Rotor RE vs Revival Rotary

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2018

Just a quick question. Has anyone compared the above two Rotaries and can share their opinions on them with me? Would be much appreciated. Thanks :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

selig
RE Developer

06 Dec 2018

Do you have experience with a "real" Leslie cabinet? If not, then it probably won't matter - choose the one that sounds best to you! The bonus of Revival is you get a killer instrument too.

Personally I always thought Rotor sounded un-realistic - too much top end that's just not present on the original. Just as with guitar amps, Leslie cabinets have little energy above 5 kHz, but Rotor is pretty "full range" in this regard. Just my personal opinion…
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2018

selig wrote:
06 Dec 2018
Do you have experience with a "real" Leslie cabinet? If not, then it probably won't matter - choose the one that sounds best to you! The bonus of Revival is you get a killer instrument too.

Personally I always thought Rotor sounded un-realistic - too much top end that's just not present on the original. Just as with guitar amps, Leslie cabinets have little energy above 5 kHz, but Rotor is pretty "full range" in this regard. Just my personal opinion…
Thanks. I would be using it primarily for guitar. Been looking at it on and off for ages...I should maybe just try it to see what it offers and go from there. Been like 5 years since a tried before buying ha ha.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

turn2on
RE Developer

06 Dec 2018

You can also try Sabotage. It include rotary. And it can work as line FX, or as 3-instances under low/mid/hi bands

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2018

turn2on wrote:
06 Dec 2018
You can also try Sabotage. It include rotary. And it can work as line FX, or as 3-instances under low/mid/hi bands
Didn’t think of that. You got any patches?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

zumBeispiel

06 Dec 2018

Have you already got the Jiggery-Pokery's Advanced Rotary Speakers Combis?

http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/fxp.html

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2018

zumBeispiel wrote:
06 Dec 2018
Have you already got the Jiggery-Pokery's Advanced Rotary Speakers Combis?

http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/fxp.html
Thanks. Yes I do. Honestly though they didn’t do it for me.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Undistraction

06 Dec 2018

turn2on wrote:
06 Dec 2018
It's a nice rotary that one.

challism

07 Dec 2018

I have them both. Bought Rotor when REs were fairly new, and being a Prop fanboy, I bought the sh%t out of it. I dont ever use it, though. It's easily my least favorite Prop brand RE. It sounds muddy and just messes up my tracks. It is a fun toy, at best.

Revival, on the other hand, is AMAZING! I think it is STILL one of the most underrated instruments in the shop. It's ugly, sure, but it has so much value. You can use it as an effects device for incoming audio signals on all it's bad ass effects or you can use it as the amazing organ/synth hybrid that it is.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2018

challism wrote:
07 Dec 2018
I have them both. Bought Rotor when REs were fairly new, and being a Prop fanboy, I bought the sh%t out of it. I dont ever use it, though. It's easily my least favorite Prop brand RE. It sounds muddy and just messes up my tracks. It is a fun toy, at best.

Revival, on the other hand, is AMAZING! I think it is STILL one of the most underrated instruments in the shop. It's ugly, sure, but it has so much value. You can use it as an effects device for incoming audio signals on all it's bad ass effects or you can use it as the amazing organ/synth hybrid that it is.
Thanks for that. “Muddy” seems to be the word used to describe Rotor quite often. Hmmm...now I just don’t know.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information