Need to Expand The Community

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
boobytrap

13 Aug 2015

Our RT forum average online users 8-15 at all the lime. is some one have an idea to race that amount. up to 40-50....
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

normen

13 Aug 2015

Well in order to have an urge to use this forum you a) need to be a Reason user and b) need to be old enough to have an interest in dabbling in forums instead of using social media like reddit, facebook and things like that which restricts the possible number of users immensely ;)
Last edited by normen on 13 Aug 2015, edited 1 time in total.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

13 Aug 2015

ReasonTalk is no live chat, so I don't care at all how many people are present at the same time.

motuscott

13 Aug 2015

Mor trollz
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Olivier

13 Aug 2015

What do you think this place should offer so we may pull in more users ? I'm interested in suggestions. :)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

selig
RE Developer

13 Aug 2015

boobytrap wrote:Our RT forum average online users 8-15 at all the lime. is some one have an idea to race that amount. up to 40-50....
I say if this is important to you, then "go for it"!

But I have to ask, why "40-50" at one time, what's the specific goal here (or is that an arbitrary number)? Are there other forums you participate in that have those numbers, and if so could you share what has worked for them?

Everyone here is free (and encouraged) to promote this place to their heart's content, and of course any new ideas are always welcome.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

jfrichards

13 Aug 2015

If there were regular postings from ReasonTalk in other places promoting the great things that happen here, that would be cool. For example, the song challenges have produced lots of impressive songs and are far deeper than the developer patch examples, so letting non-forum users know about the Soundcloud pages from each challenge as they happen might be good. Another great feature of ReasonTalk is the expert technical advice. Certain threads could be promoted elsewhere. Propellerheads have done some promotion of ReasonTalk, like around the beta testing of 8.3, but maybe ReasonTalk members could post song-challenge webpages or technical threads onto Props sites like Facebook and Twitter?

boobytrap

13 Aug 2015

I just feel slow around there, it's okay, everyone ok with the present. I'm just only suggest to make more friends.
anyway, is this serious ? did I say something wrong or Bad ? if I'm wrong you all can count me out. this don't make any deference in my life. even a tiny bit. :thumbs_down:

boobytrap

13 Aug 2015

selig wrote:
boobytrap wrote:Our RT forum average online users 8-15 at all the lime. is some one have an idea to race that amount. up to 40-50....

But I have to ask, why "40-50" at one time, what's the specific goal here (or is that an arbitrary number)? Are there other forums you participate in that have those numbers, and if so could you share what has worked for them?

Everyone here is free (and encouraged) to promote this place to their heart's content, and of course any new ideas are always welcome.
why you so serious for this friendly suggest. is something wrong with that, Make new friends I mean. honestly, did I say anything wrong ?
this is not cool dude ! count me out !

pLansford

13 Aug 2015

normen wrote:Well in order to have an urge to use this forum you a) need to be a Reason user and b) need to be old enough to have an interest in dabbling in forums instead of using social media like reddit, facebook and things like that which restricts the possible number of users immensely ;)
You have some Twitter users who probably say "I'm in the studio!" (laptop on a desk) and then they go smoke something. You have the Facebook showoffs who take pictures and screenshots of their session with some comment like "Yeah this one is fire!" and then they go watch a movie with their girlfriends. The YouTube guys are more legit; some already have their own kind of community going but I've seen some terrible tutorial wannabe's too.

8-15 is like a comfortable office setting while 40-50 is a house party.
boobytrap wrote:I just feel slow around there, it's okay, everyone ok with the present. I'm just only suggest to make more friends.
anyway, is this serious ? did I say something wrong or Bad ? if I'm wrong you all can count me out. this don't make any deference in my life. even a tiny bit. :thumbs_down:
No it's not serious and you're all good. Just have fun and make some music. :puf_smile:

motuscott

13 Aug 2015

Didn't mean to dis you. I don't think anyone did. You're right though, more community equals more posts equal more knowledge sown. Now how to do that...

selig
RE Developer

13 Aug 2015

boobytrap wrote:
selig wrote:

why you so serious for this friendly suggest. is something wrong with that, Make new friends I mean. honestly, did I say anything wrong ?
this is not cool dude ! count me out !
Wow, how was I "not cool"? I thought I was being friendly, encouraging, and welcoming any new ideas. Sorry if it somehow came off as serious, and especially sorry if it made you feel like you did anything wrong - not my intention in the least! Carry on…
Selig Audio, LLC

hydlide

13 Aug 2015

pLansford wrote:The YouTube guys are more legit; some already have their own kind of community going but I've seen some terrible tutorial wannabe's too.
This is partially where I am kind of at. I mean I sit in the chat room of reasontalk just to hang out with people. We chat about anything like real life issues to how to do this cv thing to "omg look at this picture".

While at the same time I do some tutorials from time to time. It is all good fun from where I am sitting at. I listen to my viewers, have an email convo back and forth from time to time. And they intend to drop the convo. Sometimes similar things happen with convos in the forum.

What I am trying to say here, ever single individual has their "own" reasons to do something (let it be twitter, facebook, youtube, forums and a like). Normally I am pretty comfortable just to hit F5 once or twice a day just to read about the "latest" things that are happening. Does it really require 100 new posts per day? I am not sure.. since most of it I would most likely not read anyway.

Its like reading CNN.com. There are news posts I like, there are headlines I don't like. and with that I am being selective. Most people on "forums" are like that too.

pLansford

13 Aug 2015

hydlide wrote:Normally I am pretty comfortable just to hit F5 once or twice a day just to read about the "latest" things that are happening. Does it really require 100 new posts per day? I am not sure.. since most of it I would most likely not read anyway.
Ah man I have kind of an obsessive personality so I can't just hit F5 once or twice! :puf_bigsmile: I'm just about ready for a break from everything though so no worries. Keep it tight or keep it loose. Ride the wave.

PS I really like all of the high quality content you share! Thanks!

gak

13 Aug 2015

Everyone drop lsd at once! That'll expand the community :mrgreen:

motuscott

14 Aug 2015

You, Stop it now!

Kenni
Site Admin

14 Aug 2015

Im interested in suggestions as well. One of my ideas is still to establish a ReasonTalk "radiostation" only playing user submitted songs, and hosting live tutorial sessions and so on. I'm just not sure how interested folks would be in using it.

Edit: Oh, and more competitions are always a thing. We just gotta ask ourselfs: More users is a nice thing. But do we need them? And if so, what would more users here bring?

Edit 2: All this is something I'm wondering about every day, believe it or not :D
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

hydlide

14 Aug 2015

Kenni wrote:Im interested in suggestions as well. One of my ideas is still to establish a ReasonTalk "radiostation" only playing user submitted songs, and hosting live tutorial sessions and so on. I'm just not sure how interested folks would be in using it.

Edit: Oh, and more competitions are always a thing. We just gotta ask ourselfs: More users is a nice thing. But do we need them? And if so, what would more users here bring?

Edit 2: All this is something I'm wondering about every day, believe it or not :D
I am all ears about the live tutorial sessions. However, I am also skeptical about this idea at the same time (I could just explain myself, but that would result in to a wall of text explaining my experience while doing so).

However, its an idea... and all ideas can lead to greater ideas and a good execution plan.

The radio station idea sounds like fun, but... I would also add some dynamics to it (eg: you could loop a series of tracks pretty easy, but the dynamics would be more like a radio show... and that is somethings else). So, if you interested in to podcasting, you looking at a well experienced podcaster right here in the forums. So if you need aid on this (planning / schedule / workflow etc). I am not saying it is easy to arrange it, I am just saying it can be done and can lead to some nice surprises here and there.

tt_lab

14 Aug 2015

Kenni wrote:Im interested in suggestions as well. One of my ideas is still to establish a ReasonTalk "radiostation" only playing user submitted songs, and hosting live tutorial sessions and so on. I'm just not sure how interested folks would be in using it.

That would be awesome! :o

Riverman

15 Aug 2015

I joined yesterday and made a suggestion but it was deleted?
"Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current;
no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place,
and this too will be swept away." - Marcus Aurelius

Kenni
Site Admin

15 Aug 2015

Riverman wrote:I joined yesterday and made a suggestion but it was deleted?
I didn't delete a suggestion. I deleted a post ment to stir the discussion-pot. Not sure if the post came from you :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

CharlyCharlzz

18 Aug 2015

Well I worked for six months in a web radio and it is not that easy ,
it all dépends but to stay pro and switching between playlist's and recorded and streamed live shows and back and forth is pretty intense .

ot all depend what is the objectif .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

gak

18 Aug 2015

What we NEED is 8.4 beta and about 25 new RE's, that will expand the community :puf_bigsmile:

MarkTarlton

25 Aug 2015

when the forum first started there were lots more people online and it seemed like there was more activity which is to be expexted after the PUF closed down. I posted a bit more, but I got bored with all the arguments...people spend to much time at home behind their computers and have lost (or maybe never had) the social skills that make for a civilized community. I stopped coming here because I don't have the patience to get frustrated by reading some of the posters comments and I have been more active with REAL people in my own community and that is much more satisfying than typing out a comment to someone I have never met or seen face to face. You all should get out more too :)

As I type this it reminds me of when I go to the AES trade show and I meet some of the folks who are the head of their small company, sometimes a one man operation... they have to spend hours by themselves making their product with no real world activity except dealing with machines and I wonder how they even get any business with their lack of sales knowledge and people skills...okay rant over.

hydlide

25 Aug 2015

MarkTarlton wrote:when the forum first started there were lots more people online and it seemed like there was more activity which is to be expexted after the PUF closed down. I posted a bit more, but I got bored with all the arguments...people spend to much time at home behind their computers and have lost (or maybe never had) the social skills that make for a civilized community. I stopped coming here because I don't have the patience to get frustrated by reading some of the posters comments and I have been more active with REAL people in my own community and that is much more satisfying than typing out a comment to someone I have never met or seen face to face. You all should get out more too :)
I personally understand your point of view. It kind of seems like we (as a community) are going through a depression state of things. On a personal note, I have been thinking about hanging up the hat myself here too. Since basically my "work" is kind of done after the port. And for me it gets to a point to just move on with stuff that have kept me busy.

This may sound rather negative at some point of view. But I could explain this in more detail later. Since I am kind of struggling with the idea of being the tech-head behind the scene, yet get marked being a "black hat hacker" by one of the community members at the same time. I personally can't support a community (nor "work for it") when indirect claims like these take place.

• Information