Announcing Reason 11

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
guitfnky

28 Sep 2019

gdm41 wrote:
28 Sep 2019
guitfnky wrote:
28 Sep 2019
so, am I understanding this correctly...you can't install the VST to a custom/specified folder? what about the soundbanks used? that would be an instant 'nope' for me...I only have a 500 gig SDD for my boot drive (C:), and don't need sound libraries clogging that up.
unfortunately yes. but you can do virtual symbol links to move your content to another hdd, its a PITA.
wow, that really sort of is amateur hour...I really hope they get that addressed. 😐
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Proboscis

28 Sep 2019

pquenin wrote:
28 Sep 2019
MannequinRaces wrote:
27 Sep 2019

Yes they are. Look under Manage Content.
Thanks, but I just can't find Manage Content in Reason Intro...
(In Reason 10) This can be found from the file dropdowns at the top left under Window>Manage Content

miscend

29 Sep 2019

Not being able to specify the VST plugin folder is a major omission. But anyway we have never been able to specify the RE folder either.

EdGrip

29 Sep 2019

Been playing my new Reason upgrade. Just lost a couple of hours to a little old stock synth called Europa.

Europa is SO good. Ableton's Wavetable WISHES it was Europa. ;)
Those new modulation effects are excellent.

stratatonic

29 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
28 Sep 2019
gdm41 wrote:
28 Sep 2019

unfortunately yes. but you can do virtual symbol links to move your content to another hdd, its a PITA.
wow, that really sort of is amateur hour...I really hope they get that addressed. 😐
Logic only allowed you to locate their Sound Library in an update a year ago, but it really should have been introduced well before that. There is a lot of content there.
With Suite and all the sample based instruments that come with it, Propellerhead should have been on top of it right off the bat. Especially since they are going after other DAW customers that are likely used to having large sample libraries on external drives already.

pquenin

30 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
28 Sep 2019
pquenin wrote:
28 Sep 2019

Thanks, but I just can't find Manage Content in Reason Intro...
(In Reason 10) This can be found from the file dropdowns at the top left under Window>Manage Content
I used to have Reason 10 Full and yes, there was a Manage Content menu. But nothing like this in Reason 11 Intro...
So it's still a mystery for me : why do the Loop Supply and Drum supply are available in the plugin version of Reason 11 Intro and not in the standalone version where it is most usefull because you can drag directly files on the sequencer ?

I hope the plugin also will let us drag files from the Reason rack plugin browser to the Host DAW, including Midi files. Many VST plugins allow this.
And I think that a plugin must be in total symbiosis with its host application, because it's a extension of the host application and must serve it in the best way possible.

Loque

30 Sep 2019

pquenin wrote:
30 Sep 2019
Proboscis wrote:
28 Sep 2019

I used to have Reason 10 Full and yes, there was a Manage Content menu. But nothing like this in Reason 11 Intro...
So it's still a mystery for me : why do the Loop Supply and Drum supply are available in the plugin version of Reason 11 Intro and not in the standalone version where it is most usefull because you can drag directly files on the sequencer ?

I hope the plugin also will let us drag files from the Reason rack plugin browser to the Host DAW, including Midi files. Many VST plugins allow this.
And I think that a plugin must be in total symbiosis with its host application, because it's a extension of the host application and must serve it in the best way possible.
Intro has only around 3GB and not 7GB content. I guess it is not available in Intro.
Reason12, Win10

pquenin

02 Oct 2019

It's not available in Intro standalone, but it's in Intro plugin !

gdm41

06 Oct 2019

pquenin wrote:
02 Oct 2019
It's not available in Intro standalone, but it's in Intro plugin !
Hmm i opened the plugin (reason intro) and under settings it says:" There is additional content available - run Reason standalone and use the Manage Content dialog to download.

As mentioned earlier, there is no "Manage Content" in Reason Intro standalone.
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

pquenin

06 Feb 2021

I think I can see the Loop Supply and Drum supply in the R11 plugin because Propellerheads forgot to hide it (a bug).
As an old owner of R10 full, I think the 2 sounds packs are somewhere on my computer despite the fact that i have uninstalled R10...

Billy+

06 Feb 2021

pquenin wrote:
06 Feb 2021
I think I can see the Loop Supply and Drum supply in the R11 plugin because Propellerheads forgot to hide it (a bug).
As an old owner of R10 full, I think the 2 sounds packs are somewhere on my computer despite the fact that i have uninstalled R10...
If you didn't delete the folders you will probably find a few leftovers!

EnochLight

06 Feb 2021

pquenin wrote:
06 Feb 2021
It’s not a bug; it’s by design.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

26 Aug 2021

EnochLight wrote:
26 Aug 2019
LittleBoy wrote:
26 Aug 2019

The DAW is the company TODAY. We talk in two years.
Bookmark this thread and link this post. See you August 26, 2021, and we can catch up. ;)
Well, I'm never one to complain when I have to eat crow, so I guess I'll serve myself up a portion. :lol: I'd agree that R+ and RRP is definitely the focus as of today.

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

npinero1

27 Aug 2021

LOL!! Wow, remind me never to make any absolute statements around you Enochlight!!
HAHAHAHA!
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

EnochLight

27 Aug 2021

npinero1 wrote:
27 Aug 2021
LOL!! Wow, remind me never to make any absolute statements around you Enochlight!!
HAHAHAHA!
LOL!! :lol: It's all in good fun. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. :thumbup:

• Information