Behringer 303

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
joeyluck

05 Nov 2019

"Launch 3+3+2 . 3x3+2" = Sounds like they will be announcing November 8 :puf_smile:

I'm guessing it will be an analog version just like everything else they've been releasing :thumbs_up:

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2019

Inevitable. Appreciated. I'll stick with ABL3 though :)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

joeyluck

05 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
05 Nov 2019
Yeah hard to beat ABL3 :puf_smile:

In terms of hardware options out there, I'm most interested in this one, aside from Bass Bot.

EdGrip

05 Nov 2019

I have nothing to add. I want it.

miscend

06 Nov 2019

Never understood the fascination with the 303 even though I like House and Techno.

dezma

07 Nov 2019

I guess you either hate or love it.. I'm in the latter group.

That being said, first pics are being posted.

If it sounds close, it might be my first behringer synth.

joeyluck

07 Nov 2019

dezma wrote:
07 Nov 2019

Looks pretty close to the original. A few additional things and some stuff moved around slightly.

And here's the back panel: Image

Seems they are mostly looking to appeal to those who simply want a classic TB-303 remake. Aside from the built-in distortion (which is apparently modeled after the Boss DS-1), and USB MIDI, it doesn't look like they've included much additional to the original... Doesn't look like there's another way to sequence aside from the original method. And no display for tempo (à la Korg Volca), but I guess most people will be syncing over the 'sync in' or over USB/MIDI.

Maybe keeping things very basic is a way they hope to keep Roland at bay? Since Roland's latest digital iterations focus on additional functionality... Interesting choice though in the name "TD-3"... I know they've been using the 'TD' naming convention, but TD-3 is actually another product by Roland (V-Drum set), although superseded by other V-Drum kits.

Looks cool. I could see myself hooking this up via USB to be controlled via ABL3's sequencer :puf_smile: :lol:
It's hard to move away from being able to use the advanced random mode of ABL3 and even the step record mode. But there is something to be desired in having a true analog sibling...and with a price from Behringer which I assume will be pretty hard to beat.

fullforce

07 Nov 2019

miscend wrote:
06 Nov 2019
Never understood the fascination with the 303 even though I like House and Techno.
Listen to some acid then.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

EdGrip

07 Nov 2019

I half anticipated some kind of "random" mode for the step sequencer.

However - the fiddly and (apparently) unintuitive process of programming the sequencer, its slides and accents and all the trial and error... They must be a part of what makes a 303 sequence sound like a 303 sequence. If we want to hit "random" over and over until we get something good or nearly good, we can just do that on ABL3, or other step sequencers in our DAWs, and then copy the result over to the Behringer.
I'd say if they're just giving people a 303 à la carte, then that sequencer has to be spot-on.. Can't wait to hear more....

diminished
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2019

I mean.. Roland could have sold a remake for the duration of a decade at an incredible margin because the original was so sought after. That train has departed now for good.

Edit: that price point of ~150€ is the real punch to the face
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Creativemind

08 Nov 2019

joeyluck wrote:
05 Nov 2019
diminished wrote:
05 Nov 2019
Yeah hard to beat ABL3 :puf_smile:

In terms of hardware options out there, I'm most interested in this one, aside from Bass Bot.
Bet Image-Lines Transistor Bass comes close apart from the actual Roland VST one.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

EdGrip

09 Nov 2019

Sounds spot on to me.

These will sell like hoooooot cakes. And Roland could have been making them all along. Analogue ones. For $150-$200. Nuts.

O1B

12 Nov 2019

Just got my RD-8 in the mail.
D. O. A.

First time this ever happened to me. Oh well, I hope the reship is quick. Cali is still sleeping, atm...

But - this 3 looks interesting. The touch of CV is Nice. Filter IN? CV or Audio?
Touch pads would've added a nice, new, dynamic touch to those awkward 'keys.'

Faastwalker

13 Nov 2019

Excellent video from Loopop comparing the Behringer TD-3 with the original + 2 other clones. I think the Behringer clone sounds the least closest to the original. But as he points out no two original TB-303's are alike. Especially at this point in time considering their age. But the original machine does still have an extremely strong & identifiable character. Having said that these are all very decent clones & the Behringer TD-3 will be dirt cheap. I'm just not sure we need this in 2019. I'm perfectly happy with the ABL3 RE for the amount of use it gets. It's a very good sounding clone. Pair with a MIDI controller, which is easy due to the small amount of controls, and it's a lot of fun to jam with. Best thing you can do with a 303 in 2019 but I will always have a soft spot for a bit of Acieed :D

Pinkbox

15 Nov 2019

ABL3 would be the best 303 clone if they had managed to get rid of the click issue. It's just unusable from an external sequencer.

Td-3 filter in is audio in (too bad).

Pinkbox

15 Nov 2019

And about the loopop video : you gotta compare what can be compared.
First, compare the TD3 with the original 303, and to other 150€ clones, not 500€ clones.
Second, compare the sounds, not the value of the knobs! It's so obvious td3's cutoff and resonance are pushing further than the original, so step back a little if you want to compare the sound!
Can't wait to receive mine

O1B

21 Jan 2020

Single OSC,
Typical one-mode Filter,
NO CV IN
Why would I want to use a 16 step Gate out?
Write Mode :redface:
Tempo DIAL w/no Display :?
Filter in ? CV or Audio... :question: I'm sure it isn't CV and Audio :?
16 quantized steps - with "swing"...

smh...

no way to get all that for $150 - NEW - ... but, do we want what we're getting?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2020

The Behringer sounds a bit lack luster, especially at high res and with its distortion. The XOX sound, incl dist is pretty close to an original TB with a BOSS Bass Dist pedal, that was a std setup back in the days.
ABL3 + Scream 4 is pretty close though, or should I say close enough... Just need to map my controller buttons and print automation - and total recall, just better than hw IMO.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

dannyF

22 Jan 2020

No one could tell the diff in a mix. Just make music and stop pretending you have golden ears.

kuhliloach

22 Jan 2020

yet ReBirth is against the law?

Creativemind

07 Aug 2020

dezma wrote:
07 Nov 2019

It looks great. Just bought my first analogue synth a couple of weeks ago. Behringer MS-1 (SH-101 clone) and tempted by a Nava 909 next. Sounds spot on but you need put it together yourself. This might be next on the agenda after that around Christmas.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

fullforce

08 Aug 2020

I'm gonna get a yellow one.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• Information