Let me get in on some of this.....LOVE....

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
HeartbreakOne

04 Mar 2015

I just wanted to say THANK YOU, to all of you here.  I have really had a tough time with life, music and Reason (for most of the same reasons others here have had).  But you good people have always helped keep me from losing it in the midst of life being life. 

I know that everyone here has their own stuff to deal with, and are here because of their own aspirations, but you all have provided some great insight and perspective that keeps me inspired and focused on my aspirations.  Even during the PUF days (which I feel was a BIG part of my decision to PAY for Reason in the first place), I have learned a great deal from all of you and it has not only made me a better musician, but a better person. 

I'm honored to have had the opportunity to interact with you guys and dolls.  Even if I switched DAWs, I would still come here just as often.  I don't say much here, but it's not because I have nothing to say.  I just know when to let those who know better do their thing.  But I'm coming around to the idea of being more vocal. 

This is a VERY cool place.  Thanks to the people behind reasontalk.com for setting up and maintaining this hub, and thank all of those who keep the conversations going, and provide insight, entertainment and education. 

People don't give props these days like they used to (myself included, but I'm working on that), but I want to give YOU ALL the props you deserve.  YOU ROCK!!!!  Sometimes the skies are dark over my head, but when I see this blue, grey and white on my screen, I instantly feel better.

Propellerhead may not know this, but as far as I'm concerned YOU are its biggest asset.  Even if they never improve Reason to my satisfaction, you folks will always be the best feature it has to offer and a good 'reason' to give it another chance.

Thanks for EVERYTHING, and..........wait for it............BLESS UP!

A. Radford
TO LET THE WORLD BE

challism

04 Mar 2015

What a nice post.  Makes me feel all tingly inside.  Oh wait.... that was just gas.  ;)
Seriously, though, that was a nice post.  I love to see how this new forum has changed the tone of the posts.  Remember the final year or so on PUF, and it was 90% negative whining.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

rvman

04 Mar 2015

Right back at 'cha! Super cool post, but more importantly, super cool to read that you are doing better. I personally know all about depression, and it almost beat me. But I got sick and tired of being sick and tired and I let everything go and started being thankful for what I DO have. And that made all the difference in the world.

I wish you all the best and don't be a stranger. ROCK ON!
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

Last Alternative

04 Mar 2015

Inspiration is the answer. To everything, whether for music or just to get your ass in gear. I need it so bad. It's so easy for me to give up on everything but you guys are all my sort of pen pals. It reminds me of my school days when I wrote to a kid in Germany but had to wait for a month or more to hear back. Before the internet of course. It's so cool to connect to people in the same boat as me with the same interests. So I'm adding to the love. No matter whether we disagree or not, I love you guys for being here.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

HeartbreakOne

05 Mar 2015

challism wrote: What a nice post.  Makes me feel all tingly inside.  Oh wait.... that was just gas.  ;)
Seriously, though, that was a nice post.  I love to see how this new forum has changed the tone of the posts.  Remember the final year or so on PUF, and it was 90% negative whining.
Hell yeah!  I'm so happy that things are indeed a lot different now and that is good.  I really hated to see how things turned out near the end of the PUF and I wish I could have done something to change that, but some times you have to watch/let it burn and hope that the phoenix does rise.  And I can say that it has. 

People are so much more open and tolerant here, even when they're venting about their Reason woes.  I can't tell you what a wonderful experience this move has been for me.  It's like switching schools after you've been at one for so long.  You never know how it's going to change your world.  But I will say that ReasonTalk HAS changed mine...for the better!  Thanks to people like yourself.

Cheers, friend!  Thanks for the affirmation.
TO LET THE WORLD BE

HeartbreakOne

05 Mar 2015

rvman wrote:Right back at 'cha! Super cool post, but more importantly, super cool to read that you are doing better. I personally know all about depression, and it almost beat me. But I got sick and tired of being sick and tired and I let everything go and started being thankful for what I DO have. And that made all the difference in the world.

I wish you all the best and don't be a stranger. ROCK ON!
Thank you for being so candid about your struggle, I can honestly say that I know exactly what you mean.  And I am glad that you were able to overcome as well.  People rarely know (and most of the time, never care about) what's going on in other people's hearts.  We all just want to be happy.  And sometimes you have to search to the ends of the Earth to find that happiness.  But I found it the same way you did, by letting go and being grateful.  That's why I always respond to everything here.  To show my gratitude.  I always hope that it does something positive to or for the person it is intended for and for those who might see it. 

Thank you for the kind wishes and "RIGHT BACK AT'CHA", my friend.  WE will ROCK ON!
TO LET THE WORLD BE

HeartbreakOne

05 Mar 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Inspiration is the answer. To everything, whether for music or just to get your ass in gear. I need it so bad. It's so easy for me to give up on everything but you guys are all my sort of pen pals. It reminds me of my school days when I wrote to a kid in Germany but had to wait for a month or more to hear back. Before the internet of course. It's so cool to connect to people in the same boat as me with the same interests. So I'm adding to the love. No matter whether we disagree or not, I love you guys for being here.
I'm feeling you on that!  This is what it's all about.  Even though I don't know ANY of you personally, I find myself inspired more by you all than most of the people I do know (not that there's anything wrong with them).  And I know a thing or two about giving up... Reason has contributed to that quite a few times as well. But when I read a few posts here and find that others are dealing with similar issues, I find the fortitude to click that Reason shortcut ONE! MORE! TIME! 

You said it best, "inspiration IS the answer".  And I've found that this is one of the best fountains to find it.  Just observing the discussions, spectating the arguments, listening to a track or watching a video or clicking on a link to some outside knowledge does so much for my heart and my world. 

Families disagree ALL THE TIME, but I find great pride in saying that YOU ALL are like family to me.  We can disagree, but we all acknowledge that we are pushing toward the same goal: to get our dreams out there, and we keep the bond together because of it.

I'm with you in saying I LOVE YOU GUYS FOR BEING HERE!  And that's REAL. 

Bless up my friend.  Be encouraged.
TO LET THE WORLD BE

• Information