Kuassa Amplifikation Caliburn is in The Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Proboscis

04 Sep 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
04 Sep 2019
I’m always waiting for Reason to do more for guitarists and I want Caliburn and Matchlock so bad!
That's a fair call. But consider this. Since Kuassa seem to be the only developers giving love to guitarists on the Reason platform, maybe buying their rack extensions gives them thought to keep adding / porting their plugins. I have no idea what the affiliate commission is on products they sell through the shop are, but I imagine they would get the highest % cut of the sale.

And in case you don't know, they are 1/2 off right now !

At this very moment I am practicing scales with Matchlock, ran through blamsoft's take on the classic TS-9 Ibanez tube screamer pedal, and it sounds really incredible. So I'm torn between that and Caliburn, the latter of which I think would suit my taste better. I suppose I could trial their VST to remind me of how it sounds.

boingy

05 Sep 2019

The best guitar stuff is not to be had within the RE ecosystem. You need to step into the VST world to find them. Most have free cut-down versions or demos.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
05 Sep 2019
The best guitar stuff is not to be had within the RE ecosystem. You need to step into the VST world to find them. Most have free cut-down versions or demos.
Do you have any Amplitude stuff? How well does it work in Reason?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

boingy

05 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
05 Sep 2019
boingy wrote:
05 Sep 2019
If you mean IK's "Amplitube" it's rock sold and pretty good. I'm still on version 3 but V4 is now out and has a free version with a few amps and effects included. I think you can use it to trial anything else from the "shop". Whether it's my favourite depends on what day it is!

I also use Guitar Rig and Overloud and sometimes the Waves stuff. I tend to force myself to use something different each time. I've got an old version of the Line6 Pod stuff but I don't really use that and I rarely use the Softube REs.

As ever, I have too much choice!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
05 Sep 2019
MrFigg wrote:
05 Sep 2019

If you mean IK's "Amplitube" it's rock sold and pretty good. I'm still on version 3 but V4 is now out and has a free version with a few amps and effects included. I think you can use it to trial anything else from the "shop". Whether it's my favourite depends on what day it is!

I also use Guitar Rig and Overloud and sometimes the Waves stuff. I tend to force myself to use something different each time. I've got an old version of the Line6 Pod stuff but I don't really use that and I rarely use the Softube REs.

Thanks. Yeah. I’ve got Pod Farm Platinum but don’t even have it installed any more. Was wondering about Amplitude because IK have a Group Buy deal on just now and at the moment it’s 9 for the price of one. I’ve got all the Kuassa stuff but GAS is getting me good and there appears to be some pretty good Amplitude packs...the Orange one for example grabbed my eye. And I think the Jimi Hendrix one includes a load of FX pedals too...uni-vibe. Any more info you can give me about them and how they work in Reason. Do they plug-in direct like a normal VST or do I need that free Amplitude host? I wrote and asked them but they were pretty vague. Thanks if you can help me out.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

gullum

05 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
04 Sep 2019
It's been a year since Caliburn's release - what are people's opinion of this amp sim, for those that are using it regularly ? I'm probably going to buy it over weekend since there's a Kuassa sale on right now. I did trial it at the time, but didn't have a chance to give it much time. From memory it had a much richer, warmer tone than Vermillion & Creme - which I already own.
it is absolutely amazing IMO I use it for rock and heavy guitars then Matchlock for the cleaner sounds. Caliburn is capable of clean sounds I just like Matchlock better for that

I use Caliburn and Matchlock in this the bass uses Cerberus amp

boingy

05 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
05 Sep 2019
boingy wrote:
05 Sep 2019

Thanks. Yeah. I’ve got Pod Farm Platinum but don’t even have it installed any more. Was wondering about Amplitude because IK have a Group Buy deal on just now and at the moment it’s 9 for the price of one. I’ve got all the Kuassa stuff but GAS is getting me good and there appears to be some pretty good Amplitude packs...the Orange one for example grabbed my eye. And I think the Jimi Hendrix one includes a load of FX pedals too...uni-vibe. Any more info you can give me about them and how they work in Reason. Do they plug-in direct like a normal VST or do I need that free Amplitude host? I wrote and asked them but they were pretty vague. Thanks if you can help me out.
Amplitube 3 is a single VST plugin. You just add it to an audio track then inside it you select all the various amps, cabs, FX etc. It also comes as a standalone prog but I've never really used that except to see what it does. It would make sense if you were playing live I guess (although a guitarist with a laptop might not do much for the rock god image!) I assume V4 is the same but try the free version.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
05 Sep 2019
MrFigg wrote:
05 Sep 2019

Amplitube 3 is a single VST plugin. You just add it to an audio track then inside it you select all the various amps, cabs, FX etc. It also comes as a standalone prog but I've never really used that except to see what it does. It would make sense if you were playing live I guess (although a guitarist with a laptop might not do much for the rock god image!) I assume V4 is the same but try the free version.
Thanks. Just checked it out. Amplitude Custom Shop is free and acts as a VST host in any DAW for all their other amp packs. There’s a Lesley standalone VST and also an Amplitude Lesley collection and I’m finding it hard to see the difference. I wrote them a couple of times but their answers are pretty vague. The group deal is soon up to 10 products for the price of one so I’m getting more and more tempted. Stupid sale fever hitting me hard again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

boingy

06 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
06 Sep 2019
Stupid sale fever hitting me hard again.
I could tell you to stop but it wouldn't make any difference and, besides, you enjoy it. If you can afford it, go for it!

Proboscis

06 Sep 2019

Well I jumped on to this sale, and bought Caliburn. It's great to have something with this tone straight out of the box.

• Information