Noise Engineering's 3x RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
Trefor
Posts: 107
Joined: 28 Jan 2015

Post 17 May 2018

Sounds really cool but isn't it possible to do most of what they do using a Thor with a Matrix attached?

User avatar
NoiseEng
Posts: 18
Joined: 17 May 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post 17 May 2018

Hi everyone! I stopped in to say hello and thank you for such a remarkably warm welcome to the Reason Universe! We're happy to be here, and we can't wait to see what people do with this first batch that we've put together.

We do indeed hope to keep the REs coming if there is interest, so this has been encouraging. Thanks to everyone who has downloaded and/or purchased the REs! We appreciate your support!

User avatar
Libraquaricorn
Posts: 294
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 May 2018

SPAM ALERT

Here's a recording of my first jam with the Noise Engineering Synth bundle, using no other synths than the three (poly)synths in the bundle.






....I really miss Windows Movie Maker....

User avatar
fieldframe
Posts: 596
Joined: 19 Apr 2016

Post 17 May 2018

NoiseEng wrote:
17 May 2018
Hi everyone! I stopped in to say hello and thank you for such a remarkably warm welcome to the Reason Universe! We're happy to be here, and we can't wait to see what people do with this first batch that we've put together.

We do indeed hope to keep the REs coming if there is interest, so this has been encouraging. Thanks to everyone who has downloaded and/or purchased the REs! We appreciate your support!
Welcome! I think your products have really captured the imagination of the folks here with their unconventional approach to synthesis and approachable interfaces.

What drew you guys to Rack Extensions? Now that Reason has had VST support for awhile, do you see modular makers like yourselves as uniquely positioned for Reason's environment versus traditional plugin developers?
Professional Rack Extension user interface design
Pongasoft CVA-7 | ReSpire layout concept

New album Built Environments out now!

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1352
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 18 May 2018

fieldframe wrote:
17 May 2018
What drew you guys to Rack Extensions?
Interesting page up on the Noise Engineering website;

https://www.noiseengineering.us/blog/20 ... -your-rack

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1352
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 18 May 2018

Libraquaricorn wrote:
17 May 2018
SPAM ALERT

Here's a recording of my first jam with the Noise Engineering Synth bundle, using no other synths than the three (poly)synths in the bundle.



....I really miss Windows Movie Maker....
That's bloody awesome. Nice demo of what these things can do. Wide range of sounds.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4200
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 18 May 2018

I am wondering when the first one will chime in and complains about that they are only mono? :-D
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1397
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post 18 May 2018

Libraquaricorn wrote:
17 May 2018
SPAM ALERT

Here's a recording of my first jam with the Noise Engineering Synth bundle, using no other synths than the three (poly)synths in the bundle.






....I really miss Windows Movie Maker....
AWESOME! Are you a Squarepusher fan by any chance? :)
Reason 10 // Bitwig 2 // Live 10 @ Surface Pro 4 i7 8/256GB
My music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
supersplaron
Posts: 53
Joined: 15 Jan 2016

Post 18 May 2018

Libraquaricorn wrote:
17 May 2018
SPAM ALERT

Here's a recording of my first jam with the Noise Engineering Synth bundle, using no other synths than the three (poly)synths in the bundle.






....I really miss Windows Movie Maker....
This is awesome! Good work!

lakinlakin
Posts: 109
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Location: Scotland

Post 18 May 2018

Loque wrote:
18 May 2018
I am wondering when the first one will chime in and complains about that they are only mono? :-D
I hadn't even noticed. Shows how much fun they are.

User avatar
geronimo
Posts: 327
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: France

Post 18 May 2018

As in reality _

CR68
Posts: 71
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 18 May 2018

wow this re´s are so f****ing great!!!! pls bring us more from this!!!

User avatar
Libraquaricorn
Posts: 294
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 18 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
18 May 2018
Libraquaricorn wrote:
17 May 2018
SPAM ALERT

Here's a recording of my first jam with the Noise Engineering Synth bundle, using no other synths than the three (poly)synths in the bundle.






....I really miss Windows Movie Maker....
AWESOME! Are you a Squarepusher fan by any chance? :)
Thank you! I like Squarepusher, but I must admit that I'm more an Autechre fanboy, actually :puf_smile:

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4200
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 18 May 2018

You guys read here?
https://www.noiseengineering.us/
Our first journey into software products came about because of a Twitter conversation of all things. Mattias Haagstrom is one of our many fans who reach out to us to discuss our products. He also happens to be the Product Director for Reason. He suggested that our products would be a good fit for the Reason Extension marketplace. At this point :exclamation: we weren’t even aware that Reason supported extensions :exclamation:
Guess we should thank Matthias that they got it doen to get some new Companys on board!
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
NoiseEng
Posts: 18
Joined: 17 May 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post 18 May 2018

fieldframe wrote:
17 May 2018

Welcome! I think your products have really captured the imagination of the folks here with their unconventional approach to synthesis and approachable interfaces.

What drew you guys to Rack Extensions? Now that Reason has had VST support for awhile, do you see modular makers like yourselves as uniquely positioned for Reason's environment versus traditional plugin developers?
Thanks! We had a lot of users really telling us they wanted an in-the-box version of our products to travel with. We were pondering this when Mattias approached us. Reason/Rack Extensions was such an obvious first step for us (Noise Engineering is only two of us, with no full-time programmer, so things don't happen overnight here).

We would definitely love to see more modular in the space. The products themselves obviously lend themselves well specifically to the Reason environment. Most of our products are also so code-intensive that the port to software was really not that hard once we had a user interface. There was a great video that a user put up the other day comparing the hardware Manis Iteritas to the RE and he could not tell the difference. Modules that are entirely analog to start with will be a bit more work to bring into the software world, of course.

Working with the people at PH has been a great experience, though, and then the beta testers and the folks here at Reason Talk. We're so happy that this is where we landed for our first foray into software! A tremendous thank you to everyone who has helped us.

Breach The Sky
Posts: 149
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 18 May 2018

I love the raw sound these devices can produce! I only wish that Loquelic Iteritas Percido could sustain. The non-Percido version seems to be able to do that, according to videos I've seen. I want to be able to have long bass drones and such, you know?
Last edited by Breach The Sky on 18 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4200
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 18 May 2018

Breach The Sky wrote:
18 May 2018
I love the raw sound these devices can produce! I only wish that Loquelic Iteritas Percido could sustain. The non-Percido version seems to be able to do that, according to videos I seen. I want to be able to have long bass drones and such, you know?
Yea, i missed the sustain too on those devices. But you can connect an envelope to the "Time" CV which can help to have more control, but in the end its like increasing/automating the "Time" parameter.
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

Undistraction
Posts: 171
Joined: 11 May 2018

Post 18 May 2018

NoiseEng wrote:
18 May 2018
fieldframe wrote:
17 May 2018

Welcome! I think your products have really captured the imagination of the folks here with their unconventional approach to synthesis and approachable interfaces.

What drew you guys to Rack Extensions? Now that Reason has had VST support for awhile, do you see modular makers like yourselves as uniquely positioned for Reason's environment versus traditional plugin developers?
Thanks! We had a lot of users really telling us they wanted an in-the-box version of our products to travel with. We were pondering this when Mattias approached us. Reason/Rack Extensions was such an obvious first step for us (Noise Engineering is only two of us, with no full-time programmer, so things don't happen overnight here).

We would definitely love to see more modular in the space. The products themselves obviously lend themselves well specifically to the Reason environment. Most of our products are also so code-intensive that the port to software was really not that hard once we had a user interface. There was a great video that a user put up the other day comparing the hardware Manis Iteritas to the RE and he could not tell the difference. Modules that are entirely analog to start with will be a bit more work to bring into the software world, of course.

Working with the people at PH has been a great experience, though, and then the beta testers and the folks here at Reason Talk. We're so happy that this is where we landed for our first foray into software! A tremendous thank you to everyone who has helped us.
Well it's bloody great to have you on board the Reason train. Your take on REs - small, focussed and idiosyncratic are exactly what we need more of. It often feels like the RE culture has been to cram in as many features as possible which is actually often a creativity killer.

I hope we'll see a lot more from you in the near future.

User avatar
NoiseEng
Posts: 18
Joined: 17 May 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post 18 May 2018

Loque wrote:
18 May 2018
Breach The Sky wrote:
18 May 2018
I love the raw sound these devices can produce! I only wish that Loquelic Iteritas Percido could sustain. The non-Percido version seems to be able to do that, according to videos I seen. I want to be able to have long bass drones and such, you know?
Yea, i missed the sustain too on those devices. But you can connect an envelope to the "Time" CV which can help to have more control, but in the end its like increasing/automating the "Time" parameter.
Indeed. We actually talked about this feature early on, but using the version in the original LI didn't work on the RE platform (it was definitely not what you were looking for). The sustain you really wanted would have been an entire code revision, which with our first venture here we drew a line at in order to get them out into the world before, say, 2020 (again, because it's just the two of us). Fwiw, hardware Percido can do this if it's set to free run mode, where it approximates the Loquelic Iteritas (the first version of the module we put out without the envelope on it). But again, once we popped it into the Reason version, it was just not quite a good fit.

@ Undistraction: it's been such a pleasure, and people have been so largely supportive. We have a lot of hardware planned for the rest of this year, but I do expect we'll be doing more! Hint: Synth Bundle 1 suggests there may be a 2 someday... :D

Here's the big question I put forward to you (realizing I'm opening myself up to abuse here): Is there anything in our existing hardware lineup that people would like to see in Reason Rack Extensions? Why?

Breach The Sky
Posts: 149
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 18 May 2018

NoiseEng wrote:
18 May 2018

Indeed. We actually talked about this feature early on, but using the version in the original LI didn't work on the RE platform (it was definitely not what you were looking for). The sustain you really wanted would have been an entire code revision, which with our first venture here we drew a line at in order to get them out into the world before, say, 2020 (again, because it's just the two of us). Fwiw, hardware Percido can do this if it's set to free run mode, where it approximates the Loquelic Iteritas (the first version of the module we put out without the envelope on it). But again, once we popped it into the Reason version, it was just not quite a good fit.

Here's the big question I put forward to you (realizing I'm opening myself up to abuse here): Is there anything in our existing hardware lineup that people would like to see in Reason Rack Extensions? Why?
Gotcha. You can kinda make a drone by smearing 8th notes, or something like that, with longer envelopes settings, delay, reverb etc. :puf_smile:

Well I looked trough your lineup and for me the sound generating stuff is more interesting (I don't use that much CV, to be honest). How about Cursus Iteritas? The "dynamic wavetable" thing reminds me off a certain Propellerhead synth.

User avatar
geronimo
Posts: 327
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: France

Post 18 May 2018

NoiseEng wrote:
18 May 2018


Here's the big question I put forward to you (realizing I'm opening myself up to abuse here): Is there anything in our existing hardware lineup that people would like to see in Reason Rack Extensions? Why?
If you are happy of welcome by the REASON community , know that we are also happy to discuss with an editor. It's therefore reciprocal.

For a continuation in Bundle 1, why not a set of your various sources of rhythm & gate generators .
I don't have any device in the Eurorack format at home but when I look at your catalog, I find things interesting, without really having.
So a second Bundle dedicated to utilities after the sound generators: by example, Variatic Erumption, Zularic Repetitor, Tonnetz sequent or Numeric Repetitor .
Obviously, I don't know if this can be translated in Rack Extension format and there are also many Utilities already present in REASON.
My 2 cents _ :puf_smile:

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4200
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 19 May 2018

Hum... Some more generators as Players could be interesting... I am thinking since a few days if PSQ can be translated to a Player or does this makes sense... Ofc with all CV ins and outs too
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 1810
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

Post 19 May 2018

Undistraction wrote:
18 May 2018

It often feels like the RE culture has been to cram in as many features as possible which is actually often a creativity killer.

Hmm, I have to disagree with you here. eXpanse is probably the most feature packed synth in Reason and it does everything really well(As long as you know what you're doing) and is the absolute opposite of a creativity killer.

These Noise Engineering devices are more playful and cater to people who just want to tweak knobs and get good results right off the bat without having to think about it.

There are a few other devices in the shop that are one trick ponies as well. Megasaur comes to mind!
whoahh

Last edited by aeox on 24 May 2018, edited too many times in total.

Undistraction
Posts: 171
Joined: 11 May 2018

Post 19 May 2018

aeox wrote:
19 May 2018
Undistraction wrote:
18 May 2018

It often feels like the RE culture has been to cram in as many features as possible which is actually often a creativity killer.

Hmm, I have to disagree with you here. eXpanse is probably the most feature packed synth in Reason and it does everything really well(As long as you know what you're doing) and is the absolute opposite of a creativity killer.

These Noise Engineering devices are more playful and cater to people who just want to tweak knobs and get good results right off the bat without having to think about it.

There are a few other devices in the shop that are one trick ponies as well. Megasaur comes to mind!
Each to their own I guess. I think expanse is a great synth, but I've definitely had more fun playing with these three than I've ever had with expanse. I also find it really helpful to have a synth that has a sound, so I can head there when I need that sound, rather than heading for a synth that can make any sound and getting lost in creating it. That's not to say I don't make my own sounds - I barely use presets at all - but a synth with a distinctive character is way more attractive to me that one that does it all. I actually find myself using Kilhearts' synth loads recently - it's really limited but I know where the edges are and that makes me way more productive.

Tbh I do think calling these 'one trick ponies' is a little silly when they are capable of such a great palette of sounds.

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1352
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 19 May 2018

Undistraction wrote:
19 May 2018
Tbh I do think calling these 'one trick ponies' is a little silly when they are capable of such a great palette of sounds.
It’s a ridiculous statement. These are more focussed devices of course. But this doesn’t mean they are Limited in their sonic abilities. They are capable of a broad sonic palette with the controls available. Just check out Libraquaricorn’s demo track to hear what these are capable of.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: childofsaturn, KirkMarkarian, Proximic [Bot] and 0 guests