Ive never developed but can it be that hard?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mcatalao
Competition Winner

14 Nov 2019

kimothebeatmaker wrote:
13 Nov 2019
Yeah, it is...but it also moots the argument that "coding is hard...thats why these things take years to implement"...there has to be other reasons rather than "coding it really hard"...which was the original question of the post. Can it really be THAT hard? If these smaller companies are doing it? I feel like PH has lost their small company motivation and drive, and are now just out to make a profit...
I don't think i said it takes anything years to implement. Programming is basically telling a computer what to do in response to one or multiple humans inputs.
The level of difficulty to program a task depends on the complexity of the task, in part on the generation of the programming language, an the level of expertise of the programmer (sometimes it isn't even the expertise on programming per se but having an efficient thinking way, and understanding logical blocks and so on).

So, the programming is hard thing is not moot. But on the other side (and answering to Bitley too), i talked more about product life cycle and project scoping than about programming exactly because "programming is hard" is not the reason for everything.

As i said, programming is hard, its a very cerebral process, there are plenty of other professions that are as cerebral and hard as programming. I'm only saying there are 1000 other variables to it.

Creativemind

14 Nov 2019

You've never developed? try steroids. Sorry only joking. Propellerhead need really crack on with a lot of these features. There's so many hurdles that if they implemented the right features would make life so much easier and some such as "cloned / Linked / Mimic'd clips" & "Undo History" cannot be worked around.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Data_Shrine

14 Nov 2019

Do you guys think they still have in-house programmers ? If not that might explain why..

Loque

15 Nov 2019

Data_Shrine wrote:
14 Nov 2019
Do you guys think they still have in-house programmers ? If not that might explain why..
Yea, I think they still have some. Only dumb CFO thinks, that 6 cheap guys are better than 2 normal programmers or than 1 costly high performer... And sadly, we have a lot of overpayed CFO todays with too much power in a company.
Reason12, Win10

kimothebeatmaker

22 Nov 2019

mcatalao wrote:
14 Nov 2019
kimothebeatmaker wrote:
13 Nov 2019
Yeah, it is...but it also moots the argument that "coding is hard...thats why these things take years to implement"...there has to be other reasons rather than "coding it really hard"...which was the original question of the post. Can it really be THAT hard? If these smaller companies are doing it? I feel like PH has lost their small company motivation and drive, and are now just out to make a profit...
I don't think i said it takes anything years to implement. Programming is basically telling a computer what to do in response to one or multiple humans inputs.
The level of difficulty to program a task depends on the complexity of the task, in part on the generation of the programming language, an the level of expertise of the programmer (sometimes it isn't even the expertise on programming per se but having an efficient thinking way, and understanding logical blocks and so on).

So, the programming is hard thing is not moot. But on the other side (and answering to Bitley too), i talked more about product life cycle and project scoping than about programming exactly because "programming is hard" is not the reason for everything.

As i said, programming is hard, its a very cerebral process, there are plenty of other professions that are as cerebral and hard as programming. I'm only saying there are 1000 other variables to it.
You're speaking out of context of what my original point was. I wasn't asking if programming was hard in general...it obviously is...im asking in the context of the features that have been requested for years. Please stick to the topic. Thank you.
"Cocaine and Prostitutes"

mcatalao
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2019

kimothebeatmaker wrote:
22 Nov 2019
You're speaking out of context of what my original point was. I wasn't asking if programming was hard in general...it obviously is...im asking in the context of the features that have been requested for years. Please stick to the topic. Thank you.
No it's not out of context, because I've already answered you directly and you kept circling around.
So, I'll say it again. It's a question of prioritisation.

But it sticks to this:
RS released R11 with their main focus on the Rack plugin. They also said they were working on an AU version.

It got out today.
Time is the most precious commodity in the universe, and even Reason Studios AKA Propellerhead can't bend it (yet).
Last edited by mcatalao on 24 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

kimothebeatmaker

24 Nov 2019

mcatalao wrote:
22 Nov 2019
kimothebeatmaker wrote:
22 Nov 2019
No it's not out of context, because I've already answered you directly and you kept circling around.
So, I'll say it again. It a question of prioritisation.

But it sticks to this:
RS released R11 with their main focus on the Rack plugin. They also said they were working on an AU version.

It got out today.
Time is the most precious commodity in the universe, and even Reason Studios AKA Propellerhead can't bend it (yet).
I understand, thank you for your input.
"Cocaine and Prostitutes"

• Information