Does anybody know if Modecca/TeflonTomb is OK?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
QVprod

02 Oct 2018

In case no one looked that video posted in this thread was uploaded last week, Sept 27th granted though on Peter Lansford's channel. I would assume he's fine.

minilog

02 Oct 2018

Loque wrote:
27 Sep 2018
I like that sh!t. Really.
jam-s wrote:
28 Sep 2018
Top notch. :thumbs_up:
Troublemecca wrote:
29 Sep 2018
... now I really want to hear this guy's music. I take it this is satire... I hope it's satire? Teflon sticking it to the vapid establishment music? If not, this is a bit disturbing... perhaps the more endearing side of disturbing (cool remix after all)
QVprod wrote:
02 Oct 2018
In case no one looked that video posted in this thread was uploaded last week, Sept 27th granted though on Peter Lansford's channel. I would assume he's fine.
The original project below was uploaded April 17 2017. I just thought it would be funny to find a top 40 pop song at the same tempo which was later processed with a ring modulator.

Ostermilk wrote:
02 Oct 2018
Disappearing from time to time is something that his mucker Peter Lansford also has a history of.

Perhaps it creates an air of mystique.
I personally do it because I have self-destructive behavioral tendencies. There is a positive aspect to my antisocial personality in that it pushes me further down the rabbit hole which should ultimately be the goal of any artist. I just wonder what kind of black hole I would be in if I didn't have an outlet.

QVprod

02 Oct 2018

minilog wrote:
02 Oct 2018
QVprod wrote:
02 Oct 2018
The original project below was uploaded April 17 2017. I just thought it would be funny to find a top 40 pop song at the same tempo which was later processed with a ring modulator.
I guess not then. Unless you happen to know about his current status.

jam-s

02 Oct 2018

minilog wrote:
02 Oct 2018

That explains why it looked so familiar, as I watched his original session back then.

Troublemecca

02 Oct 2018

Still disrurbing. Perhaps moreso lmao. Though I gather this was the intent, so bravo.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Ostermilk

03 Oct 2018

minilog wrote:
02 Oct 2018

Ostermilk wrote:
02 Oct 2018
Disappearing from time to time is something that his mucker Peter Lansford also has a history of.

Perhaps it creates an air of mystique.
I personally do it because I have self-destructive behavioral tendencies. There is a positive aspect to my antisocial personality in that it pushes me further down the rabbit hole which should ultimately be the goal of any artist. I just wonder what kind of black hole I would be in if I didn't have an outlet.
Ah, OK.

Nice hare btw!

jappe

07 Oct 2018

jappe wrote:
19 Sep 2018
I really appreciate his work too. His creations always makes me smile and enjoy, and I got that feeling he'll end up being the Banksy of musicians.

Deleting excellent work is not a big deal: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sand_mandala

Looking forward to experiencing more of your work Modecca.
Speaking of Banksy and deleting excellent work:
https://www.news.com.au/world/going-goi ... ddca6d74ea

Still no signs from Modecca?

Ostermilk

07 Oct 2018

jappe wrote:
07 Oct 2018
jappe wrote:
19 Sep 2018
I really appreciate his work too. His creations always makes me smile and enjoy, and I got that feeling he'll end up being the Banksy of musicians.

Deleting excellent work is not a big deal: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sand_mandala

Eh?

I read the thread through and it implies to me confirmation that he's OK.

jappe

07 Oct 2018

Ostermilk wrote:
07 Oct 2018
jappe wrote:
07 Oct 2018

Eh?

I read the thread through and it implies to me confirmation that he's OK.

Good if so. I can't see anything implying confirmation though?

Ostermilk

07 Oct 2018

jappe wrote:
07 Oct 2018
Good if so. I can't see anything implying confirmation though?
I'm not usually right, but I took minilog's reply to me on the subject of disappearing from time to time as coming from someone in the know ;-)

modecca

02 Mar 2019

🔗💥

TheGodOfRainbows

02 Mar 2019

OMG. It's about time. Welcome back!!!!!! :D :o :o :mrgreen: :puf_smile: :P

Loque

02 Mar 2019

Ducktales! Uhhuhhh.... Ducktales! Uhhhuu... I like Ducktales!
Reason12, Win10

jappe

02 Mar 2019

Nice to have you back, and thank's for sharing the story behind in your special way :thumbs_up:

There's something that inspires me in the stuff you do, in the same way a painting or other art can inspire me.
My own stuff is completely different to yours, but I suspect inspiration can unlock doors in ones own brain, leading to unexpected creative consequences seemingly unrelated to the art that triggered it.
Consequences that can propagate further.
So don't underestimate the potential hidden impact, even if credit gets lost in the fog of causalities and the Views&Likes don't match the high numbers.

So thank's for the inspiration :lightbulb:

jappe

03 Mar 2019

jappe wrote:
07 Oct 2018
jappe wrote:
19 Sep 2018

... and as a funny sidenote I got a YouTube notification for this documentary that was uploaded the same day Modecca posted in this thread:

modecca

03 Mar 2019

jappe wrote:
03 Mar 2019
... and as a funny sidenote I got a YouTube notification for this documentary that was uploaded the same day Modecca posted in this thread:

I am glad you brought Banksy up, I was previously not aware of this colorful individual.
To zoom into the particulars of his art work, I like much of it, as it is a great representation of adventurous/counterculture/unusual combination, based art.
This is a good representation of his work:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (45.81 KiB) Viewed 1896 times
If zoom out and look at the big picture, what makes this dude/this scene tick?

Without knowing too much about this guy, I imagine if he was living in a worldwide peaceful utopia, he may still have a craving for the unusual.
But at what point does the unusual become usual?
Many scenes fade, because the ripe undiscovered territory is eventually explored ad nauseam.
I think the more ingredients (range) that are included in the unusual cookbook (the scenes foundation), the longer those members who have a deep-seated need to regularly experience the unusual, can endure.

That said, some will not have a strong appetite for the unusual and demand for unchanging purity. For example those interested in power, don't necessarily care about the depth's of the unknown (home of the unusual). That pursuit is often a conflict of interest to leaders (ex: prohibition of psilocybin in the USA).

Some will seek modifications to a scene that are not accepted by the whole and thus dissenting factions can form.
Some will push for so much change, that chaos results and essence becomes clouded.

So what would the an appropriate member of the scene need to do, to encourage me to participate (I know I don't even qualify due to my strong American accent)?

Transfer ownership of the scene to the US and then the US would need to legalize tagging on buildings (I dont want to go to jail ahaha).
So if you can help me convince the US legislatures to pass a bill, allowing the luxury of vandalizing US property (with positive creative intentions) while a willing person of my choosing (I nominate Jappe!), takes the fall for me and goes to jail/pay fines for my crimes, I will begin at once!

Seriously I dont think I could be convinced to join this scene or any scene for that matter, as independently exploring the depth's of the pure unknown, while maintaining sanity has always been my tendency.
🔗💥

jappe

07 Mar 2019

Yes the "unusual" in a tasteful context is what triggers me, it feels like an Inspiration Shot.
Usual aka mainstream to me is like solving a riddle while looking at the correct answer.

"But at what point does the unusual become usual?
Many scenes fade, because the ripe undiscovered territory is eventually explored ad nauseam.
I think the more ingredients (range) that are included in the unusual cookbook (the scenes foundation), the longer those members who have a deep-seated need to regularly experience the unusual, can endure."

-->Agree. I like the idea of combining ideas. The more ingredients the more uncharted territory.

Anyone aware of any good examples of let's say a poet inspiring painter work inspiring musical work?

"That said, some will not have a strong appetite for the unusual and demand for unchanging purity. For example those interested in power, don't necessarily care about the depth's of the unknown (home of the unusual). "

-->Conformism, obediance, keeps one on the safer side.
What's the potential risk, what's the potential gain,for the one interested in power. Hard to tell when there's humans involved.
Pioneers come up with something new and refreshing, power people take control and make it mainstream like trying to catch a soap bubble.
I remember the beginning of synth music eighties as a more experimental than the end.

"Some will seek modifications to a scene that are not accepted by the whole and thus dissenting factions can form."

--> Thinking of Stock Aitken Waterman.

"Some will push for so much change, that chaos results and essence becomes clouded."

--> Maybe music is a mathematical riddle, a pattern we need to detect. Mainstream: simple, known and boring to some while still a mystery to others.
Chaos: a challenging riddle to some who see patterns and meaningless to others.

"So if you can help me convince the US legislatures to pass a bill, allowing the luxury of vandalizing US property (with positive creative intentions) while a willing person of my choosing (I nominate Jappe!), takes the fall for me and goes to jail/pay fines for my crimes, I will begin at once!"

--> breaking the law doesn't have to be that destructive 🙂
And flash mob music is a vitamin pill in a nutrition-poor environment, I already shared this video in some thread:

modecca

07 Mar 2019

Jappe you did it!
I was convinced no one would be able to touch my assessment with a 10 foot pole.

🔗💥

modecca

08 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
02 Mar 2019
me too the beagle boys touched me.png
me too the beagle boys touched me.png (22.19 KiB) Viewed 1767 times
🔗💥

Loque

08 Mar 2019

modecca wrote:
08 Mar 2019
Loque wrote:
02 Mar 2019

me too the beagle boys touched me.png
Yeeaaahhh! DUCKTALES!!!! ;)
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif (462.67 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
Reason12, Win10

modecca

14 Mar 2019

jappe wrote:
07 Mar 2019
Yes the "unusual" in a tasteful context is what triggers me, it feels like an Inspiration Shot.
Usual aka mainstream to me is like solving a riddle while looking at the correct answer.

"But at what point does the unusual become usual?
I think the more ingredients (range) that are included in the unusual cookbook (the scenes foundation), the longer those members who have a deep-seated need to regularly experience the unusual, can endure."

-->Agree. I like the idea of combining ideas. The more ingredients the more uncharted territory.

Anyone aware of any good examples of let's say a poet inspiring painter work inspiring musical work?

"That said, some will not have a strong appetite for the unusual and demand for unchanging purity. For example those interested in power, don't necessarily care about the depth's of the unknown (home of the unusual). "

-->Conformism, obediance, keeps one on the safer side.
What's the potential risk, what's the potential gain,for the one interested in power. Hard to tell when there's humans involved.
Pioneers come up with something new and refreshing, power people take control and make it mainstream like trying to catch a soap bubble.
I remember the beginning of synth music eighties as a more experimental than the end.

"Some will seek modifications to a scene that are not accepted by the whole and thus dissenting factions can form."

--> Thinking of Stock Aitken Waterman.

"Some will push for so much change, that chaos results and essence becomes clouded."

--> Maybe music is a mathematical riddle, a pattern we need to detect. Mainstream: simple, known and boring to some while still a mystery to others.
Chaos: a challenging riddle to some who see patterns and meaningless to others.

"So if you can help me convince the US legislatures to pass a bill, allowing the luxury of vandalizing US property (with positive creative intentions) while a willing person of my choosing (I nominate Jappe!), takes the fall for me and goes to jail/pay fines for my crimes, I will begin at once!"

--> breaking the law doesn't have to be that destructive 🙂
And flash mob music is a vitamin pill in a nutrition-poor environment, I already shared this video in some thread:
🔗💥

TheGodOfRainbows

15 Mar 2019

Putting Spells on Your Wife was/is a classic. I sure would like to see that one uploaded again, permanently.

minilog

15 Mar 2019

Does anybody know if Modecca/TeflonTomb is OK?

:duck:

modecca

19 Mar 2019

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
15 Mar 2019
Putting Spells on Your Wife was/is a classic. I sure would like to see that one uploaded again, permanently.

🔗💥

• Information