Anyone Sequencing Korg Volcas With Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ionly

15 Aug 2018

Hi,
Just curious if any of you are sequencing the Volca range with Reason and how you would rate it. I've got the Sample, Kick, FM and Keys and ready to blow some cash on an Arturia Beatstep Pro (I'm looking into a PC-less, portable setup for jams/live use as well) . I've just picked up an iConnect MIDI 4+ today at a bargain (used) price and I'm considering what the options are for MIDI routing, etc.
Cheers

OverneathTheSkyBridg

15 Aug 2018

I've sequenced my Volca Sample with Reason, and built a custom combinator that had a Kong with 10 gate outputs to 10 EMIs to trigger each sound. I also have the System 9 sequencer which feeds into the gate inputs on the Kong. So I can use that or play it with my MIDI controller. Pretty fun!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

jimmyklane

15 Aug 2018

Not the Volca, but I DO sequence the Korg Mootribe using Reason.

Most of the tie what I'll do is to record one of the audio "clicks" into the NNXT and then trim the sample so that it is simply the very first impulse and then repeat it at 8th note intervals....the cool part about this is that you can play around with the rhythms you're using simply by moving from 8ths to 16th, to staggered beats, etc. as long as it returns to zero at some 4-8-16 bar pattern then you're golden!
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

demt

16 Aug 2018

Yeah I've got 4 volcas tfp pro Roland tb3 Kaos pad(witch I'm having problems finding in reason)and a zaquencer running through a midiplus 8 interface the tfp pro can also plug instantaneously into most of reasons instruments .I am a bit stuck on finding a user friendly sequencer in reason and tend to use tfp pro sand the zaquencer
The volcas I've got sent the keys the bass the beats and the FM
I run the audio through a pair of alto zmx,s and a Beringer sound card but I hope to get a tascam audio 20 in its been
It's been a huge learning curve witch left mé spending a lot more time per track and a lot less. stress and though I still use reason I take my time
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information