Microphone Stand Compatibility?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Mistro17

08 Nov 2019

I have a Behringer XM8500 Dynamic mic that came with a clip and bought a stand for it to go on my desktop. But the clip/holder that comes with the microphone does not fit the stand. I'm new to microphones and wonder if I got the wrong stand or if the size of the stand's thread is standard and I have to get an adapter to get my mic holder working with it? I'm considering just buying a new desktop stand that comes with the holder but if this is an easy fix I could save a few bucks.
MicStand.jpg
MicStand.jpg (576.62 KiB) Viewed 988 times

diminished
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2019

You could get an adapter. Question is, which one. The mic clip is standard, but tbh I've never seen that thread type of your stand before. Maybe someone else can help and in the mean time you could post the name of the stand you're using :)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

eusti

08 Nov 2019

I don't think I've ever seen a mic stand adapter that you have there... Seems quite unusual to me...
Found an image that seems to be somewhat similar, but not sure how that can help...

https://www.long-mcquade.com/61789/Pro_ ... EXM400.htm

D.

diminished
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2019

Just in case the stand is compatible:
Screw out that goldenish thread from the clip with the help of a coin and see if it fits after!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

eusti

08 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Screw out that goldenish thread from the clip with the help of a coin and see if it fits after!
:thumbs_up:

Not sure I even see a thread in the original pic though... Good idea though!

D.

QVprod

08 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
08 Nov 2019
This is exactly the solution.

Mistro17

08 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Haha! The thought crossed my mind a few times but didn't want to break anything. So after unscrewing that metal thread out, it fits. Thanks for the help.
MicStandFixed.jpg
MicStandFixed.jpg (706.39 KiB) Viewed 956 times
And thanks everyone.

diminished
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2019

eusti

08 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Nice one!! :)

D.

• Information