Fielding SoundWorks - Europa Relay

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
adfielding

01 Nov 2017

Following on from working on the Europa factory sound-bank and composing various pieces for Reason 10's launch, I'm incredibly happy to announce the first ReFill release from Fielding SoundWorks - Europa Relay, the world's first third-party ReFill dedicated exclusively to Europa!

Europa Relay is a huge cinematic ReFill for Reason’s Europa synthesiser.

Relay consists of 150 patches, with a focus on stunning ambient textures, atmospheric pads, deep chords, massive bass, rhythmic sequences, and expressive keys.

Following on from working on the Europa factory sound-bank, Relay was built with the idea of pushing Europa’s strengths as a versatile, highly modulatable sound source. The patches contained sound richly detailed, and are also designed to be quickly usable in a real-world composition & production environment. Whether you’re looking to give your productions a slick cinematic flair, or whether you’re after an eclectic sound-bank to use as a complete palette of sounds, Relay is for you.

Relay was inspired by a multitude of expressive electronic music and cinematic scores. Deep Boards Of Canada-twinged chords, hugely detailed Steve Roach-esque soundscapes, and aggressive electronic bass drones a’ la Mick Gordon’s Doom soundtrack complement an impressive array of keys, sequences, and synth leads to provide you with a well-rounded, versatile sonic palette.

All of the patches contained in Relay are designed to sound great out of the box and in the mix, and include full mod-wheel mappings in every patch. Two demo project files are also included alongside the ReFill.

Relay requires Propellerhead Software’s Reason 10 to use. A small selection of free sounds is available from the Fielding SoundWorks site, so please feel free to try these to get a feel for the sound-set itself.

Europa Relay is available now for £24.95.

esselfortium

01 Nov 2017

Congratulations on the release! This is a fantastic sounding set.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

adfielding

01 Nov 2017

esselfortium wrote:
01 Nov 2017
Awesome, glad you like it! Thanks :D

craven

01 Nov 2017

sounds amazing, Adam! Congrats on the release. Very nice website as well.
:ugeek:

selig
RE Developer

01 Nov 2017

Downloading now - love your work with Massive, can't wait to see what you've come up with for Europa!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

ReasonTalk

02 Nov 2017

Yesterday, Adam Fielding released the first third-party ReFill dedicated to Europa: Fielding SoundWorks - Europa Relay

Inspired by "a multitude of expressive electronic music and cinematic scores", Europa Relay consists of 150 patches with a focus on, among other things, ambient textures, atmospheric pads and massive bass. When you know the quality that Adam Fielding is usually synonymous for and listen to a demo made using only patches from Europa Relay, you know you're in for a treat!

Read the article here!

adfielding

02 Nov 2017

esselfortium wrote:
01 Nov 2017
Thanks a lot! It was really great to work on, after working on a couple of VST sound-banks there was something nice and homely about coming back to work on something directly in Reason :)
craven wrote:
01 Nov 2017
sounds amazing, Adam! Congrats on the release. Very nice website as well.
Thank you very much! :D
selig wrote:
01 Nov 2017
Downloading now - love your work with Massive, can't wait to see what you've come up with for Europa!
:)
Awesome, thanks a lot! Hope you enjoy the patches :)

TheGodOfRainbows

02 Nov 2017

It sounds so modern and cinematic. Very well done, and I like the 'box art' graphic design.

adfielding

03 Nov 2017

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
02 Nov 2017
It sounds so modern and cinematic. Very well done, and I like the 'box art' graphic design.
Thanks! I'm glad you like it :)

adfielding

05 Nov 2017

I decided to put together a short(ish) video detailing the thinking behind one of the ambient patches called "Windwave".

This covers things like how the different engines produce different elements of the sound, how the harmonics section can alter the timbre of an engine, and other fun stuff like that.

Windwave is available in the free demo ReFill, available on the Fielding SoundWorks site.

edit: Europa Relay is now available via the Nucleus SoundLab store! :)

PurpleMonkeyDishes

05 Nov 2017

Never have i seen a developer comment on his own posts so much to keep them at the top of the list, it was funny at first.... but then......
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

adfielding

05 Nov 2017

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:
05 Nov 2017
Never have i seen a developer comment on his own posts so much to keep them at the top of the list, it was funny at first.... but then......
I'm sorry you feel that way - looking over the thread now, the only post from myself which isn't a direct reply to someone else is to mention a video (that's directly related to the ReFill) and that it's now available via NSL. I like to reply to comments :)

sleep1979

05 Mar 2019

adfielding wrote:
05 Nov 2017
05 Nov 2017
I'm sorry you feel that way - looking over the thread now, the only post from myself which isn't a direct reply to someone else is to mention a video (that's directly related to the ReFill) and that it's now available via NSL. I like to reply to comments :)
Yeah whats wrong with replying to comments? Nothing , but i wish u would have done videos showing off the patches , like sonic underworld and the unfinished do because i kind of feel like its taking a gamble as the free sounds i like a couple and i dont like a couple

sleep1979

05 Mar 2019

adfielding wrote:
05 Nov 2017
05 Nov 2017
adam i bought it today on propellerhead , and am a bit disappointed tbh , i was hoping for better keys and pads , see this is why patch designers should always have video demos because the free demo patches were of course some of the best ones in the whole pack , oh well no refunds ill get a use out of it i guess, tbh saudade , catacombs and wanting are the three patches i like , i was hoping for more soft keys like that maybe some warm pads small update please adam ? some more nice keys and warm pads ? uh? pretty please with cherry on top ,

adfielding

05 Mar 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
05 Mar 2019
adfielding wrote:
05 Nov 2017

adam i bought it today on propellerhead , and am a bit disappointed tbh , i was hoping for better keys and pads , see this is why patch designers should always have video demos because the free demo patches were of course some of the best ones in the whole pack , oh well no refunds ill get a use out of it i guess, tbh saudade , catacombs and wanting are the three patches i like , i was hoping for more soft keys like that maybe some warm pads small update please adam ? some more nice keys and warm pads ? uh? pretty please with cherry on top ,
I'm sorry to hear you feel that way - it's always a bit of a balancing act to create a sound-bank that caters for all tastes, and while I appreciate your preference for the softer key patches I'd say that it's more of a multi-genre sound-bank. For what it's worth, the AMB patches can make for wonderful soft pads with some very minor amp env tweaks and filtering.

That said, I totally take on board what you're saying about providing more individual patch examples - perhaps I should be clearer in explaining what exactly is in each pack, and while I think the demo songs do a good job of showing off the kind of results you can get in a real-world setting it certainly couldn't hurt to show the patches off individually.

Thanks for the feedback :)

sleep1979

05 Mar 2019

adfielding wrote:
05 Mar 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
05 Mar 2019

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way - it's always a bit of a balancing act to create a sound-bank that caters for all tastes, and while I appreciate your preference for the softer key patches I'd say that it's more of a multi-genre sound-bank. For what it's worth, the AMB patches can make for wonderful soft pads with some very minor amp env tweaks and filtering.

That said, I totally take on board what you're saying about providing more individual patch examples - perhaps I should be clearer in explaining what exactly is in each pack, and while I think the demo songs do a good job of showing off the kind of results you can get in a real-world setting it certainly couldn't hurt to show the patches off individually.

dont get me wrong ive heard some of you stuff before its great refills patches and music , i was just hoping for some luftrum type ambient warm soft pads and some soft keys ill try what you said about the amb and i got a few key patches i like , like i said its hit and miss with soundpacks and i dont think demo songs help as they can be midleading , but videos definitely the way to go the unfinished does them and sonic underworld and u can see patch by patch , i just kinda went on your reputation here and bought it , and quite a lot of it aint for me tbh i was hoping for softer ambient and melodic keys , but i will get some use out of it , and i'm sure it will be a lot of peoples bag thanks adam , ps : the patches i have i purchased on reason compact ie from you and others how do i get them into reason ? i dont really use the app anymore cheers

sleep1979

05 Mar 2019

adfielding wrote:
05 Mar 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
05 Mar 2019

saudade is such a beautiful patch , could you just update it with twenty more patches similar hahah lol thanks man

• Information