Need to Expand The Community

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
jonheal

09 Nov 2015

Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

4filegate

10 Nov 2015

should be definitely more "traffic

PurpleMonkeyDishes

11 Nov 2015

Hey all.
IMO .. There was more users on it daily several months ago. But I have to say, I watched as Reason users and Reason developers slowly walked away after being set upon several times. One developer I test for had no choice but to walk away after a member persisted in pushing them.. There needs to be more recognition of differing opinion. It is dangerous to have to much "Fan" in the hierarchy. That is just my opinion so please don't jump down my throat. This is what drove away some people who were IMO giving very intuitive discussion at one point.
Maybe hit the reset button, invite back those who walked. swallow some pride and in a less introspective way form the recognition that others have opinions too, and they may have them for genuine reasons.

Have a good day peops
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

moneykube

11 Nov 2015

we should try :lightbulb: chia pet seed... grows everywhere
of course other types mild altering seeds might help... but too much trouble growing them in time :mrgreen:
and we need more rockin cats

https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

PurpleMonkeyDishes

12 Nov 2015

This is what has changed here unfortunately
RT.jpg
RT.jpg (138.12 KiB) Viewed 7483 times
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

boobytrap

13 Nov 2015

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:This is what has changed here unfortunately
RT.jpg

How did you get this, i mean no users online, hidden or guests then how did you get in
:exclamation: we have a trespasser :exclamation:
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

PurpleMonkeyDishes

13 Nov 2015

LOL.. no i mean LOL

Trespasser or not, its better than nobody, right? Maybe read my previous comment on this thread. ...
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

normen

13 Nov 2015

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:This is what has changed here unfortunately
RT.jpg
Uh.. Thats the display for the current forum. Go to the main page to see all current users.

boobytrap

15 Nov 2015

Attention to Administer,

I suggest a make a new sub forum like this
http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/foru ... borations/

And some beat battle competitions. Sound cloud songs challenges by genres.
I think that's interesting..........
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

PurpleMonkeyDishes

22 Nov 2015

boobytrap wrote:Attention to Administer,

Good Idea boobytrap,

But honestly, no matter how many forums and sub forums, My earlier comment must be implemented for successful discussion. There is a particular character here who I notice is now an admin since the changeover, who really drove some people away from here for good. I remember watching it unfold at the time. Its not good. This is just my opinion but .. total fanboys should not be sub-admin to kenni. They don't see all sides of the discussions or ( Positive arguments ) They just shoot down things they don't agree with! That is not democratic.

Just my opinion as a neutral observer and participant..
Have a good evening all...
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

selig
RE Developer

22 Nov 2015

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:

Good Idea boobytrap,

But honestly, no matter how many forums and sub forums, My earlier comment must be implemented for successful discussion. There is a particular character here who I notice is now an admin since the changeover, who really drove some people away from here for good. I remember watching it unfold at the time. Its not good. This is just my opinion but .. total fanboys should not be sub-admin to kenni. They don't see all sides of the discussions or ( Positive arguments ) They just shoot down things they don't agree with! That is not democratic.

I'm honestly not sure who you're referring to, but I can say that some folks who left were not folks who were contributing positively anyway. And whether or not you're a fanboy has nothing to do with whether you can admin a forum or not, IMO at least.

Pretty much everyone shoots down stuff they don't agree with. You, for example, are shooting down the idea of someone being an admin here, who in your opinion shouldn't be. Could be we're talking about different things though, which if so then ignore my comments.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

PurpleMonkeyDishes

23 Nov 2015

selig wrote:

Good Idea boobytrap,

I'm honestly not sure who you're referring to, but I can say that some folks who left were not folks who were contributing positively anyway. And whether or not you're a fanboy has nothing to do with whether you can admin a forum or not, IMO at least.

Pretty much everyone shoots down stuff they don't agree with. You, for example, are shooting down the idea of someone being an admin here, who in your opinion shouldn't be. Could be we're talking about different things though, which if so then ignore my comments.
:)

Hey Selig,

Yes you may be taking me up wrong. I personally am not complaining about anyone or anything but rather giving an opinion on things I observed.
With regard to fanboys ( I mean Fanboys that seem to talk more than actually make music .. so much so that they are more passionate about the idea rather than the actual product practically... {This is how Propellerhead view them}) to me it is like leaving an alcoholic in charge of a brewery, or asking a priest NOT to say mass, These things are fraught with one sided distractions.

The only thing I disagree with you on really is that people who are not here anymore are not " contributing positively "
I seen it more as " contributing constructively, but not enough fan in the boy " hence why their contribution would be seen in a negative light.. and so the cycle completes itself.

Cheers for the follow up/

Peace
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

Wook

23 Nov 2015

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:Hey Selig,

Yes you may be taking me up wrong. I personally am not complaining about anyone or anything but rather giving an opinion on things I observed.
With regard to fanboys ( I mean Fanboys that seem to talk more than actually make music .. so much so that they are more passionate about the idea rather than the actual product practically... {This is how Propellerhead view them}) to me it is like leaving an alcoholic in charge of a brewery, or asking a priest NOT to say mass, These things are fraught with one sided distractions.

The only thing I disagree with you on really is that people who are not here anymore are not " contributing positively "
I seen it more as " contributing constructively, but not enough fan in the boy " hence why their contribution would be seen in a negative light.. and so the cycle completes itself.

Peace
Spot on. Members here really do their best to burn heretics as in anyone who has a slightest criticism towards Reason functionalities. It happened on PUF, it happens here. It's an exclusive club. It's so funny to observe this. You say something and here they are like those religious patrols to show you the right way. It would be crazy to say that they are paid to do so but something is off. It's like they want to land a job at Propellerheads and are really trying to show how good they can hunt down the infidels.

That's why these forums are being abandoned. Things should be moderated by unbiased people.

avasopht
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2015

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:The only thing I disagree with you on really is that people who are not here anymore are not " contributing positively "

Peace
I saw a few people making this terrible mistake, ascribing the criticism of their destructive behavior down to opposition to their point of view rather than their nasty attitudes.

It was certainly because they made socially destructive contributions and has nothing to do with whether they were saying 'nice' things about Reason :)

PurpleMonkeyDishes

23 Nov 2015

avasopht wrote:
PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:The only thing I disagree with you on really is that people who are not here anymore are not " contributing positively "

Peace
I saw a few people making this terrible mistake, ascribing the criticism of their destructive behavior down to opposition to their point of view rather than their nasty attitudes.

It was certainly because they made socially destructive contributions and has nothing to do with whether they were saying 'nice' things about Reason :)

Maybe you are looking at different posts to me is all I can say on that! Clearly there may be trouble makers who are gone, but that is not what I am talking about..
Anyway, no bother, I did not expect many to actually look at the other side of the coin.

Cheers
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

PurpleMonkeyDishes

23 Nov 2015

Wook wrote:
PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:Hey Selig,

Peace
Spot on. Members here really do their best to burn heretics as in anyone who has a slightest criticism towards Reason functionalities. It happened on PUF, it happens here. It's an exclusive club. It's so funny to observe this. You say something and here they are like those religious patrols to show you the right way. It would be crazy to say that they are paid to do so but something is off. It's like they want to land a job at Propellerheads and are really trying to show how good they can hunt down the infidels.

That's why these forums are being abandoned. Things should be moderated by unbiased people.

Thank you! Finally someone that sees what I am seeing... I was starting to think I was going mad :)
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

Wook

23 Nov 2015

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:Thank you! Finally someone that sees what I am seeing... I was starting to think I was going mad :)
You're welcome, friend. I don't consider myself to be either a Reason basher or a fanboy, but from observers perspective, you are quite right.

joeyluck

23 Nov 2015

Good Idea boobytrap,

If you can reference the issue you are seeing, that would be helpful.

jappe

14 Jun 2019

Julibee wrote:
25 Aug 2015
Hi, Guys! Haven't visited in a while, but that's mostly a function of my kids being on summer break, hence I'm not making music, and I don't have much to think about it or hang out here. So for me, it's mostly a matter of timing.

One kid went back this week, the other starts next week. I'll be around a bit more, then. Not that anyone was looking for me, specifically or anything. :puf_smile:
Hello Julibee!

I hope you've had a great time with your family!
I found this old last post of yours and I'm curious:
Do you find the time to make music these days?

avasopht
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2019

CharlyCharlzz wrote:
18 Aug 2015
Well I worked for six months in a web radio and it is not that easy ,
it all dépends but to stay pro and switching between playlist's and recorded and streamed live shows and back and forth is pretty intense .

ot all depend what is the objectif .
It's not that complicated.

My dad provides online radio streaming, and some of his clients are complete technophiles. They make occasional mistakes he has to rectify, but for the most part they don't have many troubles. If IT illiterate people can handle it, I think the RT team will be fine ;)

That being said, I like RT. Lots of good technical advice, friendly bunch, and lots of musical inspiration ...

We are the 0.01%

• Information