Attempting a Song-a-Day project (downtempo acid)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Moshpitcasual

13 Jan 2019

Melody303 wrote:
13 Jan 2019
Moshpitcasual wrote:
13 Jan 2019
This is a great disciplinary work concept bro!
Woman here. I don't know if you're using bro as a none-gendered word or what, but it kinda reads weird to me. :p
I even bro at my mom :) but I'm sorry I shoulda thought about this actually. No harm meant. We are all equal.

Melody303

13 Jan 2019

Moshpitcasual wrote:
13 Jan 2019
Melody303 wrote:
13 Jan 2019

Woman here. I don't know if you're using bro as a none-gendered word or what, but it kinda reads weird to me. :p
I even bro at my mom :) but I'm sorry I shoulda thought about this actually. No harm meant. We are all equal.
Right on. :)
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

Melody303

01 Feb 2019

Well, it's February now, so time to get back to it:
https://melodyklein.bandcamp.com/track/ ... perception
Spent the first 7 hours of the day writing this. Now I get to eat and interact with people and stuff. :p
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.

ravisoni

02 Feb 2019

This is some unbelievable work. Your pads (and strings, or well, the string sounding things in some of your songs) are extremely reminiscent of Enigma. Veneficus was terrific.
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

DrGOA®

02 Feb 2019

Good job!

Melody303

02 Feb 2019

Thanks DrGoa. :)
ravisoni wrote:
02 Feb 2019
This is some unbelievable work. Your pads (and strings, or well, the string sounding things in some of your songs) are extremely reminiscent of Enigma. Veneficus was terrific.
Thanks ravisoni. Glad you enjoyed it.
This was the instrumentation for Veneficus:
NN19 (sax) -> RV-7
kHs One (brass)
Radical Piano x2
Redrum x4 (cause I create my kick/claps/hats/toms separately)
ABL3 x2
Subtractor -> Step (also acid)
One Combinator with the Emotion Strings patch from Miroslav Solo Strings

Melody303

03 Feb 2019

DrGOA®

03 Feb 2019

Good track!

Melody303

06 Feb 2019

My 303rd song ever published.

DrGOA®

07 Feb 2019

Again good job!
Last edited by DrGOA® on 08 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Jagwah

07 Feb 2019

Great stuff Melody303, your mixes sound so spacious, do you get a lot of that from panning percussion elements or is there a lot more to it? Seriously sounds really big and spacey, something I am trying to understand at the moment.

These tracks are great and getting them done in a day is epic you must be at a comfortable place in your music making journey now.

I would like to hear you make a faster tempo acid track, it's just something inside me wanting the acid lines to be faster and maybe more aggressive. Don't get me wrong everything sits fine in your tracks I'd just be interested to hear you try that. Sorry if we are experiencing de ja vu right now I think we might be. Regardless, rock on!

Melody303

07 Feb 2019

Thanks Dr Goa. :)
Jagwah wrote:
07 Feb 2019
Great stuff Melody303, your mixes sound so spacious, do you get a lot of that from panning percussion elements or is there a lot more to it? Seriously sounds really big and spacey, something I am trying to understand at the moment.

These tracks are great and getting them done in a day is epic you must be at a comfortable place in your music making journey now.

I would like to hear you make a faster tempo acid track, it's just something inside me wanting the acid lines to be faster and maybe more aggressive. Don't get me wrong everything sits fine in your tracks I'd just be interested to hear you try that. Sorry if we are experiencing de ja vu right now I think we might be. Regardless, rock on!
Thanks. :)
Besides panning some of the percussion, I think my love for excessive reverb and delays contributes a lot to the spaciousness of the mixes. Beyond those aspects, it's just a matter of experience and feel, I guess. It happens organically.

Here's my favorite from over a decade ago, back then I was writing at some higher bpms, so you might enjoy it:

I'm not planning to do anything higher than 100bpm in the near future.

Jagwah

07 Feb 2019

Melody303 wrote:
07 Feb 2019
Here's my favorite from over a decade ago, back then I was writing at some higher bpms, so you might enjoy it:

I'm not planning to do anything higher than 100bpm in the near future.
Really cool track, it has an energy / dancability I miss in the slower compositions of yours but maybe that's just down to personal preference.

So good you can bang these out so fast, I'm sure lots of us hope to be at that point some day :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2019

Did you deliberately choose to do this on a year which wasn’t a leap year because otherwise that would have been too much to cope with? :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Melody303

10 Feb 2019

Oh whoops, I forgot to post yesterday's song here: https://melodyklein.bandcamp.com/track/primo-lutum

And no MrFigg. :p You could say my new year's resolution was to write a lot more music this year than I have in any previous year, and to start it off writing one song every day till whenever. Whenever turned out to be 12 days later as I realized that was my 300th song ever written, and decided that merits a good rest.
I have a schedule of how many songs to write every month for the first half of 2019.
January: 12 (done)
February: 14 (4 of which are done)
March: 10
April: 10 (and I'm going on holiday on the 24th, so I won't have the full month)
May: 10 (returning from the holiday on the 8th)
June: 10

DrGOA®

10 Feb 2019

Good again!

Melody303

12 Feb 2019

DrGOA®

12 Feb 2019

Good one!

Melody303

13 Feb 2019

Thanks again DrGOA. :)

And here's today's song. :)
https://melodyklein.bandcamp.com/track/spoke-the-brass

DrGOA®

14 Feb 2019

Great again!

graeme75

14 Feb 2019

Loving the music and dedication. Melody do you ever upload tutorials of how you put a track together?

Melody303

14 Feb 2019

graeme75 wrote:
14 Feb 2019
Loving the music and dedication. Melody do you ever upload tutorials of how you put a track together?
No, but I thought about it after I saw Adam Fielding's streams, but I don't think my computer is powerful enough to manage livestreaming while I'm writing the songs. also, while I'm fairly fast in my songwriting, Adam still has me beat on that. He finishes those songs in like 2 hours each, whereas I take between 4-9 hours (6-7 on average) for each song.

Melody303

16 Feb 2019

DrGOA®

16 Feb 2019

Good!

Melody303

17 Feb 2019

Thanks DrGoa. :)

Here's the latest, and this one has vocals too. :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCP1IlEHbos

• Information