Kuassa Mod FX

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
BRIGGS

13 Jul 2018

After buying the fuzz :puf_bigsmile: ...I've been trialing all four mod fx. I have to say, I'm impressed with the sound quality. :shock:

Just the chorus on a Subtractor doing some sine sub bass with mod enveloped FM, is ear candy!

I'm thinking of comparing the Kuassa chorus with reason's built-in half rack chorus.

Anyone have a similar expirience?
Buy Bitcoin!!!

R10 :reason: Lenovo T420 Windows 10

http://soundcloud.com/jbriggs

sublunar

14 Jul 2018

They do seem to be the best single effects in Reason most resembling good guitar effect boxes.

My only gripe is the price. They have a bundle.. but it's not even a discount to the regular prices. So why bundle em? As a cheap/broke musician, I can't justify spending that much on the same effects I have in physical form. So I'll save the cash and just commit the effects to tape if that's the case. But for the convenience ITB factor, I'd be all over them at roughly half the regular price.

wireless

14 Jul 2018

BRIGGS wrote:
13 Jul 2018
I'm thinking of comparing the Kuassa chorus with reason's built-in half rack chorus.
Hya BRIGGS. Well I just bought the Chorus and it was the Kuassa demonstration videos that sold it. I'm happy with it - it's a sweet sound and of course it can be used on instruments other than guitar. Of course you can download it on trial - I would always recommend that anyway.

For your info, here's what I bought so far, and I'm very happy with these.
Kuassa devices.PNG
Kuassa devices.PNG (58.81 KiB) Viewed 117 times
Having said that, I do get the impression that Kuassa has a great marketing approach and the temptation is to keep buying more stuff until all your spendolas are gone.

Other options for me are
1) Guitar Rig 5, which I love!
2) Midi Guitar 2 from JAM, which is stupendous as it allows a 'standard' audio jack from the guitar to be lonked to any of your VST instruments. Midi Guitar 2 works best as a standalone programme (optionally VST) and just bringing in the audio to Reason (i.e. no midi editing is then possible). If you use hacks like LoopBe or LoopMidi then yes, you can bring in the midi, but that seems to incur additional latency which might be a major issue for you.....

guitfnky

14 Jul 2018

wireless wrote:
14 Jul 2018
BRIGGS wrote:
13 Jul 2018
2) Midi Guitar 2 from JAM, which is stupendous as it allows a 'standard' audio jack from the guitar to be lonked to any of your VST instruments. Midi Guitar 2 works best as a standalone programme (optionally VST) and just bringing in the audio to Reason (i.e. no midi editing is then possible). If you use hacks like LoopBe or LoopMidi then yes, you can bring in the midi, but that seems to incur additional latency which might be a major issue for you.....
I do this, and haven’t noticed any obvious latency, using the same buffer settings as in Reason. using an i7, at least, it works really nicely for me. such an amazing plugin. 😬

• Information