Reveal Sound ReSpire in the shop x $59 !!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chk071

09 May 2017

O1B wrote:Ill try the synth when it's working properly.
I mean, There are bugs.... and, then there's this $59 "bargain"
I'll wait. Sorry, you didn't. But, I'm sure you have 'no regrets, and would do it again.'

'Enemy behind every corner.....'. Remove to the tin foil hat, my good man.
chk071 wrote:No idea what you mean. But if you don't like no-brainers, your loss. :P Maybe you want to chime in here instead, and believe the enemy is behind every corner: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7500540
How is a avoiding a broken, mistuned synth a loss? You must make interesting music.
What i don't get is why you think i wanted to "mug" someone. That's everything. I just happen to like the synth, very much. I have no idea how the RE is though. I only know the VST. Claiming i wanted to "mug" someone is sort of like saying i am a shill. Believe me, i am not. $59 is such a no-brainer price for this synth, that i just wanted to express that not getting it for that price is crazy, because it surely will be much more expensive aftert he introduction. It's $189 for the VST. Just saying.
:reason: :rebirth:

miscend

09 May 2017

Anyone heard when this thing may be back in the shop?

EnochLight

09 May 2017

miscend wrote:Anyone heard when this thing may be back in the shop?
Well hopefully not too long from now. They didn't have me agree to an NDA of any sort, so I'll just mention that the current test build they finally sent me is running rock solid and seems to have addressed many of the initial issues that plagued the version that hit the shop.

That said, the statement "hopefully not too long" generally means "I have no freak'n clue" in this case. :redface:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

aeox
Competition Winner

09 May 2017

i'm still using the "broken" build *shrugs* works fine

miscend

09 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
miscend wrote:Anyone heard when this thing may be back in the shop?
Well hopefully not too long from now. They didn't have me agree to an NDA of any sort, so I'll just mention that the current test build they finally sent me is running rock solid and seems to have addressed many of the initial issues that plagued the version that hit the shop.

That said, the statement "hopefully not too long" generally means "I have no freak'n clue" in this case. :redface:
Can you make sure they address the concerns about the modulation menus and the CV stuff.

firejan82

09 May 2017

I have spent about 2 hours with the VST demo and now my Reason rack won't feel complete until I get the RE.

EnochLight

09 May 2017

miscend wrote:Can you make sure they address the concerns about the modulation menus and the CV stuff.
Absolutely, though they may consider those "feature requests" as opposed to "must-fix bugs in order to release in the shop". But I will absolutely go to bat for ya'all! ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Iggster

09 May 2017

Well I hope they re-release again with a few of these features missing! That way we can hopefully get the discounted $59 price!

If we push our luck and ask for the all singing and dancing Rolls Royce version we may ende up paying top dollar on release and then there'll be even more complaints!... We're never happy lol!

(I'd like to think they'd stay true to their word and keep the intro price until end of May which is what they said on Facebook!).

EnochLight

09 May 2017

Iggster wrote:(I'd like to think they'd stay true to their word and keep the intro price until end of May which is what they said on Facebook!).
I hope they finish fixing enough bugs to release it before the end of May! ;)

Iggster

09 May 2017

It'll kill me if I have to wait until then!... I had things on this weekend so didn't even get the trial downloaded never mind bought it!

O1B

09 May 2017

It's all good, Dude. I just saw the
'buy or you're a "****"' and felt I should retort. You do get that rushing to buy something completely broken can't be very helpful? - unless youre an antique collector.

This was a very surreal release.
chk071 wrote:
O1B wrote:Ill try the synth when it's working properly.
I mean, There are bugs.... and, then there's this $59 "bargain"
I'll wait. Sorry, you didn't. But, I'm sure you have 'no regrets, and would do it again.'

'Enemy behind every corner.....'. Remove to the tin foil hat, my good man.
chk071 wrote:No idea what you mean. But if you don't like no-brainers, your loss. :P Maybe you want to chime in here instead, and believe the enemy is behind every corner: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7500540
How is a avoiding a broken, mistuned synth a loss? You must make interesting music.
What i don't get is why you think i wanted to "mug" someone. That's everything. I just happen to like the synth, very much. I have no idea how the RE is though. I only know the VST. Claiming i wanted to "mug" someone is sort of like saying i am a shill. Believe me, i am not. $59 is such a no-brainer price for this synth, that i just wanted to express that not getting it for that price is crazy, because it surely will be much more expensive aftert he introduction. It's $189 for the VST. Just saying.
Last edited by O1B on 09 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

reveal_sound
RE Developer

09 May 2017

Hi All from RS dev team,

we use SDK 2.2.0_35 and test ReSpire under 8.2. Because of some limitaions in SDK some lists are not so user friendly as we want, be migration to the next version will require Reson 9. So, we try to implement all VST GUI functionality using SDK 2.2.0 capabilities.
Currently we are working on CPU usage optimisation and adding more CV sockets.
Because of some critical issue, found after announcing, we were removed from Reason store, but we hope version with fixes will appear soon!

EnochLight

09 May 2017

reveal_sound wrote:Hi All from RS dev team,

we use SDK 2.2.0_35 and test ReSpire under 8.2. Because of some limitaions in SDK some lists are not so user friendly as we want, be migration to the next version will require Reson 9. So, we try to implement all VST GUI functionality using SDK 2.2.0 capabilities.
Because of some critical issue, found after announcing, we were removed from Reason store, but we hope version with fixes will appear soon!
Greeting RS dev team,

Thanks for chiming in to your official thread! ;) Good to know Spire RE was made on SDK 2.2.0_35, but strongly suggest you consider moving to SDK 2.5 (in the future) to utilize nested menus and a variety of other improvements (including changeable panels). It might be helpful to know that (according to forum polls) 75% of users are on Reason 9.x these days, so making this for Reason 7.x-8.x users doesn't have many advantages, IMHO (especially seeing as how 9.5 may convince more to upgrade to 9 anyway). Just a thought!

Source: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7499417
Last edited by EnochLight on 09 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

sdst
Competition Winner

09 May 2017

we are working on CPU usage optimisation and adding more CV sockets.

Take your time, Mr. reveal_sound

there is no doubt that this synth will be a a must have RE

I still try the preview version and it sounds great

O1B

09 May 2017

Sounds good to me. Definitely looking forward to trying it.

gullum

09 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
Greeting RS dev team,
It might be helpful to know that (according to forum polls) 75% of users are on Reason 9.x these days, so making this for Reason 7.x-8.x users doesn't have many advantages,
then again some % of that have not upgraded because of lack of money and therefore wont be buying RE's that cost around the same as an upgrade :question:

tiker01

09 May 2017

Welcome on Reasontalk!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

XysteR

09 May 2017

Keep up the awesome work Reveal Sound! You're doing a stellar job! SDK 2.5 is definitely the way to go! Thanks for getting Spire into Reason

stratatonic

10 May 2017

selig wrote:
stratatonic wrote:
selig wrote:
ReasonUser wrote:I thought the props have a meticulous approval process?

Perhaps more than one company dropped the ball here...
If the Props had a magic bug fixer, they would be using it for sure. But all they can check for is to be sure you're following the rules they set. :)
I'm sure that I have read posts from devs saying that they submitted their device and were now waiting for approval by Propellerhead. Don't they do a real world check of product before launch? The ReSpire muckup sounds like it could have been detected by the Props secretary in the front office.
Doesn't anyone have the time to run through a few probable scenarios that users would likely be doing? It's not like there are a couple hundred devices launched each day! A couple a week at most.

But they simply cannot run a beta test for a month on every device before releasing it ...
...- there's often a wait in the approval process as it is, and I'm not sure anyone here is ready to advocate for a LONGER approval process for ALL REs just to catch the occasional bad bug that escapes a developer.
:)
Ok, but in this case, problems were discovered in minutes by forum members and the RE was pulled in a couple of hours. That's what I mean about doing a run through doing common things. They have standards to uphold. It just looks bad. It could have easily been avoided.

Dante

14 May 2017

Torn between waiting for Spire or buying Expanse whilst its on sale. I guess that means if Spire doesn't come back up in the shop by May 20 then Ill go for Expanse.

tobypearce

14 May 2017

I own the VST version but would like to get the RE version, not least to show continued support for the RE format, and for Reason itself.
I hope the sale price continues once the fixed version arrives back in the shop.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Kalm

14 May 2017

Hello Reveal Sound, my only GUI implementation I would like is that dark theme, maybe even by the 2.5 SDK update.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

Ostermilk

14 May 2017

[Deleted by a moderator]

chk071

14 May 2017

[Deleted by a moderator]
:reason: :rebirth:

Kenni
Site Admin

14 May 2017

I'm not sure if some people subscribe to specific topics because there's content in them that they know can turn into an argument where they can cut corners on personal attacks or trolling by wrapping it in eloquence. One thing's for sure though: People are NOT following the line we're trying to draw around this nice community of ours.

It doesn't matter who "starts it" or what words are used. It's all about your intentions. Think about it.

Our moderators spend a considerable amount of time making this a nice place to be. It just seems that some of you just don't give a crap, so here's a little word of advice, because we've just about had it:

You read something. You read it on a website. On the internet. It's all bits and bytes presented by text, on a screen of your choice. If you read something that triggers you enough to fuel a reply like what we've seen lately, go outside. Go outside and look at people, trees, the sky. Stare intensely at the Sun while you're at it. That way you'll stay off the net for a weeks time until you can actually see what's on your screen again.

Our rules will be undergoing a change so our moderators can do what they should be doing more freely: Moderate. Given the coming of VST's and the (current) influx of new users, expect the rules to be more strict. You can go to KVR for your trolling and flaming needs.

Besides, this is the biggest freaking contradiction I've ever read here on ReasonTalk:
Just because people don't believe in your dumb "shills and reps will invade these forums" crap doesn't mean they're trolling. You're a real charmer BTW. Are you also like that in private, or are you just an a-hole and big mouth on the net?
Ungrateful, entitled trolls.

Locked.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

• Information