Medieval inspired melodic electro

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Gothi

10 Feb 2021

Hi
We are Tribe of Hofund, a Danish Electro duo, which has just released our first attempt to signify a style. We have recorded lines from Polivoks, MC909, Korg Prophecy and accoustic guitar into Reason 11 Suite and added from there with units like Humana, NNXT, Parsec, Layers Wave and Viking 2.

Cheers

Jagwah

14 Feb 2021

Gungnir wrote:
10 Feb 2021
Hi
We are Tribe of Hofund, a Danish Electro duo, which has just released our first attempt to signify a style. We have recorded lines from Polivoks, MC909, Korg Prophecy and accoustic guitar into Reason 11 Suite and added from there with units like Humana, NNXT, Parsec, Layers Wave and Viking 2.

Cheers

Hi it's really cool to see you guys trying to make your own style, it sounds very musical like you both have good musical knowledge. Sometimes the acid line feels forced like you tried to add these things together without letting it happen naturally, just feels a little crowded sometimes. I like it all except when the acid feels too much.Very cool though and the guitar is great :thumbs_up:

Gothi

14 Feb 2021

Thanks for the kind words, man. And yes, we are both classical trained. My bandmate is a classical guitar player, and I am a piano/keyplayer trained in composition. For strange reasons, I ended up specializing in 16th century polyphony, while everyone else went for jazz harmony, romanticism, modern classical music and whatnot. That is why it may sound clustered, because it is based on counterpoint, mixture of many melodies, instead of harmonization that supports a single melody only. To the modern music listener, this kind of polyphony can put a little pressure on the working memory, which we may ignore somewhat because we are trained. We shall keep your criticism in mind for the future though. Thanks again for the encouraging feedback. That is always an extra boost to our creativity :thumbup:

EdwardKiy

15 Feb 2021

Feels a bit too rushed and busy musically. I think you can get more depth and dramatization if you slow it down. Try letting the bass swell slower at least at the beginning, let it rumble, try a hard-hitting kick at half-time on top of what you have now. This is ripe to be a teeth-clattering piece and a slower bass line will only give a better contrast to the more light and mobile (string) part(s), as well as give it more space.

TheMiles

15 Feb 2021

Awesome tune! The mix of medieval melodies and electronic sounds workes very well. I thoroughly enjoyed this track :)

Gothi

15 Feb 2021

@TheMiles Thanks a lot, means a lot, :-)

@EdwardKiy. Thanks for engagement and advice. However, this tune is done for the better or worse of it. We are working on another and could take some of the advice with us, though.

Kind Regards
ToH

Skimrok

21 Feb 2021

sounds good I like the feeling and vibe to it :thumbup:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Gothi

24 Feb 2021

Thanks, @skimrok :puf_smile:

RTFX

24 Feb 2021

This is a fresh kind of breath.
I wouldnt come up with this kind of electro, but i like it.
Looking forward to hear more stuff from u guys!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Gothi

24 Feb 2021

Thanks for the encouragement. We are releasing a new tune soon, but right now we are sweating over an ambitious violin arrangement, which we need a little time to finish.

All the best
ToH

• Information