REQUEST: Better Authorizer/RS.com my account behaviors (sync all & update)

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
DJMaytag

08 Oct 2020

I have a BUNCH of RE's that I'm not interested in using, free and paid, and have deleted them from my machine. Using the "sync all" option downloads EVERYTHING in my account, as far as RE's go. It would be nice if there was an option to exclude certain products from downloading, and/or updating any products with new versions.

chaosroyale

09 Oct 2020

Everyone agrees with you.

RS have known about this request for 7 years.

Nothing is going to happen.
DJMaytag wrote:
08 Oct 2020
I have a BUNCH of RE's that I'm not interested in using, free and paid, and have deleted them from my machine. Using the "sync all" option downloads EVERYTHING in my account, as far as RE's go. It would be nice if there was an option to exclude certain products from downloading, and/or updating any products with new versions.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Oct 2020

I am soooooooo fcgink sick of this stupid authorizer. Seems like most of the time if you try to download a single device it doesn't show up in the rack. The only way to get it to download and register is to sync all. This has been going on for ages. I've complained, you've complained and still it doesn't work. I don't get pissed off at much these days but this seriously gets my goat.

Edit: Right, I've found the workaround I think. Instead of downloading the device from the RE section of your account you need to find it in the shop and download from there. Should we really have to have a workaround for this though. I would have to say no.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

earwig83

14 Oct 2020

Reason Studios is becoming more and more like Native Instruments. Not a good thing. I use both still.

DecafDreams

15 Oct 2020

I have a workaround fix for this if you're on Mac. Make a note of the name of the rack extension folder for the device you don't want to resync, and then delete that folder.

Then if you create an empty file of the same name in the same location by using the touch command in the Mac Terminal, i.e.

touch ~/Library/Application\ Support/Propellerhead\ Software/RackExtensions/com.rackcompany.devicename.1.0

Once that empty file is there, right click on the file and choose Get Info and then tick the box that says Locked.

Now in future when you do a Sync All, the Authorizer will give you an error message when it trys to install that RE and it will fail gracefully.

I have about 10 REs I don't use and this method prevents me having to delete their redownloaded folders to uninstall them everytime I do a Sync All.

Good luck!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2020

DecafDreams wrote:
15 Oct 2020
I have a workaround fix for this if you're on Mac. Make a note of the name of the rack extension folder for the device you don't want to resync, and then delete that folder.

Then if you create an empty file of the same name in the same location by using the touch command in the Mac Terminal, i.e.

touch ~/Library/Application\ Support/Propellerhead\ Software/RackExtensions/com.rackcompany.devicename.1.0

Once that empty file is there, right click on the file and choose Get Info and then tick the box that says Locked.

Now in future when you do a Sync All, the Authorizer will give you an error message when it trys to install that RE and it will fail gracefully.

I have about 10 REs I don't use and this method prevents me having to delete their redownloaded folders to uninstall them everytime I do a Sync All.

Good luck!
That’s very clever. Wonder if it’d work on Windows. Hmm.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DecafDreams

15 Oct 2020

A Unix-based system like macOS treats files and folder paths in the same way, hence my solution. In Windows, however folders and files are treated distinctly differently. In Windows I believe it would have to be a locked folder you would need to use to try and block reinstallation of an unwanted RE. Your best chance in Windows would be; go into the folder of the RE already installed that you want to uninstall permanently and delete the files inside, then go up back to the RackExtensions dir and right click on the newly emptied folder and choose Properties. In there tick the box that says Read Only. Hopefully that will do the equivalent on the Windows side of things of locking that RE from being reinstalled with a Sync All. Unfortunately it may be that the Authorizer will not respect that Read Only tickbox...let us know how you get on!

• Information