(Retrowave) SIDEWINDER - Using Only The Subtractor

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
hurricane

14 Jun 2018

This is for my friends short film, specifically for the credits, where he has the credits running against an animated Outrun-like video game, only the car transforms into a fighter jet and flies off into the sky, kind of like the way the jet flies in the Afterburner video game. Who knows if it will ever be released, but here's my track for it:

Oh - all synth parts are Subtractor. No other synths used. :puf_smile:

miscend

14 Jun 2018

I really enjoyed this, sounds simultaneously like both an 80's TV show intro (think Streethawk) and a hifi remake of a classic Sega arcade game soundtrack. Sorry I cant offer much in form of constructive criticism.

hurricane

14 Jun 2018

miscend wrote:
14 Jun 2018
I really enjoyed this, sounds simultaneously like both an 80's TV show intro (think Streethawk) and a hifi remake of a classic Sega arcade game soundtrack. Sorry I cant offer much in form of constructive criticism.
Thanks for listening - you got what I was going for. :thumbs_up:

Klaus—Morlock

14 Jun 2018

This is fantastic. Great development, very clear mixing, and you make the Sub sound like a million bucks. Top, top track, man,

hurricane

14 Jun 2018

Klaus—Morlock wrote:
14 Jun 2018
This is fantastic. Great development, very clear mixing, and you make the Sub sound like a million bucks. Top, top track, man,
Ooh, thanks - cuz I think I suck at mixing, lol.

EnochLight

17 Jun 2018

hurricane wrote:
14 Jun 2018
This is for my friends short film, specifically for the credits, where he has the credits running against an animated Outrun-like video game, only the car transforms into a fighter jet and flies off into the sky, kind of like the way the jet flies in the Afterburner video game. Who knows if it will ever be released, but here's my track for it:

Oh - all synth parts are Subtractor. No other synths used. :puf_smile:

Hahah - oh man - this is awesome! It literally drips the 80's. Nice work, man! If I close my eyes, I can hear this over the end credits of a dozen movies from the 80's, as well as a dozen different cartoons aimed at teens in the 80's. Spot on, man.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10 |  Studio One 3.5| Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel i7 3770k Quad-Core @ 4.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD | RME babyface Pro| Nektar Panorama P-4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro

dberndt7

18 Jun 2018

Love this! You nailed the 80's tv vibe!

Noplan

18 Jun 2018

Nice. But it needs more cowbell! :)

hurricane

18 Jun 2018

Noplan wrote:
18 Jun 2018
Nice. But it needs more cowbell! :)
LOL!

I was listening to this in my car Saturday night, and I noticed the cowbell was a bit too prominent. And I giggled furiously as I pictured this:

cowbell.png
cowbell.png (352.2 KiB) Viewed 127 times

hurricane

18 Jun 2018

EnochLight wrote:
17 Jun 2018

Hahah - oh man - this is awesome! It literally drips the 80's. Nice work, man! If I close my eyes, I can hear this over the end credits of a dozen movies from the 80's, as well as a dozen different cartoons aimed at teens in the 80's. Spot on, man.
Thanks! - I was unfortunately too young to appreciate the music in the 80s. I do remember watching Thundercats, Transformers, Voltron, Silverhawks, Spectreman, Tranzor-Z and every single 80s Ninja movie though. Good times...

kuhliloach

18 Jun 2018

• Information