Can anyone recommend some reverb REs?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Aasmund1986

07 May 2016

Im looking for a new reverb RE as I starting to get tired of the RV7000. Which one would be a good choise for electronic music?
Reason 10 Intro
Parsec, Europa, Antidote, Predator, PX7, 4MER, eXpanse, SynthMaster One, ReSpire

EsotericSound

07 May 2016

I really like the Synapse Deep Reverb. It's perfect for washes of ambience.

electrochoc (PRX-A)

07 May 2016

I second. I'm making mostly electronic music, and have a couple of reverbs... But it's the DR-1 from Synapse that I'm always using when going electronic. It fits very well. This said, I have not tried the pricier reverbs...
Last edited by electrochoc (PRX-A) on 07 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 May 2016

I see you already own Antidote. I use Antidote all the time for big lush reverbs on synths or sound effects.

Not many people talk about Uhbik A but I love it. It's not the most beautiful sounding reverb but it offers something different and it doesn't sound so washy like many other reverbs.

Here's a weird song I just finished where I've used Uhbik A a whole lot. You can hear it immediately in the intro on the distorted drums. Even though it's used as a very noticable effect here it doesn't wash out the entire mix when all the other instruments enter.
It's used on about 80% of all the channels as a send effect.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13373737

The Antidote reverb is used on the longer reverbs by the way, for example at 1:26 on the high pitched background vocals.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 08 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Karim
Competition Winner

08 May 2016

I really liked Renoun Reverb . And it worth for a very low price.
But better try out. Some big electronic producers used Rp Reverb
Aasmund1986 wrote:Im looking for a new reverb RE as I starting to get tired of the RV7000. Which one would be a good choise for electronic music?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

boobytrap

08 May 2016

if you not satisfy with RV7000 I highly recommend UHBIK- A by u-he. only cost 39$.
it's the only best Reverb Re than any Re. almost like haven.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/uhbik-a/
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Breach The Sky

08 May 2016

For big reverbs I like the sound of DR-1 the most but always end up using RP-Verb instead. I have found that you can use liberal amounts of RP-verb in the mix without ending up with a undefined mess (I probably use to much reverb).

For drums I like using either Renoun or TSAR-1 reverb. I also like using TSAR for acoustic instruments.

normen

08 May 2016

I can recommend the AD480 and the Tsar. The 480 isn't really a copy of the Lexicon but its suited very well for things where you want a similar impression. Its more of a room simulator than the "lush tail" style of the Lexicon 480 though. I gotta say that I keep coming back to the RV7000 constantly though, especially now that its got IR support.

guitfnky

08 May 2016

I have to second, or third, or fourth the Synapse DR-1. It's fantastic for big sounding reverb, whether you're doing electronic stuff, or anything really. I do primarily rock stuff (but also a little bit in electronic) and it's excellent for that as well.

The U-He reverb was one of my first Rack Extension purchases, and I have to say, I don't really care for it much. It's not necessarily bad, I guess, but I was never really able to get sounds that "felt" right to me, regardless how much tweaking I did. I'd definitely recommend giving it a trial run, if you haven't already, to be sure it's right first.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

dana

08 May 2016

I use Synapse Fat Space and Deep Reverb a lot.

Fat space for shorter room reverbs, and deep reverb for really long tail reverbs.

I have most of the other reverbs, i will use TSAR-1R as a mastering reverb (the short verbs are different from the full-blown TSAR-1)
TSAR-1 is quite good at larger spaces.

Rob papen RP-Verb is another one great for small spaces, they sound really realistic.

LeSpace is a delay unit but can also be used as a kind of reverb, it has much more control it sounds great too imho.

zeebot

08 May 2016

Synapse DR-1 for sure. I also like Uhe's Uhbik A simply for the flexibility and control of it.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

XysteR

08 May 2016

DR-1, U-He A, AD480.

DR-1 is pretty much the same as the reverb in Antidote.

Personally i'm looking towards Rob Papens' reverb. The demos are cool. I've not demoed it yet but I will soon. I think it's on offer at the moment if i'm not mistaken?

Ahornberg

08 May 2016

Have you checked out the Bricasti impulse-response library?
It will give the RV7000 a new flavour.

Aasmund1986

08 May 2016

Thanks for all your suggestions and tips. Will check out some of them and see what Ill end up with.
Reason 10 Intro
Parsec, Europa, Antidote, Predator, PX7, 4MER, eXpanse, SynthMaster One, ReSpire

dvdrtldg

08 May 2016

Be warned that Uhbik A has a bug, something to do with parameters re-setting themselves. If you're working in 44.1 it won't affect you, but at higher sample rates it could

TheGodOfRainbows

08 May 2016

I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually love Numerical Sound's reverbs. Maybe it's because I've always been a different kind of Reason user, because at first, I composed music with the Orkester soundbanks mostly, and less so with the synths and electronic music side of things. Yes, I'm a rare bird. But I think the fact that I often favor acoustic instruments and sampled instruments over electronic lends itself more to IR reverbs. Perhaps it should make sense that an acoustic instrument might sound better in an acoustic space (impulse response reverb). So, things like flute, or lead acoustic instruments with one note polyphony are where these Re's shine in my opinion.

Anyway, I do LOVE the spaces they've captured with their impulse responses. I've seen it mentioned, and I agree, that Numerical Sound should provide a Refill of the IRs so we can load them into the RV7000. But still, I'm happy with them. I have RiVerb Studios and Stages, and RiVerb Up-Front Spaces, and most patches have a very distinctive sound and create a really vivid sense of being there. There are some that are somewhat bland or generic sounding maybe, but some that sound amazing.

Peter

08 May 2016

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually love Numerical Sound's reverbs.
I'm using the RiVerb Up-Front for the drum group in a lot of my tracks.

gak

09 May 2016

RP verb and DR-1 are the only two other verbs I have. Not sure if that means anything, but I really like them (I like the DR-1 W/O modulation personally)

Noplan
Competition Winner

09 May 2016

I know this is ridiculous but you can also use the build in audio track and use a real room (staircase) and record it through a mic. ;)

Ahornberg

09 May 2016

Noplan wrote:I know this is ridiculous but you can also use the build in audio track and use a real room (staircase) and record it through a mic. ;)
This is it! :thumbs_up:

boobytrap

09 May 2016

Noplan wrote:I know this is ridiculous but you can also use the build in audio track and use a real room (staircase) and record it through a mic. ;)
This beats all !
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Exowildebeest

09 May 2016

Obligatory +1 on the DR-1 and the Tsar.

But also this one:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nt-spaces/

It has some very unique small spaces. Small reverbs are hard to love, but I love these.

tibah

09 May 2016

All known and good ones are mentioned here already, but I will throw in my view anyway.

First of all: tired with RV7000mkII already? I think by now I know like 20% of the free IR ReFill by PH and still make favorites. ;) But, I do understand why a dedicated and new algorithmic reverb sometimes feels more appropiate.

Don't own DR-1, but Antidote. For some reason I never set that up on a send channel to use it for more instruments in a mix, but I like it when I create patches with Antidote.

Uhbik-A... ah! My first RE purchase when it comes to reverbs. I got a weak spot for it. I love the medium ambiance and the big venue. I gone full circle using it exclusively, switching back from it and lately using it often again. It can sound very lovely and the ambiance can truly make something "sit" nicely, but sometimes, it also sounds rather... ugly?

TSAR-1R. Little brother I got on sale. Great for acoustic, semi-realistic stuff, but I keep that for rare occasions, since it either works perfectly or not at all, which might be due to more limited controls.

RPVerb. My favorite reverb in Reason. It just has so much to offer, including using only early reflections but no actual reverb, distortion and ensemble effects. I really, really want to make this my go-to, but for now I still keep experimenting and rather use it for weird stuff.

txh003

11 May 2016

For electronic music, I would definitely trial RP-Verb.
:reason: :record: :recycle: :rebirth: :reload: :re: :refill:

• Information