Vocal Rider Combinator anyone?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
BananaSkins

Post 13 Mar 2019

I've just been looking into adding a vocal rider into my vocal templates. (Looking at Waves / Hornet plugins etc)

From what I've researched so far; a plugin like the Waves Vocal Rider will not sidechain into Reason because only the Vst3 version has the sidechain capabilities. (Will Reason ever support. Vst3 ?)

So I was wondering has any one ever created a vocal Rider within Reason; and if so would they like to share their patch / technique etc?

Loque

Post 14 Mar 2019

Isn't that just a leveler? If yes, you need a compressor to scan the audio material and a gain control which will be triggered by the compressors gain reduction. You can implement a lookahead with a delay unit.

Split your vocal with a spider, one goes into compressor, one into a mixer. Before the mixer you can add a DDL(full wet, no feedback) with 1ms lookahead. Flip the rack, grab the Gain Reduction from the compressor and connect it to Lolth which you connect to the Gain control of the mixer. In Lolth you can now control up or down leveling. The compressor controls the reaction time and ratio.

If it's a compressing or expanding thing, try Seligs Leveler or Lectric Pandas compressor.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

BananaSkins

Post 14 Mar 2019

Thanks for your detailed reply; just read also that 'Blue Cat's PatchWork' can load VST3 so lots to think about and try here...

Cheers :thumbs_up:

Magnus

Post 14 Mar 2019

Automation of the volume control, normalising individual audio clips, or Selig Leveler are the best ways to do this within Reason. The latter is also more CPU efficient than a VST too.

BananaSkins

Post 16 Mar 2019

Magnus wrote:
14 Mar 2019
Automation of the volume control, normalising individual audio clips, or Selig Leveler are the best ways to do this within Reason. The latter is also more CPU efficient than a VST too.
Thanks for your reply... :thumbs_up:

• Information