CV Player Tap, free from Lectric Panda

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
ljekio
Posts: 585
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 16 May 2018

Loque wrote:
15 May 2018
One site note: MoPol seems to have a problem with retriggering gates so i took "Polymodular System CV Breakout Box" for Poly-CV conversions.
I am dunno about polymodular system functional what have some REs, but as example MoPol very well collect mono cv into standard pseudo polyphonic CV and I created with MoPol adapter for CV drummachines into one CV/Gate pair without problem.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4459
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 16 May 2018

ljekio wrote:
16 May 2018
Loque wrote:
15 May 2018
One site note: MoPol seems to have a problem with retriggering gates so i took "Polymodular System CV Breakout Box" for Poly-CV conversions.
I am dunno about polymodular system functional what have some REs, but as example MoPol very well collect mono cv into standard pseudo polyphonic CV and I created with MoPol adapter for CV drummachines into one CV/Gate pair without problem.
Holding notes and then adding notes does not retrigger the gate for the new notes. The CV Breakout Box does the same, but works in my case.
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
ljekio
Posts: 585
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 16 May 2018

Loque wrote:
16 May 2018
Holding notes and then adding notes does not retrigger the gate for the new notes.
You tried all outputs (A, B, C) for it?
If all of my drums was triggered then MoPol triggered it?

lakinlakin
Posts: 110
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Location: Scotland

Post 16 May 2018

Hi,
I use this with Korde and like to put multiple sequences into a single pattern lane (usually 3 or 4)
Trouble is I can't figure out a way to 'solo/mute' a sequence like I can in Propulsion.
I wonder if anyone knows a way to isolate a single Korde sequence?
Thanks

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4459
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 16 May 2018

ljekio wrote:
16 May 2018
Loque wrote:
16 May 2018
Holding notes and then adding notes does not retrigger the gate for the new notes.
You tried all outputs (A, B, C) for it?
If all of my drums was triggered then MoPol triggered it?
No, i tried only A. But the weird thing was, that C was blinking too on gates.
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
abeonis
Posts: 84
Joined: 06 Nov 2015
Location: Spain-France

Post 16 May 2018

Well, I tried to download the CVPT from Props store but I am required to upgrade my Reason version first. So I must stay with the workaround Sending notes to track in Reason 9. I use it with the ABL3 and Step Note Recorder.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4459
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 16 May 2018

Here is a lil example of a Subtractor that plays itself endlessly pretty random. A few more (free) CV devices required to spread moooarrrr CV... Enjoy!

Please note, it plays endlessly, but you can control the gates from Lolth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
Catblack
Posts: 756
Joined: 15 Apr 2016

Post 16 May 2018

Loque wrote:
16 May 2018
Here is a lil example of a Subtractor that plays itself endlessly pretty random. A few more (free) CV devices required to spread moooarrrr CV... Enjoy!

Please note, it plays endlessly, but you can control the gates from Lolth.
I threw some other subtractor patches at it (which changed the LFO) and got some fun sounds out of it.

Your sound design is excellent!
Do you sing like Olive Oyl on purpose? You guys must be into the Eurythmics.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4459
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 17 May 2018

Catblack wrote:
16 May 2018
Loque wrote:
16 May 2018
Here is a lil example of a Subtractor that plays itself endlessly pretty random. A few more (free) CV devices required to spread moooarrrr CV... Enjoy!

Please note, it plays endlessly, but you can control the gates from Lolth.
I threw some other subtractor patches at it (which changed the LFO) and got some fun sounds out of it.

Your sound design is excellent!
ty. Yes, i guess this is just a basic setup. Now a lot more stuff is possible with cv->notes and notes->cv.
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 537
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 18 May 2018

I created a vid for Tap player flow,it's just some random experimentation, not a real tut or nothing overly complicated.
Really nice, thnx Panda!

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 537
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 18 May 2018

Loque wrote:
16 May 2018
Here is a lil example of a Subtractor that plays itself endlessly pretty random. A few more (free) CV devices required to spread moooarrrr CV... Enjoy!

Please note, it plays endlessly, but you can control the gates from Lolth.
Soo good!!! Tnx Loque!!

Here's my patch from the vid, try it while trialling Kompulsion, also Propulsion is at 9$, :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
LECTRIC KONG TAPCHAIN.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4459
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 18 May 2018

Re8et wrote:
18 May 2018
I created a vid for Tap player flow,it's just some random experimentation, not a real tut or nothing overly complicated.
Really nice, thnx Panda!
Cool stuff!
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
artmessiah
Posts: 10
Joined: 22 Apr 2017
Location: Virginia Beach

Post 18 May 2018

Thanks Lectric Panda 😃

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2248
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 18 May 2018

Loque wrote:
16 May 2018
Here is a lil example of a Subtractor that plays itself endlessly pretty random. A few more (free) CV devices required to spread moooarrrr CV... Enjoy!

Please note, it plays endlessly, but you can control the gates from Lolth.
Quite sweet.... :thumbs_up:

Attached is a CV tap chain. The point of this chain is you can just drag and drop the Taps onto other Combinators or devices to create quick layers, ideally linking 2 or more combinators together.

The RPG-8 is there so if you join combinators you can also link up the mod and pitch bend wheels.
Capture.JPG
CV tap.zip
PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
ljekio
Posts: 585
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 18 May 2018

A lot of different applications for inputs.
But what about the outputs?
I have not figured it out.
Not for drummachines, that's for sure.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4459
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 19 May 2018

ljekio wrote:
18 May 2018
A lot of different applications for inputs.
But what about the outputs?
I have not figured it out.
Not for drummachines, that's for sure.
You can play a bunch of synths with individual chords within one combination, trigger airmail synths, drums or whatever, play parts of a cord with different instruments...
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
ljekio
Posts: 585
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 19 May 2018

only for poly spread for same type instruments, as i thought.
but maybe there is yet another things?

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4459
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 19 May 2018

ljekio wrote:
19 May 2018
only for poly spread for same type instruments, as i thought.
but maybe there is yet another things?
Grab a chord and send it to an EQ like Seligs or Rob Papens... Be creative...
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
ljekio
Posts: 585
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 19 May 2018

CVPT works with Inputs like MIDI-CV Converter from Soundlove (and have double more channels), but Outputs ...
It's impossible to use it for percussion, unlike MIDI-CV Converter.
But I still don't buy the MIDI-CV Converter Player. :)
It's slightly overpriced for me.

User avatar
Catblack
Posts: 756
Joined: 15 Apr 2016

Post 19 May 2018

ljekio wrote:
19 May 2018
CVPT works with Inputs like MIDI-CV Converter from Soundlove (and have double more channels), but Outputs ...
It's impossible to use it for percussion, unlike MIDI-CV Converter.
But I still don't buy the MIDI-CV Converter Player. :)
It's slightly overpriced for me.
I agree with everything you say here. I do like that there a variety of options, and that while there is overlap in the two devices, there is far more you can do with Soundlove's than you can with CV Player Tap. Though you can get by with the free one quite well!
Do you sing like Olive Oyl on purpose? You guys must be into the Eurythmics.

User avatar
rcbuse
Posts: 831
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: SR388

Post 19 May 2018

This device really had two basic goals:

Allow the older Lectric Panda CV devices access to the player stream via the inputs. Input gates are fixed to Kong and Redrum mappings.
Allow chaining/cloning of the player streams using the outputs and inputs.

I really didn't want to step on the toes of current and future players from other developers with this device, considering its free. That feature list is probably where this device is going to end. I'm sure there will be many more devices to come with all kinds of splitting and CV allocation options.


User avatar
rcbuse
Posts: 831
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: SR388

Post 19 May 2018

Not a problem at all. I appreciate all the thanks and feedback from everyone!

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 1223
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the new york

Post 19 May 2018

Lectric Panda for president
Selig for special prosecutor
Mattias for Michael Cohen

no offence, I have nothing but love for the "Reason sound" and it's discontents.
Sometimes a cigar is just a synth that's on fire

User avatar
theshoemaker
Posts: 575
Joined: 21 Nov 2015
Location: Germany

Post 23 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
19 May 2018
This device really had two basic goals:

Allow the older Lectric Panda CV devices access to the player stream via the inputs. Input gates are fixed to Kong and Redrum mappings.
Allow chaining/cloning of the player streams using the outputs and inputs.

I really didn't want to step on the toes of current and future players from other developers with this device, considering its free. That feature list is probably where this device is going to end. I'm sure there will be many more devices to come with all kinds of splitting and CV allocation options.
It's just perfect for all of your current lineup and other utils. I wish there would be an option to add a device as player directly, like the PSQ.
Really a joy to connect PSQ to CVPT
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V10 on MacOS Sierra

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Adabler, antic604, buddard, cocovscarlos and 3 guests