Combinator 2 with Built In Mixer

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Creativemind

08 Oct 2016

Hi All!

I just thought of a good idea.

People have asked for years for a Combi 2 with 16 Rotary's and Buttons and such like. Something popped into my head though. Every time you want to use more than one or more synths in a combi, you have to add a Line 6:2 or 14:2 mixer to it.

Wouldn't it be a good idea if the combi (in a Combinator 2 update) had a built in mixer for such a job?

It could be hidden (and when I say hidden, it's not there at all, it doesn't collapse, it's not there until it's activated via a show / hide button. So it's completely out of sight when un-activated.

It could have say 2 channels as default, and more can be added as you wish, like you can with the main mixer, and then you simply add a synth device to the combi and like you have on instruments in Reason such as the Redrum and the Dr.Octo.Rex, there is an Enable Mixer button as well as the show / hide. Perhaps the enable might not be needed. So it could still be Enabled although it is still hidden. Just thought this may be more stylish and be more in tune or graphically representable of the combi, as it's made especially for it than using one of the Line Mixers. The Line Mixer although needed (especially in a combinatory situation) seem old hat to me now.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Loque

09 Oct 2016

Would be a lot of work for the devs for things already can be achieved. No, i dont need this.
Reason12, Win10

sdst
Competition Winner

09 Oct 2016

so many years waiting for a new combinator

I wonder who wants more arpeggios.

I agree with you.

Data_Shrine

11 Oct 2016

The combinator really needs to be updated. Even if the only thing they update is the number of knobs. It would be great to have a way to map knobs that is as easy as the macro/group feature in ableton live. Then we can save this "instrument" and never have to map it again.

dandandaaan

12 Oct 2016

Seriously, a new Combinator is my absolute number 1 feature request - more knobs, more buttons, more CV, built in mixer.

I would die a happy man.
singer/songwriter with electronic tendencies

http://pointsmusic.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/points_music

Logic / Ableton Live / Reason Rack / Nord Stage 2 / Moog Grandmother / Eurorack / Guitars, drums, toys

Revise

12 Oct 2016

Sometimes I really wonder how much the Props use Reason to make music.. if they did you would think updates to the sequencer and essential devices like the combinator would happen.

Data_Shrine

13 Oct 2016

The majority of MIDI controllers keyboards have 8 knobs... thats the standard. That's one major reason it needs to be updated.

Creativemind

13 Oct 2016

A Combinator 2 would be brilliant. Why Propellerheads haven't updated these devices in the past I don't know.

selig
RE Developer

13 Oct 2016

Revise wrote:Sometimes I really wonder how much the Props use Reason to make music.. if they did you would think updates to the sequencer and essential devices like the combinator would happen.
This assumes there are features that EVERYONE wants. With feature suggestions there always seems to be someone who simply does not need it and who doesn't want the Props to waste time on it. You'd think there were universal "no brainer" features, but none are 100% suggested by every single user in my experience.

Also, I'm aware there are quite a few Props folks who regularly make music with Reason, FWIW.
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

jonheal

13 Oct 2016

You wouldn't even need more actual knob and buttons. Just an array of buttons indicating groups, like the pattern selector on the Matrix.

(I guess that is actually more buttons, but it wouldn't take up much space. :-))
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Creativemind

25 Oct 2016

selig wrote:
Revise wrote:Sometimes I really wonder how much the Props use Reason to make music.. if they did you would think updates to the sequencer and essential devices like the combinator would happen.
This assumes there are features that EVERYONE wants. With feature suggestions there always seems to be someone who simply does not need it and who doesn't want the Props to waste time on it. You'd think there were universal "no brainer" features, but none are 100% suggested by every single user in my experience.

Also, I'm aware there are quite a few Props folks who regularly make music with Reason, FWIW.
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What I don't get though, extra features and being able to achieve / do more on any device or with a daw is always an advantage. If you don't want them, don't use them. Never understand the mentality of not wanting things to improve or be bettered.

Like people who seem to hint that people aren't happy with this or that feature in Reason. If you don't want more features than say, Reason 7, stay on Reason 7 and don't upgrade.

As for making music with Reason, I bet they do as do I but I'm constantly (well I say constantly, exaggeration but quite often) coming up against barriers or things being difficult to achieve with Reason due to lack of features.

• Information