[NNXT][LofiPolyPad] Deepmind 12 recorded to and sampled from tape

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
diminished
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2019

Hello again.

I've recorded a few notes of a nice poly pad sound coming from the Deepmind 12 to EMTEC Sound 1 cassette tape.
I recorded it using a PHILIPS N2235.
Then I played back the sounds on my home stereo and sent them to my trusty Tascam DR-05.
A few cuts and fades and they were ready for the NNXT, where I carefully adjusted some parameters to my liking.

The result is a beautiful lo-fi yet complex and nuanced instrument, very well suited for any slow genre that requires an organic sound.
Play some chords. Across the octaves. Note by note. Enjoy.

It's my first creation for you guys so PLEASE check it out and give me a little feedback, I'd like to know what you think and what I can do better!
I'm already sorry that the wav files are rather large, something I want to improve in future endeavors.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 4136256462
(10MB)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2019

I forgot the audio demo!
Only a little bit of reverb added, increased polyphony and a slight filter variation applied. Big chords.
ambientNNXTdemo.mp3
(271.85 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

DougalDarkly

03 Aug 2019

Deleted
Last edited by DougalDarkly on 09 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

diminished
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2019

DougalDarkly wrote:
03 Aug 2019
Beautiful!

I can hear church organs, brass bands and wistful memories of childhood - great job :thumbs_up:
..and woodwinds and electric piano and antialiasing which is just tape hiss.. it's like a peaceful one-patch-lofi-pocketorchestra!
Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoy it! :)

• Information