ReasonTalk has reached over 5000 members, and to celebrate...

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
WongoTheSane
Moderator
Posts: 1740
Joined: 14 Sep 2015
Location: Paris, France

Post 10 Nov 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
10 Nov 2018
Do you have any experience with this synth? I don’t really ever trial Res I just get them.
I do too. As Eusti said, it's an emulation of a very old synth, so it has its character, and its process, sound design-wise (it uses "tremulance" instead of "LFO" for instance). As I love these old machines, I use it in almost every song (together with the X-705), even if it's only in the background (but often as a lead). The oscillators are additive with a twist: you define which harmonics ring, and to what extent, up to the sixteenth (a little like draw bars on organs). Among its other idiosyncrasies are separate up and down pitch bend settings, also separate per osc; a dynamic filter with auto sweep; an array of conventional effects done in an unconventional way with a lot of character; an enormous number of CV inputs on the back (90!!) as well as a wealth of settings; and, last but not least, a huge number of expertly crafted patches. And it's beautiful to look at.

Here's a recreation of Oxygen IV made with the JPS and the 310 Unique:


scratchnsnifff
Posts: 1297
Joined: 21 Sep 2016

Post 12 Nov 2018

WongoTheSane wrote:
10 Nov 2018
scratchnsnifff wrote:
10 Nov 2018
Do you have any experience with this synth? I don’t really ever trial Res I just get them.
I do too. As Eusti said, it's an emulation of a very old synth, so it has its character, and its process, sound design-wise (it uses "tremulance" instead of "LFO" for instance). As I love these old machines, I use it in almost every song (together with the X-705), even if it's only in the background (but often as a lead). The oscillators are additive with a twist: you define which harmonics ring, and to what extent, up to the sixteenth (a little like draw bars on organs). Among its other idiosyncrasies are separate up and down pitch bend settings, also separate per osc; a dynamic filter with auto sweep; an array of conventional effects done in an unconventional way with a lot of character; an enormous number of CV inputs on the back (90!!) as well as a wealth of settings; and, last but not least, a huge number of expertly crafted patches. And it's beautiful to look at.

Here's a recreation of Oxygen IV made with the JPS and the 310 Unique:

I love me some additive synthesis :)

It’s a synth concept that I wish we saw more of in Reason. I’m hoping the props take on something with the complexity of harmor or alchemy one day :)

The current selection of additive synths are still amazing though, Europa, Oberon, parsec etc are all fun, I can’t believe I overlooked this J.P. synth for a long while lol

By the way, “the acidman FX array”
Is the funniest thing iv seen in the Reason shop XD
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

mashers
Posts: 448
Joined: 05 Nov 2018

Post 13 Nov 2018

I've set this evening aside to have a fiddle with this synth ;)

mashers
Posts: 448
Joined: 05 Nov 2018

Post 13 Nov 2018

Oh my, this thing makes some really lovely sounds. The Harmonic Generator is gorgeous. It reminds me somehow of an electro band called Holy Fuck. I really love this thing already.

User avatar
TheGodOfRainbows
Posts: 455
Joined: 31 Mar 2015

Post 13 Nov 2018

mashers wrote:
13 Nov 2018
Oh my, this thing makes some really lovely sounds. The Harmonic Generator is gorgeous. It reminds me somehow of an electro band called Holy Fuck. I really love this thing already.
I wrote an album using only this synth. That's how much I like it. Congrats, and welcome to ReasonTalk!

User avatar
Karim
Posts: 824
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Italy

Post 14 Nov 2018

Congrats!!!!! :reason: :re: :essentials: :adapted: :mrgreen:
Karim Le Mec : Dj / Producer / Label Owner ( :reason: Vers 10.2 on  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.karimlemec.it/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://www.facebook.com/karimlemec
https://www.mixcloud.com/lemecdj/

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 1518
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 21 Nov 2018

Really cool guys, great community we have here, it's great to be a part of it!

Good on ya J.P.!

User avatar
Biolumin3sc3nt
Posts: 476
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 25 Nov 2018

Rock On!! ReasonTalk is alive and well

User avatar
qn5
Posts: 107
Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Location: NYC

Post 08 Jan 2019

Awesome giveaway! Congrats everyone.
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

User avatar
bitley
Posts: 1163
Joined: 03 Jul 2015
Location: sweden

Post 21 Feb 2019

If we reach 50,000 members I will give WBF R2 to the first 5 people crossing the 50,000 mark once they've posted 50 posts.

mashers
Posts: 448
Joined: 05 Nov 2018

Post 02 Jun 2019

I am still using this instrument, in almost everything. It’s so versatile. I’ve been writing two new pieces recently, and I used this device as a cheesy, tongue-in-cheek Hammond-esque organ in one, and for some ethereal wobbly pad-like stuff in another. I absolutely love this instrument and still feel really grateful for this unexpected prize :)

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2192
Joined: 23 Feb 2017

Post 02 Jun 2019

mashers wrote:
02 Jun 2019
I am still using this instrument, in almost everything. It’s so versatile. I’ve been writing two new pieces recently, and I used this device as a cheesy, tongue-in-cheek Hammond-esque organ in one, and for some ethereal wobbly pad-like stuff in another. I absolutely love this instrument and still feel really grateful for this unexpected prize :)
Glad to hear! :D
Random songs/ideas go here:

StrokerX
Posts: 24
Joined: 30 May 2017

Post 10 Aug 2019

HEEYYyyyyyy....what's a Masher? Am I a masher? How do I get the synth?

Easywork
Posts: 11
Joined: 27 Jul 2019

Post 19 Aug 2019

Hi everyone - I’m a new member, and this is my first post since joining a couple of weeks ago. Been using Reason since v2 and can’t velive I didn’t know this forum existed! Just updated to 10 and have some thoughts/experiences to share if useful. Cheers!

mashers
Posts: 448
Joined: 05 Nov 2018

Post 21 Aug 2019

StrokerX wrote:
10 Aug 2019
HEEYYyyyyyy....what's a Masher? Am I a masher? How do I get the synth?
I am one, and you can be one too. You just have to believe.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest