WaveMaster Synthesizer Song Challenge (Ekssperimental Sounds Studio)

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
TheDragonborg

20 Feb 2021

Are we allowed to use drum machines if you are just using it as a sequencer for it?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2021

Here's my entry. 10 instances of Wavemaster. :-)

ekss
RE Developer

20 Feb 2021

TheDragonborg wrote:
20 Feb 2021
Are we allowed to use drum machines if you are just using it as a sequencer for it?
Sure! If you use Redrum you can copy pattern to track to later delete the instance in the rack :)

Re8et
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Feb 2021

Beautiful!

Re8et
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2021

ekss wrote:
19 Feb 2021
Nice to see some submissions – only 4 days left now - keep 'em coming!
Ekks, in the manual it doesn't say anything bout the poly-mono switch on the bottom left... what it does exactly??? What is the limit? Does it accept blam polycv?

ekss
RE Developer

20 Feb 2021

Re8et wrote:
20 Feb 2021
ekss wrote:
19 Feb 2021
Nice to see some submissions – only 4 days left now - keep 'em coming!
Ekks, in the manual it doesn't say anything bout the poly-mono switch on the bottom left... what it does exactly??? What is the limit? Does it accept blam polycv?
It just switches between polyphonic and monophonic mode - meaning polyphonic will accept several notes at once (maximum of 16), and monophonic will only play one note at a time. I don’t know what blam polycv is so don’t count on it being supported!
Last edited by ekss on 20 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

jam-s

20 Feb 2021

ekss wrote:
20 Feb 2021
Re8et wrote:
20 Feb 2021

It just switches between polyphonic and monophonic mode - meaning polyphonic will accept several notes at once, and monophonic will only play one note at a time. I don’t know what blam polycv is so don’t count on it being supported!
https://blamsoft.com/polycv/ it is a nice extension on the CV concept in reason to support polyphonic CV+Note signals. Sadly the Props/RS have not officially adopted it. It would be great if all devices would actually work with this.

(The spec itself can be found in the very bottom of the old dev section of the site: https://www.reasonstudios.com/developer/)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2021

Re8et wrote:
20 Feb 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Feb 2021

Beautiful!

sdst
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2021

hello my entry disappeared after updating, I can't edit the post

I can only post it again

here it is

lipo231

21 Feb 2021

Hello there. I submit with this one. Btw great entries posted. :-)

zoidkirb

21 Feb 2021

Super fun little synth to program. I surprised myself even by creating some halfway decent drums, something I've never used for 100% of a song. All great entries too, this will be a good playlist.

And a BC link for better fidelity. https://cabalfaction.bandcamp.com/track ... -incursion

deeplink
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2021

This has been quite the challenge.. and I'm quite happy with the results.

Well done to the Ekssperimental Sounds team for creating this nifty device, I hope you enjoy the tune below and good luck to all.

Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Quarmat
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2021

Hello there.

I had great fun exploring and tweaking the WaveMaster. It looks simple at first but it is a very capable and powerful synth indeed!

Here is my entry for the competition: 14 instances of WaveMaster. MClass eq/cmp/max/stereo img on master bus.

(I hope I understood the rules correctly, if not please tell me: I'll remove the MClass devices from Master bus insert effect)

Thank you!

ekss
RE Developer

22 Feb 2021

Quarmat wrote:
22 Feb 2021
Hello there.

I had great fun exploring and tweaking the WaveMaster. It looks simple at first but it is a very capable and powerful synth indeed!

Here is my entry for the competition: 14 instances of WaveMaster. MClass eq/cmp/max/stereo img on master bus.

(I hope I understood the rules correctly, if not please tell me: I'll remove the MClass devices from Master bus insert effect)

Thank you!

Actually the rules where only WM + SSL but since we alllowed one limiter on the masterbus there is no big difference on allowing MClass like the stereo img as well. It’s stock, it does not produce sound and just help a tiny bit on the master, so OK on that! :)

Nice submissions coming in, happy to hear such a broad variety of sounds coming out of this synth!

MarkTarlton

22 Feb 2021

here is my entry, thanks for the opportunity and good luck to the participants!

patches3gig

23 Feb 2021

Wow a lot of good submissions so far! I didn't see this competition until earlier today so I have 1 day to do the whole thing xD Trying to make everything from scratch. Going to be hard!

ElektroMann

23 Feb 2021

So many awesome tracks :) We should make an Album!

Since Erik said:
Actually the rules where only WM + SSL but since we allowed one limiter on the masterbus there is no big difference on allowing MClass like the stereo img as well. It’s stock, it does not produce sound and just help a tiny bit on the master, so OK on that!
I masterized my Track a bit... but just a little bit :) New Version:

Must say, awesome synth!

Cheers,

Elektromann

Ps. my second post on ReasonTalk :o

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

23 Feb 2021

Late to the party with 10 instances.

reusenoise

23 Feb 2021

My entry:WhistleSong,honestly I don't have any plan to enter these challenge,but these afternoon I start to whistle these simple and happy melody,so I made a really simple song,maybe too simple ;-) anyway some technical details:
Daw:REASON (Of course)
WaveMaster 12 instances
FX:SSL master bus compressor
Enjoy
Last edited by reusenoise on 24 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

patches3gig

23 Feb 2021

I only had a few hours to work on this unfortunately cause I found out about this too late, but I like what I got! 2 instances of Wave Master (a kick and a wonky melodic sound) programmed from the init patch and 1 stock maximizer on the master bus. Hope you enjoy xD

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2021

Here's mine! I think I'm 8 minutes late though. Oh well!

ekss
RE Developer

24 Feb 2021

Timmy Crowne wrote:
24 Feb 2021
Here's mine! I think I'm 8 minutes late though. Oh well!
8 minutes, no problem!

Thanks for all your great submissions - the challenge is now closed for further entries.
Winners will be announced on Friday!

Re8et
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2021

Wow, this is gotta be hard for the judges... not too many tracks/submission but at least 6 are over the top!! Good luck everyone!!

ElektroMann

26 Feb 2021

I guess my song really sucked :lol: Congrats to the winners... If somebody still want to buy WaveMaster:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ter-synth/

Its still on sale!

Cheers!

• Information