Delta MIDI Computer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
friday

22 Aug 2019

Ohhh yea, and i have studio day today :-) actually every of my new tracks uses Delta... Really love it and the Clock Devider was one of my wishes. Thanks Socram

mjxl

22 Aug 2019

Neat!

geronimo

22 Aug 2019

For the manual, trying to translate some passages in French, I noticed that each time the letter "L" is missing in the ending of the "will" adverb.
When copying the sentences from the textbook, the words are all attached to the Translator and it'is necessary to separate them to obtain a complete and correct translation.

Another thing: the maximum number of Node is 50. Is not it a little weak considering the possibilities of deployment of this Player Delta ?
To envisage in setting in the Settings maybe: the maximum number of Node ?

friday

12 Sep 2019

Socram wrote:
09 Aug 2019
1) Yes there is a Node coming in the first major free update called the "Clock Divider" (name comes from a Eurorack concept) that solves exactly this problem. Customizable number of outputs between 1 and 4, with a "division" value between 1 and 64 that is set for each. There is a Beta for this Node and some other changes, let me know if you're interested in checking it out a little early, it should be coming out sometimes around the middle of this month.
Hi Socram, i dind't found the time until now to mess arround with the "Clock Devider" (work, family :roll: ) . But today i tryed and i can not achieve what i want. Can you please help me a little? Of course, I'm also happy about someone else's help :)

I want to pitch every 8th incoming note. So i created the Clock Devider with two outputs the first with a devision of /1 and the second with /8 . That brings me near to the expected result, the only problem is that this 8th note is comming out of both outputs :( :o :oops:

What i want:
Output 1 : 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,x,1,2,3......
Output 2 : x,x,x,x,x,x,x,8,x,x,x.....

What i get with my configuration
Output 1 : 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3......

Thank you in advance.

Socram
RE Developer

12 Sep 2019

friday wrote:
12 Sep 2019

What i want:

Thank you in advance.
For this use case you are still better of using the "old" way to clock divide, which is with a sequential Switch with Output 1 - 7 routed to where Output 1 would go and Output 8 routed to where Output 2 would go.

It would be interesting to add some sort of "exclusive output" mode to the Clock Divider that would only output to either the highest or lowest Output for cases like this. I will add that idea to the list!
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

friday

12 Sep 2019

Socram wrote:
12 Sep 2019
friday wrote:
12 Sep 2019

What i want:

Thank you in advance.
For this use case you are still better of using the "old" way to clock divide, which is with a sequential Switch with Output 1 - 7 routed to where Output 1 would go and Output 8 routed to where Output 2 would go.

It would be interesting to add some sort of "exclusive output" mode to the Clock Divider that would only output to either the highest or lowest Output for cases like this. I will add that idea to the list!
Arghhh, i did not wanted to hear that *smile* the old way is so much cabling and it can't go further than 8 outputs. (edit: ok i think it is possible when stacking switches)

Maybe a node that blocks every x note, then in combination with Clock Devider it would give a lot of possibilities?!

Anyway thanks for your fast feedback.

Socram
RE Developer

12 Sep 2019

friday wrote:
12 Sep 2019
Arghhh, i did not wanted to hear that *smile* the old way is so much cabling and it can't go further than 8 outputs. (edit: ok i think it is possible when stacking switches)

Maybe a node that blocks every x note, then in combination with Clock Devider it would give a lot of possibilities?!

Anyway thanks for your fast feedback.
Yeah sorry about that, admittedly a bit of an oversight as this is a pretty reasonable use case.

I will try to think if there's any other cleaner way to do this tonight, I might be overlooking something obvious. If not I will have a solution in 1.2.
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

friday

13 Sep 2019

Socram wrote:
12 Sep 2019
Yeah sorry about that, admittedly a bit of an oversight as this is a pretty reasonable use case.
I will try to think if there's any other cleaner way to do this tonight, I might be overlooking something obvious. If not I will have a solution in 1.2.
He Socram nothing to say sorry :-) ! I really like your device, i use it so often. It is a beast in combination with DualArp or Euclidean Player (edit: also very handy with Drum Sequencer Player), therefore I am very happy, and look forward to your next versions, but without a must have in mind!

aquil

14 Sep 2019

Looks like a nice tool, but it needs some more modules. I miss a chord splitter for splitting playing chords into high note, "middle" note and low note. A simple arp module and also a simple sequence module. Something similar like in Bitwig's grid.

Bes
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2019

sequential switch can get you that good chord splitting action here is an example >
- Certified Reason expert

aquil

15 Sep 2019

Oh, ok thx. I'll try this out.

Edit: I've tested this, but it seems its not working for me on this example:
choirdsplit.png
choirdsplit.png (41.49 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
A chord splitter would be better.

friday

15 Sep 2019

aquil wrote:
14 Sep 2019
Looks like a nice tool, but it needs some more modules. I miss a chord splitter for splitting playing chords into high note, "middle" note and low note. A simple arp module and also a simple sequence module. Something similar like in Bitwig's grid.
Are you sure that it all has to be in Delta? In my opinion, the strength of Players is to combine them. I often use Euclidean as sequencer or DualArp in combination with Delta to alter Notes and that works awesome.

aquil

15 Sep 2019

You cant layer Players, just combine them. In my example, i want the low note to play an arp and when a high note is playing, the arp should be suppressed. It was possible to archive this in Bitwig with Grid / Midi channel filtering and the Note FX Layer. The modular concept of Delta could easily archive this, when the needed modules are in there :)

mjxl

15 Sep 2019

aquil wrote:
15 Sep 2019
You cant layer Players, just combine them. In my example, i want the low note to play an arp and when a high note is playing, the arp should be suppressed. It was possible to archive this in Bitwig with Grid / Midi channel filtering and the Note FX Layer. The modular concept of Delta could easily archive this, when the needed modules are in there :)
You can use the player tap to work split outcomes.
In Delta you just disconnect the 'normal' output Node, and use 3 CV nodes isntead ; O

You can obviously again let multiple Delta's feed into 1 main Delta :3

Socram
RE Developer

21 Nov 2019

Hey guys just bumping the thread to let people know 2 things:

1) Delta is currently on sale for Black Friday for $55 down from $69, which is about %20 off: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -computer/

2) The next Node update is submitted for approval, this brings a new multi-mode Node called "Velocity Curve+" which includes a traditional Velocity Curve, a multiply velocity mode, and a unique mode for offsetting velocity depending on its distance from a chosen note, "Offset by MIDI #". It also has an added feature to make Clock Divider more useful, as well as some minor bug fixes and stability improvements!

VelCurve.jpg
VelCurve.jpg (68.13 KiB) Viewed 4559 times

Multiply Velocity: https://i.imgur.com/qp6rbSc.png
Offset by MIDI #: https://i.imgur.com/kCmQQpJ.png

Hope you guys are enjoying using Delta, or check it out if you haven't already. Thanks!
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

PhillipOrdonez

22 Nov 2019

Excellent! I love this device and I love that the developer keeps improving it. Can't wait to see how the new nodes can be introduced into, and morph my music making workflow.

Bes
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2019

very interested in this new feature that makes the Clock Divider more useful :0 guess we'l get to find out what it is very soon

BananaSkins

22 Nov 2019

Good news about the update...looking forward to it :)

Socram
RE Developer

23 Nov 2019

Bes wrote:
22 Nov 2019
very interested in this new feature that makes the Clock Divider more useful :0 guess we'l get to find out what it is very soon
Its basically got to do with what was discussed earlier on this page, its a toggle called "Suppress Lower Divisions" and it works like this:

Let's say you have a Clock Divider with outputs set to /1, /2, and /4.

The default behavior would result in the following Outputs triggering over 4 events: 1 then 1-2 then 1 then 1-2-4

With this toggle enabled, if multiple Outputs will fire only the highest division will fire, so from the example above it'd become: 1, then 2 (2 is higher than 1), then 1, then 4 (4 is higher than 2 and 1).

This makes the Node much more useful in my experience, makes it even more useful for driving drum patterns and also opens up some cool syncopated/polyrhyhthmic muting.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

Bes
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2019

excellent, very useful addition

MannequinRaces

23 Nov 2019

Still crossing my fingers for a custom delay node... :)

Socram
RE Developer

25 Nov 2019

Hey guys, excited to announce that the 1.2 update should be live any minute now and the Black Friday sale continues!

As previously mentioned it adds a new multi-mode Node called "Velocity Curve+" with 3 new ways to manipulate velocities.

Manuals still seem to be broken on Propellerhead's end, so here is an excerpt for the new node:
Velocity Curve Reference.jpg
Velocity Curve Reference.jpg (606.53 KiB) Viewed 4280 times

It also adds the "Suppress Lower Divisions" toggle to the " Clock Divider" Node, who's functionality I explained just a couple posts above this.

Enjoy!
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

bigguy1

27 Nov 2019

Nice Update with a very useful new node. Thanx a lot for your continuous support for this special device.

There is a new player by TonicMint called Negate and I was playing around with it yesterday. It is nice and I was thinking how cool it would be, to have a node in Delta doing something like this. In my understanding this player mirrors the input notes at a definable "mirror note". And it does this for the whole keyboard range. Maybe it would be interesting that the notes getting mirrored stay in the same octave, like having a mirror at the same position in every octave on the keyboard.

Do you think it is possible to create a note like this?

geronimo

28 Nov 2019

Without wanting to be too demanding, I noticed that few parameters are Delta are accessible from the controls of a Combinator (4 years old Rotarys 4 buttons).
But maybe this has already been asked ? Knowing that the interface is empty when Delta starts, it may not be easy to code ?

Target.jpg
Target.jpg (140.15 KiB) Viewed 4158 times

CR68

28 Nov 2019

great player! i dont understand all thngs now... have to dig deeper into it.

is there a chance that anyone will make a refill or community refill for that? would be great

cheers

• Information