RE of the decade?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dvdrtldg

15 Jan 2020

reddust wrote:
15 Jan 2020
Resonans
I feel this one is a little underappreciated. Not an obvious show pony candidate, and maybe not anyone's first choice for slamming club bangers, but definitely one of the most unique and mindblowing synths in the shop. I love it for sound design and generative music, it has the most amazing range of sound possibilities that can be both weird/out of the box and organic/natural sounding at the same time. The sort of instrument you can spend an entire day with, just exploring. Goes where no other synth in Reason can go

Oquasec

15 Jan 2020

Either expanse or Parsec.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Iapetus 9

15 Jan 2020

Hmmm...

Synth- Complex-1, with the Legend a very close second.
Effect- Fritz, with Animus a very close second.
Utility- PSQ-1684 hands down, with ZFO-2 a very close second.
Must have and useless- The WBL3001.
38L > 51D every time.

reddust

16 Jan 2020

dvdrtldg wrote:
15 Jan 2020
reddust wrote:
15 Jan 2020
Resonans
I feel this one is a little underappreciated. Not an obvious show pony candidate, and maybe not anyone's first choice for slamming club bangers, but definitely one of the most unique and mindblowing synths in the shop. I love it for sound design and generative music, it has the most amazing range of sound possibilities that can be both weird/out of the box and organic/natural sounding at the same time. The sort of instrument you can spend an entire day with, just exploring. Goes where no other synth in Reason can go
Totally agree, Resonans was for me a no brainer as I saw what it can do. The possibility to be able to create sounds that are somewhere between natural and electronic and the possibility to process your own sounds - loading them as samples or routing them - through this synth is something very special about Resonans.

Loque

16 Jan 2020

reddust wrote:
16 Jan 2020
dvdrtldg wrote:
15 Jan 2020

Totally agree, Resonans was for me a no brainer as I saw what it can do. The possibility to be able to create sounds that are somewhere between natural and electronic and the possibility to process your own sounds - loading them as samples or routing them - through this synth is something very special about Resonans.
Idd, Resonans was/is great. It has its own sound. Compared to Chromaphone it lacks the interaction between 2 generators. Would be great if there were more generators, which can be interacted/interconnected with or a bit more access to the generator itself (like a breakout or more options in the generator loop). The probably best thing in Resonans is the Audio In, where you can have additional sound sources including Resonans itself :-D. I love it :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

Aosta

16 Jan 2020

Still love Antidote, one of the first REs to make non reason users have gear lust and an absolute pleasure to use and tweak.
Tend the flame

reddust

16 Jan 2020

Loque wrote:
16 Jan 2020
The probably best thing in Resonans is the Audio In, where you can have additional sound sources including Resonans itself :-D. I love it :thumbs_up:
Totally, I think that's really the best feature it has :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2020

reddust wrote:
16 Jan 2020
Loque wrote:
16 Jan 2020
The probably best thing in Resonans is the Audio In, where you can have additional sound sources including Resonans itself :-D. I love it :thumbs_up:
That was actually one of the reasons I thought about buying it. Then I realised I could use the resonance in Rad Piano. Also PSP have a free VST called Piano Verb which does the same thing.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

16 Jan 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Jan 2020
reddust wrote:
16 Jan 2020

That was actually one of the reasons I thought about buying it. Then I realised I could use the resonance in Rad Piano. Also PSP have a free VST called Piano Verb which does the same thing.
The resonance in RP is probably way different than that in Resonans. I think, it is more like the thing in Kong. The Audio In in Resonans is working like a impulse for the physical modelling instead of a simple noise.

Edit: Maybe i was wrong, at least a bit. Looks like Reasonstudios did a bit more than just adding a resonator, well, maybe...
Sympathetic resonance is a physical phenomenon that can occur in acoustic instruments, like in pianos for example.
It means that any undamped strings will ring along with the played strings. For example, if you play a key with the
sustain pedal down, all other strings in the piano will also vibrate at various intensities. Similarly, if you hold down a
number of keys (so that the dampers are off the strings) and then play additional keys, the strings for the held keys
will resonate.
With the Resonance controls you set the amount of sympathetic resonance in your piano sound.
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

22 Jan 2020

Synths: Complex-1, Nostromo, and Noise Engineering bundle 1 and 2

Effects: Fritz, Neutron, Pipeline, Kuassa Fuzz, Kuassa Delay

Utilities: Shape and ZFO-2

Players : Polystep and Kompulsion
r11s

• Information