Song information

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Safe Radiation

07 Sep 2018

When Exporting a song as an audio file, how do you put my Album cover to it, artist name Ect.
Saved as a .wav file yet has nothing attached to it saying it is mine!
Can this be set up in Reason 10, or do i have to use a third party piece of software?

Ahornberg

08 Sep 2018

I use the free Audacity https://www.audacityteam.org/ to convert my music to .flac format. Here it is possible to add additional informations to my tracks. I'm not sure if cover photos can be added too.

napynap

08 Sep 2018

Safe Radiation wrote:
07 Sep 2018
When Exporting a song as an audio file, how do you put my Album cover to it, artist name Ect.
Saved as a .wav file yet has nothing attached to it saying it is mine!
Can this be set up in Reason 10, or do i have to use a third party piece of software?
That kind of information is usually saved in a lossy format like MP3. In Reason I export to WAV then open in Adobe Audition CC which has excellent conversion to MP3 with all of those kinds of fields including album cover.
visit http://www.napynap.com to learn more about me. Thank you.

Ahornberg

08 Sep 2018

here's a howto video for mp3 and flac format

Italophile

08 Sep 2018

This information is known as "metadata tags" and it cannot be added from Reason.
Metadata on a WAV file isn't as widely supported as the tags used in other music file formats such as mp3 or flac.

If you want to add tags to your WAV file you'll need to use third party software. I don't know if Audacity can add tags to a WAV file but it might. If not just google "wav file metadata editor".

Ahornberg

08 Sep 2018

Italophile wrote:
08 Sep 2018
This information is known as "metadata tags" and it cannot be added from Reason.
Metadata on a WAV file isn't as widely supported as the tags used in other music file formats such as mp3 or flac.

If you want to add tags to your WAV file you'll need to use third party software. I don't know if Audacity can add tags to a WAV file but it might. If not just google "wav file metadata editor".
Yes, Audacity can add metadata as text to .wav files but no pictures.

• Information