Do you ever bridge VST3s in Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2020

We still don't know when/ if VST3 support is coming from RS. There's a whole load of bridging plugins which allow VST3s to be used in Reason. Just wondered if anybody can actually be bothered. Would you/ do you bridge VST3 or do you just find a similar RE or VST2 to use instead? Or indeed another DAW?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

rgdaniel

27 Dec 2020

I try to keep VST use to a minimum, just a few well-behaved low-resource favourites in VST2 format, so bridging has not yet become necessary for me. And surely R12 will support VST3? Surely?

Billy+

27 Dec 2020

rgdaniel wrote:
27 Dec 2020
I try to keep VST use to a minimum, just a few well-behaved low-resource favourites in VST2 format, so bridging has not yet become necessary for me. And surely R12 will support VST3? Surely?
I was hoping to get vst3 support and the new dpi hi res in an update to version 11 some time in 2021 :lol:

antic604

27 Dec 2020

Billy wrote:
27 Dec 2020
rgdaniel wrote:
27 Dec 2020
I was hoping to get vst3 support and the new dpi hi res in an update to version 11 some time in 2021 :lol:
You can continue hoping ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

cymek74

27 Dec 2020

Yeah, I used the Metaplugin from DDMF quite a bit, not just for VST3 but also for things like Xfer Cthulu and other midi devices, great that you can use them also with the RRP, very simple to use and very low on resources, the only bug that I had before the last update was that when you added a Selig Gain while the sequencer was running it would crash Metaplugin but not Reason, also the Studio One Ampire Plugin is now a separate plugin in VST3, the pedalboard is very handy and quite good.
Mutools Mux is a very good way of using VST Midi players also, it doesn't host VST3 yet either but it is an amazing addition to Reason that you don't hear mentioned much, you can put together some awesome effects/instruments from scratch, and that's coming from me, I am not that computer savvy, and I've built some really great sounding synths/effects/samplers. You can really get the hang of it pretty quick if you dive into it, only let down is, the tutorials are few and far between and the material in the manual leaves a lot to be desired, using Reason for the last couple of years helped a lot, I wouldn't have had a clue only for that, the forum/manual/tutorials/Youtube for Reason are great, and helped me understand Mux.
After having said all that, and going off-topic, the recent players and an increase in creative type REs means that I'm going to VST3/bridging less and less.
Reason 12, Bitwig 4, Win 10 :recycle: :reason: :re:

miscend

27 Dec 2020

I use Element on Mac. On Windows I use the Polac bridger - best most transparent solution so far.

• Information