Problem with installing reason 9

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kuhliloach

11 Sep 2016

It sounds like something may have locked the path where they live?

\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Reason\Template Songs

This 'hidden' path is within your Windows user folder. If you re-boot and run the install again does the error happen again?

joeyluck

11 Sep 2016

I've moved this to Propellerhead General where you might have better luck getting help.

'ReasonTalk Bugs and Suggestions' is for bugs and suggestions regarding the ReasonTalk forum itself.

jengstrom
Reason Studios

12 Sep 2016

You have probably ended up with some unexpected user permissions on something in Application Data.

Try this:

1. Open explorer and paste into the address-field: %appdata%\Propellerhead Software\Reason
2. Does it open a folder? Does that contain a folder namned "Template Songs"? If yes, move it to the desktop or delete it if you don't care about potential earlier saved template songs you may have put there.

Once that folder is gone, Reason can recreate it with the expected user permissions. If that doesn't work, you can also try renaming or moving the whole "Reason" parent folder. Beware that it contains your preferences, so you will proabably want to copy that file back, so don't delete the "Reason" folder.

aimdayco

20 May 2022

Hi, new to 'TALK' but if it's OK I'll use this thread. I've a very similar problem but following 'Jengstrom's' advice, there isn't any 'reason template' installed on my laptop. This time it's Reason 12.2.6 recent update. All was fine before this. Ideas? Regards

• Information