Sampling into a device

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
samp

04 Nov 2019

Hello all,
Whenever i try to sample something into a reason device i then go to the editor to check the sample and it has about 4 seconds cut off at the start. Always happens. Is there some sort of threshold setting somewhere? During the sampling process in realtime the sample wave looks fine as its recording... not sure whats going on. Thanks in advance

selig
RE Developer

05 Nov 2019

samp wrote:
04 Nov 2019
Hello all,
Whenever i try to sample something into a reason device i then go to the editor to check the sample and it has about 4 seconds cut off at the start. Always happens. Is there some sort of threshold setting somewhere? During the sampling process in realtime the sample wave looks fine as its recording... not sure whats going on. Thanks in advance
There is a 30 second limit to samples recorded directly into a device (for some reason) - sounds like maybe you're recording longer than 30 seconds into the device?
Note whether or not the screen starts to scroll when recording/sampling into a device - if it does, you're loosing the beginning of the recording/sample. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information