Where is Reason Patch Collection.RFL ???

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
thghgv

17 Mar 2017

I have been attempting to implement Reason 9.2.2 for some time now, but what with authorization failures and the fact that my media machine is not on the internet Phead is making it extremely difficult to get this thing to work. I now have a USB key with a valid license on it for authorization that "seems" to work although now the fresh install of Reason 9.2.2 is requiring a "download" of something called REASON PATCH COLLECTION.RFL from some internet source. As I mentioned above my production machine is NOT connected to the internet and for good measure which makes this "download" an impossibility. Dealing with Phead 'tech support' is a frkkin nightmare of stupidity and miscommunication to the point of me having to ask on this third party forum what the hell this refill is and where to get it. If whatever this is was included with the installation package all would be jolly, but reason will not even load with out this thing whatever it is... I have already verified that the factory sound banks are present and where they are supposed to be on the system and are there from what came with the Reason 9.2.2 downloadable package. So this 'REASON PATCH COLLECTION.RFL' thing is something else entirely and is a BLOCKING ISSUE to running reason at all.

Any clues, or anyone have this problem and worked thru it? Cludges, hacks, back-doors? I'll take anything that works at this point.

tiker01

17 Mar 2017

Get the installer with sound banks. BTW it is in the system requirements section that you need internet connection.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

thghgv

17 Mar 2017

tiker01 wrote:Get the installer with sound banks. BTW it is in the system requirements section that you need internet connection.
I have the install package pulled from the PHead site. There were no "other" selections to make there regarding different "installers". The Factory sound banks are present and accounted for in the place on the system that they specify, verified. Have no idea what the "installer w/sounds banks" means.

I have the Ignition key which I was told, was supposed to alleviate the need for a WAN connection. If this thing REQUIRES that an internet connection be maintained on a production machine then I will gladly drop this pile of bits back in their lap, get my money back, and continue to use my older version of Reason that is 32 bit, but at least doesn't strongarm a user into compromising the integrity of production machines with a WAN connection.

tiker01

18 Mar 2017

I think it wants to download the Reason 9 refill. I think the best you can do is to contact PH on twitter.

If you are happy to put in more time and have a secondary computer maybe we can figure it out together.

BTW for urgent stuff I recommend our live chat!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

centomila

18 Mar 2017

What happen if you manually copy all the Reason folders from another PC?

C:\Program Files\Propellerhead
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead

• Information