MIDI Routing

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
DonnieAlan

22 Sep 2017

Another feature I'd like to see in Reason is easier MIDI routing. I'd like to see MIDI Out/IN ports on the back of all the VI's, FX and players, and then be able to use MIDI cables like audio cables to route things via MIDI. This could come in handy in a number of ways.

djsmex

23 Sep 2017

Perhaps a MIDI rooting player? This player could include features like root specific MIDI channels out through CVs or merge MIDI channels, even multiple keyboard splits for each MIDI channel. This may give the flexibility you are after on any RE/VST.

Mucrafta

12 Sep 2018

In midi out u can choose midi port. Why not choose vst racks. So you can use midi out as an miditrack. That would be great.
I hope this come.

Sry for bad english

selig
RE Developer

12 Sep 2018

Folks have been asking for this since the beginning of Reason, if just because they gave us CV jacks and Audio jacks, so obviously why not MIDI jacks.

I mention this history because while folks have been asking for MIDI all along, there has never been any indication (and plenty of opportunities) this will ever happen. I think that ship has sailed at this point.

Luckily, I can now do almost the same thing with the Midi-CV Converter Player and PolyCV, so I’m done holding my breath waiting for MIDI jacks/cables in Reason and now enjoying routing note data around freely.

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

ljekio

12 Sep 2018

selig wrote:
12 Sep 2018
Folks have been asking for this since the beginning of Reason, if just because they gave us CV jacks and Audio jacks, so obviously why not MIDI jacks.
PH not extended yet potential of base MIDI router ontop of Reason since 1 version - advanced midi panel.

nscerri

25 Sep 2018

selig wrote:Folks have been asking for this since the beginning of Reason, if just because they gave us CV jacks and Audio jacks, so obviously why not MIDI jacks.

I mention this history because while folks have been asking for MIDI all along, there has never been any indication (and plenty of opportunities) this will ever happen. I think that ship has sailed at this point.

Luckily, I can now do almost the same thing with the Midi-CV Converter Player and PolyCV, so I’m done holding my breath waiting for MIDI jacks/cables in Reason and now enjoying routing note data around freely.

Unfortunately performance data is not passed through such as Sustain, Pitchbend....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

selig
RE Developer

25 Sep 2018

nscerri wrote:
selig wrote:Folks have been asking for this since the beginning of Reason, if just because they gave us CV jacks and Audio jacks, so obviously why not MIDI jacks.

Unfortunately performance data is not passed through such as Sustain, Pitchbend....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Yes, that is still a big concern for me, and other developers wanting to take Players to the next level. Hopefully our voices have been heard…
:)

Selig Audio, LLC

devilfish

24 Jan 2019

Route the clock to all available Midi Buses... !!!!!!!!

No Clock on all Midi_Outputs, NO MONEY!! I can wait !!!!

Re8et
Competition Winner

26 Jan 2019

devilfish wrote:
24 Jan 2019
Route the clock to all available Midi Buses... !!!!!!!!

Make the master host clock binnable to any given internal clock generator... that would make my day...
FYI, neither vcv or Reaktor or any other DAW out there got this..

selig
RE Developer

26 Jan 2019

devilfish wrote:Route the clock to all available Midi Buses... !!!!!!!!

I just ran into this limitation recently when adding hardware to my setup. The current limitation of sending clock out to only ONE output is extremely limiting IMO.

Also, would LOVE to be able to assign MIDI input to multiple destinations based on channel (hope I described this clearly). This would allow me to use my MIDI controller to address multiple instruments in the rack the same way I address multiple hardware instruments in my setup. Switching tracks is OK, but I can’t name those instruments in the controller or stack/split them as I can with hardware.

Selig Audio, LLC

Resonator

26 Jan 2019

selig wrote:
26 Jan 2019
devilfish wrote:Route the clock to all available Midi Buses... !!!!!!!!

I just ran into this limitation recently when adding hardware to my setup. The current limitation of sending clock out to only ONE output is extremely limiting IMO.

Also, would LOVE to be able to assign MIDI input to multiple destinations based on channel (hope I described this clearly). This would allow me to use my MIDI controller to address multiple instruments in the rack the same way I address multiple hardware instruments in my setup. Switching tracks is OK, but I can’t name those instruments in the controller or stack/split them as I can with hardware.

I ran into that when Reason 7 was released and I’m annoyed that it’s still a limitation in R10. I’m also disappointed about not being able to record while in slave mode. Most DAWs have these features in 2019. So I’m considering either Reaper or Logic for my hardware.

demt

27 Jan 2019

does this mean i carnt attach a matrix to a neutron whilst attaching a matrix to a volca fm
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

devilfish

07 Feb 2019

Hopefully it‘s available in Reason Version 11 ??

No Midi Update.. No Money !! :D

frm5993

16 Mar 2019

yes! midi routing! this is what i at first though ext midi instr could do. it would be so helpful. use different controllers with different instruments live...

the plugs i guess would just look like pronged midi jacks.

ljekio

17 Mar 2019

devilfish wrote:
07 Feb 2019
Hopefully it‘s available in Reason Version 11 ??

No Midi Update.. No Money !! :D
So be it!
:)

selig
RE Developer

17 Mar 2019

Resonator wrote:
I’m also disappointed about not being able to record while in slave mode. Most DAWs have these features in 2019. So I’m considering either Reaper or Logic for my hardware.
You CAN record in slave mode, you just have to hit “record” after playback begins. Not ideal but works for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Jackjackdaw

17 Mar 2019

No one gave a crap about hardware when Reason v1 came out DAWs were the future. Now everyone is buying hardware again. Loads of cool affordable devices available. Reason could play great with this stuff but its surprisingly rooted in the box. Gotta keep up with the times!

• Information