(Drum and Bass) Just One Night

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2021

My latest drum and bass track. Apt that I could get this finished on valentine's day considering the romantic nature of the title.

Any comments or feedback would be appreciated :-)

EdwardKiy

15 Feb 2021

the high-synth entering at 0-51 is too flat for too long, needs more dynamics, like when you filter it up later. The bridge is too long, at least start a build-up with hi-hats and/or snares at 3-10 when the lady says @make this last forever@, needs vocal or anything else happening after 3-30 in the high-mids/highs, 4-11 would be a good place to end the coda.

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
15 Feb 2021
the high-synth entering at 0-51 is too flat for too long, needs more dynamics, like when you filter it up later. The bridge is too long, at least start a build-up with hi-hats and/or snares at 3-10 when the lady says @make this last forever@, needs vocal or anything else happening after 3-30 in the high-mids/highs, 4-11 would be a good place to end the coda.
Thanks EdwardKiy that is very useful feedback. The timesignature info has really helped me identify the areas you mention and agree with your comments. I was a bit confused about what you said about the coda as I assumed you mean a vocoder which I am not using on this track (although I think I may have used a vocoder wavetable when creating the arpeggio). Will have to look at this when home from work.

Thank you for taking the time to help me. 👍

EdwardKiy

15 Feb 2021

You're very welcome! Sorry, I meant coda as in structure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coda_(music)

I think around ¬4-10 is the strongest point to end it

Also, I may be completely wrong. Keep us posted, interesting how this plays out!

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
15 Feb 2021
You're very welcome! Sorry, I meant coda as in structure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coda_(music)

I think around ¬4-10 is the strongest point to end it

Also, I may be completely wrong. Keep us posted, interesting how this plays out!
Ah I see (thanks for the link to help me understand what you meant). You will have to excuse my ignorance around music terminology (and structure)as come from dj background.

TheGodOfRainbows

19 Feb 2021

Cool track! I would say that it's a touch too bassy. It's really massive sounding. But of course that may be precisely your goal, and that's just my opinion. Otherwise it sounds great.

Skimrok

19 Feb 2021

good tune I like it :thumbup:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Kov

20 Feb 2021

Good track. Since i'm more into dark sounding stuff I'm glad that only the title is romantic ;). The bass drum could use some of the 80-160 Hz range.

Popey
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2021

Hi thanks for the comments and feedback. I am currently working on a new track and also updating this one taking on board the above feedback.

Thanks for taking the time to help and will post updated version once complete👍

• Information