PinkNoise Studio 15th Anniversary Luna Song Challenge

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
tiker01

15 Mar 2018

Thank you for all the great songs you have submitted! It was really hard to decide who should win and get the perks.

Without further ado here are the winners of the PinkNoise Studio 15th Anniversary Luna Song Challenge:

1st: DNGmaestro https://soundcloud.com/andrewoneaware/a ... ynthesizer
2nd: Nornec https://youtu.be/JE8vzwPYkRw
3rd: dberndt7 https://soundcloud.com/david-berndt-94567556/rideshare

PinkNoise Studio and ReasonTalk are happy to announce the details of the PinkNoise Studio 15th Anniversary Luna Song Challenge.

luna-song-challenge-banner.png
luna-song-challenge-banner.png (737.72 KiB) Viewed 90748 times

PinkNoise Shop Page: https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... e%20Studio

Prize list Disclaimer

By submitting their entry to the competition, all participants agree to grant non-exclusive rights for their contribution (or an excerpt from it) to be presented by PinkNoise Studio on their website, SoundCloud and Propellerhead Shop page, towards the promotion of Luna Dual Performance Synth (with due credits, of course). If you do not agree with this rule, please do not participate! Moreover, by submitting a song to the competition, participants express that all sounds and samples used in their song have been cleared.

Rules
  • Luna has to be the centerpiece of your tune
  • All synth sounds must come from Luna
  • Duration: your song must be at least 2 minutes
  • All songs have to be original (i.e. no remixes or covers)
  • Only 3 winners with no cash alternative
  • Only one entry per participant
  • Song challenge begins 15th of March, 2018
  • Song challenge ends 2nd of April, 2018 @ 11:59 pm Stockholm time
  • To submit your song, simply post a link to it (Soundcloud, Allihoopa, YouTube…) in this thread (no submission form this time)
  • All entrants, when requested, must be prepared to provide evidence that the rules have been adhered to. This includes providing the Reason song file to verify that only Luna was used for synth sounds
  • Judges’ decision is final
What you are ALLOWED to use in your song (with copyright permission where applicable):
  • Luna for all synth sounds
  • Limited instrument recordings such as guitar, drums.
  • Effects: any native Reason, Rack Extension or VST (including FX which are part of another synth)
  • Utility devices: native Reason or Rack Extension
  • Any Drum-only and Vocal-only samples from Reason’s Soundbanks
  • Samples created via Luna (keep the original track as proof)
  • Recorded vocals
What you CANNOT use in your song:
  • Any synth that is not Luna (including Combinators featuring Luna that include any other synth as sound source)
  • No hardware synths
  • No programs outside of Reason
  • No copyrighted material
Submission

Your song must be submitted by posting a link to it in this thread before closing time.
After submitting your song you should not alter its URL anymore (altering privacy of songs on SoundCloud breaks the links compatibility).

We encourage participants to use #Luna, #PinkNoiseStudio and #ReasonTalk tags when uploading entries to SoundCloud or Allihoopa.

When sharing their entries on social media, if you feel so, tag @PinkNoise.Studio on Facebook, #PinkNoiseStudio (Twitter, Instagram) and @Reasontalk or #Reasontalk.

The Judges

PinkNoise Studio

Propellerhead Shop page
https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... e%20Studio

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/PinkNoise.Studio/

Website
http://www.pinknoisestudio.com/

The ReasonTalk team

Staff members of PinkNoise Studio, Reasonbanks and ReasonTalk aren't allowed to participate in this competition.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Loque

15 Mar 2018

Nice. Good i kept my trial for the right moment. And congratulations for 15(!) years!
Last edited by Loque on 15 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Reason12, Win10

RobC

15 Mar 2018

Hungary ~ de kicsi a világ... (Eh, forum rules: I said what a small world.)

...and it's a Hungarian company, too! Small country, high quality.

"A magyarok istenére." Happy March 15th, too by the way!

MikeMcKew

15 Mar 2018

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. :) This'll be a fun one!

Noise
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2018

my trial says noooo.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

jayhosking

15 Mar 2018

Awesome. I've really been wanting to hear what this synth is capable of. And that's a killer first and second prize!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2018

Not that it matters to me personally, because this synth wasn't for me.
But it's pretty bad timing putting the song challenge together now considering it was released in late january. A lot of people have probably already used up their trials.

Bes
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2018

so i'm not going to trial new products when they come out anymore?
it is a shame i cant participate in this event but good luck to everyone who can!

Luna is a fabulous looking and sounding product. congrats on 15years PinkNoise i look forward to your future releases
- Certified Reason expert

Loque

15 Mar 2018

Bes wrote:
15 Mar 2018
so i'm not going to trial new products when they come out anymore?
it is a shame i cant participate in this event but good luck to everyone who can!

Luna is a fabulous looking and sounding product. congrats on 15years PinkNoise i look forward to your future releases
You still can or didn't bought the fabulous product?
Reason12, Win10

Bes
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2018

lol i dont buy every fabulous product loque but i do enjoy entering these sound comps.
i may indeed buy it in the future and would recommend it to others
- Certified Reason expert

tiker01

16 Mar 2018

We are really sorry that some of you are not able to enter as you have used your licences. Normally we do do the challenges upon release but we cannot roll back time. We hope this song challenge gives a chance to most of you and helps to thank to PinkNoise Studio for the hard work that has been done for Reason users in the last 15 years.

So if you have tried it, liked it, just buy it! ;)

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.

Loque

17 Mar 2018

Hum...just checked if the post viewtopic.php?f=47&t=7505999&p=382451&h ... gy#p382451 was right, and yes, reopening the song or patch and settings are lost. The sound is good, but I wait for a fix.
Reason12, Win10

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

18 Mar 2018

Yes, this bug occurs in the 1.0.3 version. Previous versions work fine.
It'll be fixed asap.
Andras
----------------
I am the voice of PinkNoise

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

19 Mar 2018

The fix is uploaded, now we're waiting for the acceptance test.
In the meantime: please don't download the 1.0.3 version, wait for the 1.0.4 update!

Andras
Andras
----------------

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

19 Mar 2018

Luna 1.0.4 is out.
Andras
----------------

tiker01

19 Mar 2018

AndrasHaasz wrote:
19 Mar 2018
Luna 1.0.4 is out.
Patch initialisation bug, fixed!!! So, lets dive in this song challenge!!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

eusti

19 Mar 2018

Ok. Thanks, Andras, for fixing this so quickly!

I guess, I'll go first then... ;)

D.

Wickline

19 Mar 2018

Got another bug. 4 synths in a combi and they all have an error and are disabled when I try to bounce or export audio. This is with was before the latest update and is still an issue after the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

20 Mar 2018

Wickline wrote:
19 Mar 2018
Got another bug. 4 synths in a combi and they all have an error and are disabled when I try to bounce or export audio. This is with was before the latest update and is still an issue after the update.
Hi Wickline,

Thanks for reporting it, but unfortunately this is not telling me anything.
Which error, what happened before Reason disabled them?
Can you induce it again, save that project file and send it for checking?

Andras
Andras
----------------

Wickline

20 Mar 2018

AndrasHaasz wrote:
Wickline wrote:
19 Mar 2018
Hi Wickline,

Thanks for reporting it, but unfortunately this is not telling me anything.
Which error, what happened before Reason disabled them?
Can you induce it again, save that project file and send it for checking?

Andras
Yes I’ve been able to reproduce it every time. The devices playback fine. It happens when I try to export or bounce the track. Then I have to close and reopen reason to get them to play again. Here’s a song file that I have tested it with.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5pq6n1z186t ... eason?dl=0

The pop up error doesn’t give much info. But it shows the exact same popup 4 times, once for each Luna instance in the combi.

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

21 Mar 2018

Wickline wrote:
20 Mar 2018

Yes I’ve been able to reproduce it every time. The devices playback fine. It happens when I try to export or bounce the track. Then I have to close and reopen reason to get them to play again. Here’s a song file that I have tested it with.
This is mystic! I checked everything, but couldn't find any reason for this error... saved the cmb patch and opened it in a new project: same error. Something is wrong in the combi patch, but I can't figure out, what's the problem :(

So, finally I re-built your cmb, re-loaded the "SixOSc Lead" patch in all four Luna devices, and modified them according to your settings (fine detune, 5-8-10-14, reverb off, delay off, pans centre), and voila: problem disappeared! :O

Here is the patch, please replace the cmb in your song file, and let me know the result.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14g2GK ... x44tAQdkgS

Andras
Andras
----------------

Wickline

21 Mar 2018

AndrasHaasz wrote:
Wickline wrote:
20 Mar 2018

This is mystic! I checked everything, but couldn't find any reason for this error... saved the cmb patch and opened it in a new project: same error. Something is wrong in the combi patch, but I can't figure out, what's the problem :(

So, finally I re-built your cmb, re-loaded the "SixOSc Lead" patch in all four Luna devices, and modified them according to your settings (fine detune, 5-8-10-14, reverb off, delay off, pans centre), and voila: problem disappeared! :O

Here is the patch, please replace the cmb in your song file, and let me know the result.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14g2GK ... x44tAQdkgS

Andras
Thanks for that but still not working. The patch you made wasn’t 1 to 1, unfortunately. Diff envelop settings and a diff waveform for osc A. When I copy the patch settings to new Lunas it happens again. Pulled them out of the combi and put them each on separate tracks and still getting the error. It plays back fine so Used them as recording sources to manually bounce them.

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

21 Mar 2018

Wickline wrote:
21 Mar 2018

Thanks for that but still not working. The patch you made wasn’t 1 to 1, unfortunately. Diff envelop settings and a diff waveform for osc A. When I copy the patch settings to new Lunas it happens again. Pulled them out of the combi and put them each on separate tracks and still getting the error. It plays back fine so Used them as recording sources to manually bounce them.
This is weird. I tried to copy the Luna patches as well... the first in the rack was OK. But from the second the same error occured... something went wrong, and this error is inherited in the patch (?!)

OK, I rebuilt your patch starting from the scratch, step by step. Now it sounds the same to me. Please try it:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VdQo2 ... rSBdxzmFGX

It works fine on my system.

I have no idea, what's this problem, anyway :-/

Andras
Andras
----------------

Loque

21 Mar 2018

AndrasHaasz wrote:
21 Mar 2018
Wickline wrote:
21 Mar 2018

This is weird. I tried to copy the Luna patches as well... the first in the rack was OK. But from the second the same error occured... something went wrong, and this error is inherited in the patch (?!)

OK, I rebuilt your patch starting from the scratch, step by step. Now it sounds the same to me. Please try it:

Andras
You could try a diff on the patches. Maybe there is something odd from a previous version.
Reason12, Win10

Wickline

21 Mar 2018

Loque wrote:
21 Mar 2018
AndrasHaasz wrote:
21 Mar 2018

Andras
You could try a diff on the patches. Maybe there is something odd from a previous version.
That is a possibility. It was doing it before the upgrade but I had the bugged version initially. So maybe something from the bugged version is jumping over on copy/paste? I'm not a programmer so that's a very uneducated guess from me.

• Information