Propellerheads, please consider to remove the login prompt

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Aasmund1986

03 Apr 2016

This is have maybe been asked a numerous of times before, but it would be really great to start Reason without getting prompted by a long-in window.
Reason 10 Intro
Parsec, Europa, Antidote, Predator, PX7, 4MER, eXpanse, SynthMaster One, ReSpire

Gorgon

03 Apr 2016

Aasmund1986 wrote:This is have maybe been asked a numerous of times before, but it would be really great to start Reason without getting prompted by a long-in window.
You can authorize your computer.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Olivier

03 Apr 2016

Make sure you are logged in at propellerheads and go to : https://www.propellerheads.se/user/prod ... horize.php . Then authorize your computer or if you have it, your ignition key.
Then as long as you don't have any beta's or trials installed, you don't have to log in.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Aasmund1986

03 Apr 2016

I bought Reason Essentials and authorized my laptop online. So I need a ignition key to avoid the log-in window?
Reason 10 Intro
Parsec, Europa, Antidote, Predator, PX7, 4MER, eXpanse, SynthMaster One, ReSpire

decibel

03 Apr 2016

eauhm wrote:Make sure you are logged in at propellerheads and go to : https://www.propellerheads.se/user/prod ... horize.php . Then authorize your computer or if you have it, your ignition key.
Then as long as you don't have any beta's or trials installed, you don't have to log in.

if you only knew how many hours ive wasted over the last two days trying uninstall/re install and re authorize my two machines i have reason installed on, ive had zero sucess and have tried every approach possible to remedy this problem with no luck what so ever, im sick of it, the authorizer system is more trouble then its worth, reason needs to get their shit together and fix this once and for all

bpmorton

03 Apr 2016

decibel wrote:
eauhm wrote:Make sure you are logged in at propellerheads and go to : https://www.propellerheads.se/user/prod ... horize.php . Then authorize your computer or if you have it, your ignition key.

if you only knew how many hours ive wasted over the last two days trying uninstall/re install and re authorize my two machines i have reason installed on, ive had zero sucess and have tried every approach possible to remedy this problem with no luck what so ever, im sick of it, the authorizer system is more trouble then its worth, reason needs to get their shit together and fix this once and for all
you in Oz? aren't they having problems down there with authentication server wonkiness? The problems that forced Theo from using Reason.

decibel

03 Apr 2016

bpmorton wrote:
decibel wrote:

you in Oz? aren't they having problems down there with authentication server wonkiness? The problems that forced Theo from using Reason.
everything was working fine, then i added a few more rack extensions over a few days and the whole system shat itself, ive tried un installing and reinstalling everything on both machines twice now and still no luck ? i love reason when its working but these kind of problems are just becoming to frequent for my liking

joeyluck

03 Apr 2016

Aasmund1986 wrote:I bought Reason Essentials and authorized my laptop online. So I need a ignition key to avoid the log-in window?
As long as you are trying Rack Extensions, you will be prompted. If those try licenses expire or you delete Rack Extensions you are trying, you will not be prompted as long as your computer is authorized.

The_G

03 Apr 2016

Not sure why you can only authorize one machine anyway. I have a desktop and a laptop and use both.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Chizmata

03 Apr 2016

joeyluck wrote:
Aasmund1986 wrote:I bought Reason Essentials and authorized my laptop online. So I need a ignition key to avoid the log-in window?
As long as you are trying Rack Extensions, you will be prompted. If those try licenses expire or you delete Rack Extensions you are trying, you will not be prompted as long as your computer is authorized.
so if you use rack extensions, you have to make an online login before you use reason?

i dont have any REs and i always wonder what these login issues are that people have. i just enter my serial once when installing reason, then never again. just click the program and it runs.

tbh this would be a reason for me to never buy a rack extension.

sdst
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2016

annoying and ridiculous, need to login to test a RE, at least put that weekly or something

joeyluck

03 Apr 2016

Chizmata wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
so if you use rack extensions, you have to make an online login before you use reason?

i dont have any REs and i always wonder what these login issues are that people have. i just enter my serial once when installing reason, then never again. just click the program and it runs.

tbh this would be a reason for me to never buy a rack extension.
No, once you buy the rack extension you do not need to login to use it and it will not prompt you to login...unless you are trying other rack extensions at the time that are installed.

Olivier

03 Apr 2016

decibel wrote:

I'm aware that various users repeatedly have the same incredibly annoying issues. Which is defenitely shite. No question.
But i also have to acknowledge that at 130+ Re's i've not had any problems authorizing, even with multiple BETA's running.
I don't know if its their problem to fix. I don't have any data to support statements on who's fault it is. I just know that there's a lot that can go wrong between a client and a server. All i want from Props is that they do as much as possible to make the software great at handling whatever error it gets thrown at it wether they be internal or external.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

decibel

03 Apr 2016

eauhm wrote:
decibel wrote:

I'm aware that various users repeatedly have the same incredibly annoying issues. Which is defenitely shite. No question.
But i also have to acknowledge that at 130+ Re's i've not had any problems authorizing, even with multiple BETA's running.
I don't know if its their problem to fix. There's a lot that can go wrong between a client and a server. We can only hope they've done as much as possible to make the software great at handling whatever error it gets thrown at it wether they be internal or external.
the only thing i have did wrong is buy and add more re's, prior to that it was working ok for once. i have a fairly decent internet connection also, so thats not an issue,, i have submitted a detailed account of my trouble wit the support team, fingers crossed they wont leave me waiting forever to get back to me with some kind of solution ?

Aasmund1986

03 Apr 2016

joeyluck wrote:
Chizmata wrote:
joeyluck wrote:

I tried to delete the Rack Extension, which I had on trial mode. But that didnt fix it, I still have to login.
Reason 10 Intro

mreese80

05 Apr 2016

Authorize your computer. If you have rack extensions, it will prompt you always. Well it does for demo versions.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

GRIFTY

05 Apr 2016

i would love to be able to load reason....without a login screen......even though i'm trying RE's......... it would be great.

joeyluck

06 Apr 2016

GRIFTY wrote:i would love to be able to load reason....without a login screen......even though i'm trying RE's......... it would be great.
Have a computer for trying REs and have another that just has the REs you own on it.
I try REs when I'm on computers at work and in different theatres. I'm logging in to authorize on those computers anyways.
On my personal MacBook Pro, I don't have to download those REs unless I really want to continue trying them. And i won't be prompted unless those REs are installed.

That said, With Reason 8 and the ability to remember login info (which I only do on my personal computer), It's just one click to open Reason and then I press enter when I see the login screen. Not a big deal really.

GRIFTY

06 Apr 2016

joeyluck wrote:
GRIFTY wrote:i would love to be able to load reason....without a login screen......even though i'm trying RE's......... it would be great.
Have a computer for trying REs and have another that just has the REs you own on it.
I try REs when I'm on computers at work and in different theatres. I'm logging in to authorize on those computers anyways.
On my personal MacBook Pro, I don't have to download those REs unless I really want to continue trying them. And i won't be prompted unless those REs are installed.

That said, With Reason 8 and the ability to remember login info (which I only do on my personal computer), It's just one click to open Reason and then I press enter when I see the login screen. Not a big deal really.
i understand. but i'm a committed seven user and nine waiter. i'm just not going to batch out like that when nine must seriously be around the corner....................

but damn i want some of those eight features

Dante

06 Apr 2016

bpmorton wrote:you in Oz? aren't they having problems down there with authentication server wonkiness? The problems that forced Theo from using Reason.
I'm in Melbourne Australia - no such issue encountered here - use Reason almost daily. Shop Purchases, RE downloads also working flawlessly

Theo.M

06 Apr 2016

Dante wrote:
bpmorton wrote:you in Oz? aren't they having problems down there with authentication server wonkiness? The problems that forced Theo from using Reason.
I'm in Melbourne Australia - no such issue encountered here - use Reason almost daily. Shop Purchases, RE downloads also working flawlessly

i never had a single issue with RE downloads, Refill downloads, or Reason downloads. it was only the authoriser updating and failing.

How many RE's do you have? What ISP are you with?

Dante

28 Aug 2016

ISP = www.server101.com - RE count - 100 of em.

jam-s

29 Aug 2016

In case you don't know: when you've got your pc authorized and cancel the login for the trial versions of some REs, only those will not be avilable during this session.

miscend

30 Aug 2016

Last edited by miscend on 30 Aug 2016, edited 3 times in total.

miscend

30 Aug 2016

The_G wrote:Not sure why you can only authorize one machine anyway. I have a desktop and a laptop and use both.
So that you can't sell the other authorisation.

You can either buy a 2nd licence or just use the USB key.

• Information