Propellerhead Partners with MIND Music Labs For Rack Extension Hardware Integration

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
diminished
Competition Winner

14 May 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
14 May 2019
I dont really get it. Hardware synths and fx already exist. Big, small, expensive and cheap, take your pick. Would a raspberry pi Europa really be more appealing than a minilogue xd?
No, but hardware that could run any RE or combination of REs you choose would be epic.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Faastwalker

14 May 2019

JiggeryPokery wrote:
07 May 2019
This is increasingly looking like a solution in search of a problem.
I'm not really getting this myself either. A hardware version of a plug-in? I'm not sure. Especially if you still don't have knob per function. It's early days yet & we haven't seen much of what this will deliver. The Eurorack modules demoed previously looked interesting. But I'm still waiting for a comprehensive MIDI controller to work with software. Moving the software into a dedicated box doesn't feel like the right way to go about this. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me so far. I guess we'll see what comes along, if anything.

Lov2sing

16 May 2019

:D I believe your wish has been granted. They showed this at Superbooth.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 12.53.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 12.53.22 AM.png (399.92 KiB) Viewed 739 times
We make music for a reason

Faastwalker

16 May 2019

Lov2sing wrote:
16 May 2019
I think that's the module that was first seen at NAMM 2019? I'm not sure. But you can see it clearer here. Very, very interesting. It looks like an audio / cv interface that presumably could work with an RE version of this module. That would be amazing to have that sort of integration between Reason & the outside World. Not much seems to be know about this device though. I'm speculating on what it could be. But if the Music Labs partnership could result in this type of new device, as opposed to just RE devices in a hardware unit, then it's very exciting I think. Fingers crossed something like this comes to fruition.

diminished
Competition Winner

16 May 2019

I really hope they come up with something like the Empress Zoia but better. A hardware combinator with some internal mixing/routing capabilities, accompanied by a design software where you can plug togther your combinator based on all the REs you own. With the only limitation being processing power. It could be a synth, a sequencer, a drum machine, an effect - or all at the same time. With multiple audio inputs, outputs, CV and midi.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

EnochLight

16 May 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
16 May 2019
Lov2sing wrote:
16 May 2019
I think that's the module that was first seen at NAMM 2019? I'm not sure.
Yes, this is 100% the same "proof of concept" setup that was shown several months ago. They just did a fancier silk screening on the front:

elk_OS.JPG
elk_OS.JPG (125.93 KiB) Viewed 654 times

Original announcement:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Faastwalker

16 May 2019

Found another video from Superbooth 2019 (around 7:00 for the RE / Propellerhead stuff);

EnochLight

17 May 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
16 May 2019
Found another video from Superbooth 2019 (around 7:00 for the RE / Propellerhead stuff);

See now, THAT is an interesting piece of information there: Rack Extension developers don’t need to do anything from their end, because ALL of the RE’s in the shop run on ELK OS.

Well, aside from find a hardware partner... 😜🤣
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information