The Huge Thread of Free Multi-Sampled Drum Kits

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Lizard

19 Jan 2015

Hello ReasonTalk Members! I've ported this thread over from the Propellerhead User Forum so it doesn't get lost. Over the past couple months I’ve seen some generous offerings brought to attention here in the forums from a few individuals of Multi-Sampled Drum Kits. Some of these kits are absolutely amazing at the cost of nothing. Some I knew about and some I did not. I took it upon myself to see what else was out there and did not take me long to come across articles listing all the known libraries available to all DAW users. Many of these kits are not in Reason SXT or Kong Format although I found a few that are. These are all acoustic kits at varying degrees of character and velocity levels. Some have great strengths with their snares, some a large variety of cymbals and others with rich toms. I would love to make refills of all of them (individually or as one) however I have no right to do so and respect rights of those who created them. However, I thought I would make a forum post here, list out the sources and how to get them, provide SXT files for the kits and provide some simple instruction on how you can organize and add these files to have your very own Reason versions of these for your collection. Sound cool?

I’ve got about a dozen or so collected and about half of these I’ve already converted. I’ve also tried to do my best to keep mappings consistent so that if you’ve downloaded all these you should be able to interchange them and get similar patterns of play. Some of these kits in my quest I’ve found are way too much to convert as awesome as they are but probably would not load on most people’s computers. Maybe if I get truly bored I’ll convert these 4 GB sets for now I’d like to keep it Reason-able. You may also notice that I have set all these up so that you can consolidate them in one big folder if you like. They are all designed with NN-XT file in root folder and samples in a folder called “wav”. Perhaps this can make it easier for yourself if you want to assemble them into one Refill.

If I have made a mistake with a link or file then call me out on it so I can correct it please. If you know of any others that are available kits out there for free not listed here then post the link in this thread and I’ll see if I can make them work for Reason too. Let’s start this off!

Analogue Drums – Big Mono Kit

Listen to a Demo of Big Mono
Listen to a Demo of Big Mono Close Kit
This is big roomy kit samples from a Vintage Ludwig set. Accompanying it is a deeply multi-sampled Rogers Dynasonic Snare with Zyldjian and Sabian Cymbals. Analogue Drums has a whole group of kits that I think I may consider buying after I recover from the holidays. All their kits are moderately priced however they are designed for Kontakt Player. If you have Kontakt then you are in luck… or convert them like this one here.

I’ve previously offered these in another thread but I’ll add them here too. Currently I have two sets of kits for this set of samples that are natural as they are recorded and another set where I’ve tries to trim off a little of that recorded reverb and give a drier sound. I’ve made them each for the NN-XT and for those who like Kong I’ve got that too. To make this work for you follow these instructions:

1. Download the samples from the Title Hyperlink above
2. Unzip the “AD01-BigMono-v1.50” file to a location on your computer
3. You can delete everything except “Analogue Drums/Big Mono/Wav”. Keep this folder structure
4. Download the patches I’ve created HERE and unzip them into the “Big Mono” Folder above “Wav”

You are now ready to play by opening a NN-XT (or Kong) and loading the patches from the “Big Mono” folder. Enjoy!

Salamander Drum Kit

Listen to a Demo of the Salamander Kit

This kit was non-professionally recorded as stated by the creator which I am not 100% certain who it is. I am only to assume Salamander but looking over the site I have not seen a name. But I’d love too! This is a pretty nice kit. Your standard pieces are there but it has a really full crash and ride set inside. There are tons of sizes and variations that it is worth having for this alone. To make this work for you follow these instructions:

2. Unzip the “salamanderDrumkit.tar” file to a location on your computer
3. The folder structure here is not all too complex but for this I renamed the sample folder originally called “OH” to “wav”
4. Download the patch I’ve created HERE and unzip it into the Root Folder that hosts the “Wav” folder. Feel free to remove all the SFZ files there

Now you are ready to play! Just load the “Salamander Kit.SXT” into NN-XT and bang away

Sonic Couture – Brush Kit

A brush kit! This always adds a bit of variety to your standard drum kit. The great thing about this one is that it is already in Reason format. The downside it that the key mappings are kind of all over the place and don’t even close follow General MIDI mapping. So using it doesn’t make it easily swappable with others. Oh well. Still it covers brush work nicely with at least a half dozen different brush snare sounds to cover a creative and convincing track. The kick is a little hard for my taste but you can always omit and use another from the many sets in this list. To make this work for you follow these instructions:

1. Download the samples from the Title Hyperlink above (you will have to register)
2. Unzip the “VA-Brush-Kit-Reason” file to a location on your computer

You can access the Refill like any other. There is one CMB patch and several NN-XT files.

Drum Samples – Heavy Metal Kit

Listen to a Demo of Heavy Metal Kit
Drum samples has a few kits available on their site of which this is one. This is a clean a powerful sounding set very appropriate for rock and driving tracks. For me I find it one of the most convincing velocity layered groups of samples out there… but that always arguable. And there is no need to as these are kick ass none the less. This kit seems to be recorded for use in Ableton but we can make good use of these still. Follow the directions below to make this work for you:

2. Unzip the “heavy_metal_rock_kit_drumsamples_dot_ca_project” file to a location on your computer
3. There is a lot of folders and sub-folders in this zipped file. You can delete everything but keep the folder in the Samples/Imported folder. Move this folder to the Root Folder of the unzipped files and rename it “wav”. You can also remove all the “ASD” file types if you like as Reason does not use them
4. Download the patch I’ve created HERE and unzip it into the Root Folder that hosts the “Wav” folder

You can load the “Heavy Metal Drums” patch into an NN-XT and proceed to bang your head.

Sam Greene’s Sonor Kit

Listen to a Demo of SamSonor Kit
This set looks to be created for Logic. It is generally light and generally lover velocity levels than others with exception to a few areas. What really stands out for me here are the snares and Toms. The snares are velocity layered to left and right sticks. I’ve tried to capture a little of that natural feeling by alternating sample in those groups. I’m convinced. The toms have a great tone to me that bites through a musical piece. And this kit has one sample not in most sets and that is playing the rims of the toms. It’s a nice “clackety” multi-sample that adds flair to rhythm pieces. This set sounds like one that might be used for Swing Music. A “swing set” if you will….. (ad fill here). Follow the directions below to make this work for you:

2. Unzip the “SamsSonor_EXS24_0” file to a location on your computer
3. The folder structure is simple here. Rename the folder “SamsSonor_samples” to “wav”
4. Download the patch I’ve created HERE and unzip it into the Root Folder that hosts the “Wav” folder

Load the “SamSonor Drums” into a NN-XT device and beat it.

Plutonic Lab’s 1965 Ludwig

Listen to a Demo of Plutonic's 65 Ludwig
Here is another vintage Ludwig Kit. They are originally designed for use in Maschine. The sound of this set sounds “tight room” for me. The snare is a “marching snare” sound. I think it works well for this kit. As the name implies by the creator it feels most well suited for old jazz and blues style music. But hey! Be creative. To make this work for you follow these instructions:

2. Unzip the “pluto65ludwig_maschine” file to a location on your computer
3. Inside the “PLUTO 65 LUDWIG” folder is a folder called “Samples”. Rename this folder to “wav”. You are free to delete anything from that folder that is not a WAV file. You are also free to delete any WAV files that beginning with “._”
4. Download the patch I’ve created HERE and unzip it into the “PLUTO 65 LUDWIG” folder

Load the “Plutonic 65 Ludwig” file into an NN-XT device and go old school

Marcus Fiedler’s Natural Drumset

Listen to a Demo of the MF Natural Drumset

This is a well-constructed drum kit from Marcus Fielder. It has few velocity layers than most but makes up for it in variation per velocity layer. What this ends up with is not just velocity layers but varied levels of sounds at each layer. Overall it is a gentle sounding drum set and has a lot of brush sounds. Many multi-sampled cymbals as well giving this set a very complete sound. This will take a bit of work for you to get this up and running but worth it in the end. To make this sound set work for you do the following:

1. Download the samples from the Title Hyperlink above.
2. Unzip the “mf-natural-drumkit-ogg.zip” file to a location on your computer
3. After expanding the zip you will find that all the sounds are in in folder “mf-drums-samples” and are in “ogg” format. Reason does not use these of course. We will have to convert them to wav. You will need a program that can convert these and preferably one with a batch function. If you don’t you can download Format Factory which converts many things including video. Save all your conversions to the same folder as the originals. Delete the “ogg” files as they are no longer necessary. Rename the folder “wav” as we usually do.

You can now load the “mf Natural Drumkit” file into a NN-XT device to play.

Pearl Master Custom Kit with Zildjian Cymbals

Listen to a Demo of The Pearl Master Custom Kit

This is a clean kit. Cymbals and described in the file name really aren’t a huge part of this package. What is interesting on how these samples are recorded is with positioning of two microphones on the Kick and the Snare. The SXT file I created included both with same velocity layers and same key mapping. But the user if he/she wants to can go into the NN-XT and adjust the volumes (which are separated into groups) and easily change the tones of these two instruments. To make this work for you follow these instructions:

2. Unzip the “raw samples - pearl master custom with zildjians” file to a location on your computer
3. All the samples are located directly in the root so you need to create a “wav” folder and move all samples into there
4. Download the patch I’ve created HERE and unzip it into the Root Folder that has the “wav” folder in it

Load the “Pearl Master” file into an NN-XT device to play.

Drum Samples – Vintage Funk Kit

Listen to a Demo of the Vintage Funk Kit
This set is a dry kit with a heavy kick and a high tuned snare. It is generally light on samples so doesn’t take up a lot of memory but sounds very good. It also varies slightly from most of these kits since it has a few added percussion pieces like a wood block, cowbell and tambourine. Those pieces are multi-sampled but fit nicely into the set. To make this work for you follow these instructions:

2. Unzip the “vintage_funk_kit_drumsamples_dot_ca_project” file to a location on your computer
3. There is a lot of folders and sub-folders in this zipped file. You can delete everything but keep the folder in the Samples/Imported folder. Move this folder to the Root Folder of the unzipped files and rename it “wav”. You can also remove all the “ASD” and “SFK” file types if you like as Reason does not use them

You can load the “Heavy Metal Drums” patch into an NN-XT and proceed to bang your head.

Big Daddy Drums from BullDawgSound

Listen to a Demo of Big Daddy Drums

This is a well put together kit that has that small studio sound to it. What stuck out to me while playing was the hi-hats. They are really tight and mild. They are not harsh like someone just hammering away. This is very Jazz-like in my opinion. But the real cool part of it is… Is that it is Reason Ready!!! Yes!! I didn’t have to do a thing for mapping the sounds. To make this work for you follow these instructions:

2. Unzip the “BD Drums 4 Reason” file to a location on your computer

Load any of the files from the “NN-XT” folder inside the unzipped BD Drums Folder. Jazz it up.

GSCW Drums ReFill Vol1

Listen to a Demo of GSCW Drums

I can't have this thread without talking about GSCW Drums Vol. 1. One of my members of CombinatorHQ allowed me to host this several years back. This has always been one of my "go to" kits in my tracks. It is a very well produced sample set that has an energy about it as you play. This is yet another cool kit because it is already ready in Reason format and is its own refill. To make this work for you follow these instructions:

1. 1. Click the Title Hyperlink that takes you to CombinatorHQ.
2. If you are not a member you will have to register.

Choose any of the several NN-XT and CMB files tucked away inside and start jamming.

Jazz Funk Kit

Listen to a Demo of the Jazz Funk Kit

This is a smooth kit that has a nice mellow tone to it. It lives up to every letter of its name. Playing this kit I feel like a smoke filled jazz club with the drummer doing his breaks. This is an interesting kit too. There are two versions from within where snares, toms and kicks are recorded with the snare belt on the drum in the on and off positions. Included with these are two NN-XT files. To make this work for you follow these instructions:

2. Unzip the “JazzFunkKit.rar” file to a location on your computer
3. Locate the folder called “Samples” and rename it to “wav”
4. Download the patch I’ve created HERE and unzip it into the Root Folder that has the “wav” folder in it

Now just load the “Jazz Funk Kit – Snare On” and “Jazz Funk Kit – Snare Off” patch in your NN-XT and you are ready for all that jazz

Easy Riders Soundfonts

The Easy Rider Soundfont is actually a quite simple kit. It lacks a set of Toms and generally isn’t a really unique set. But the snare is well done. There are a few subtle variations spread over a few keys that allow for some tight dynamic snare work. Additionally there is a larger variety of option with the hi-hats too and a couple samples of ambient drummer noises. Get ready…. There are a few extra steps to make this work for Reason:

2. Unzip the “easyrider_soundfont.rar” file to a location on your computer
3. You will need to decompress the soundfont archives using SFPack. Download it from the aforementioned hyperlink and expand to your computer. Go to where it was extracted and Run SFPack.
4. Once open choose the ADD FILE button and navigate to the expanded Easy Rider Soundfont folder. You may have to change the file type to open from the SF2 default to the SFARK type. Choose all of the files available there.
5. Once they are all loaded into SFPack go to File in the Menu Heading and select “Choose Target Folder”. Choose the same folder they are located in and click the “GO” button.
6. You should now have 8 soundfont files. You can delete the SFARK files if you like.
7. Download the patch I’ve created HERE and unzip it into the folder that has all the SF2 files in it.

You can now load the “Easy Rider.sxt” file into a NN-XT device to play all part of the soundfont.

Vintage Pop Rock Kit

This kit is another from Drum Samples. It is a clean Pop drum kit with a crisp snare. The cool feature of this kit is a few ghost note and flam additions at the lower and higher velocities. It adds a nice charater to a beat as you are playing. To make this work for you follow these instructions:

2. Unzip the “vintage_pop_rock_kit_drumsample_dot_ca_ableton_project” file to a location on your computer
3. There is a lot of folders and sub-folders in this zipped file. You can delete everything but keep the folder in the Samples/Imported folder. Move this folder to the Root Folder of the unzipped files and rename it “wav”. You can also remove all the “ASD” file types if you like as Reason does not use them

You can now load the “Vintage Pop Rock Kit.sxt” file into a NN-XT device to play.

Sordid Business – 60s Drum Kit

Listen to a Demo of the 60s Drum Kit

This is a full kit with a pretty decent variety of tones on its cymbal section. Snares and Toms have a flamed sample set. Not a bad kit and it has a great natural sound to it. It doesn’t sound “studio”. It has a nice warm sound that you’d expect if you were jamming in a room with your band. This part of a group of experiments on the Sordid Business Blog page. There are another three parts worth checking out too. To make this sound set work for you do the following:

2. Unzip the “60s_WAV” file to a location on your computer (Sample This Part 1)
3. There are a lot of folders and sub-folders in this zipped file. Many are loops which you may choose to keep but are not needed for the multi-sampled kit. You can delete everything but keep the folder in the “60s_1shots24-96” folder as a minimum. Move this folder to the Root Folder of the unzipped files and rename it “wav”.

You can now load the “60s Drums.sxt” file into a NN-XT device to play.

Wavesfactory Tape Drums

Listen to a Demo of Waves Factory Tape Drums

This is certainly a different sounding kit. This comes from the Free Kontakt library from Wavesfactory. The sound of this set takes me back to the 80’s when I tried to record my friend Brian’s drum takes on the old Fostex 4-track. We had cheap mics and were poorly placed. Even though I’ve painted an ugly picture of exactly what you tink it may sound like…. this is way cool and adds a different character than a clean sounding studio kit I assure you. Think Blur’s Song #2. To add the extra touch there is a small sample set of tape recorder sounds of an old tape deck including FFWD, REW, PLAY, PAUSE, STOP and tape noise. Even though this may be presented as a dirty sounding kit it is sampled heavily with 6 velocity layers and 6 alternatives at each zone for a total of 36 samples for each drum piece (mostly). It sounds real… and real nasty. To make this work for you it will take a little more effort than usual. Do as follows :

1. This is a Kontakt library and in compressed format. In order to get the necessary wav files out of it you will need to uncompress it using Kontakt Free Player. If you don’t have the latest version (ver 5 as I type) you can download for free from Native Instruments. You will need to offer your email and register but it is a cool program to have if you have other DAWs. Follow the instructions in the install.
2. Now download the samples from the Title Hyperlink above (on Facebook)
3. Unzip the “Wavesfactory-OldTapeDrums.rar” file to a location on your computer
4. Open up the Kontakt Player. We are going to load the instrument from the uncompressed RAR file we just expanded by clicking on the “files” icon in the center of the Kontakt Menu and chosing load from the drop down menu. Navigate to that location you chose and load the instrument in the instrument folder called “Old Tape Drums.nki”. Create a folder called wav in the root of the expanded “Wavesfactory-OldTapeDrums” folder. Here we are going to save all our wav files. Now that we have a loaded instrument lets go to “Files/Save Multi As…” from the Kontakt menu an locate the wav folder we just created. At the bottom of the Save Dialog box make sure the option says in save mode “patches + samples” and uncheck the “compress” option at bottom. When you save the NKI patch and all wav files will go there.
5. Download the patch I’ve created HERE and unzip it into the Root Folder that hosts the “Wav” folder

You can now load the “Old Tape Drums.SXT” file into a NN-XT device to play.

THIS WILL BE UPDATED AS MORE COMES...........

eusti

19 Jan 2015

This is fabulous! Glad I managed to grab most of them before the switch...
(as a Mac person I wasn't able to make sense of the Easy Rider one, bc of the Soundfont issue...)

Thank you!

D.

Lizard

19 Jan 2015

eusti wrote:This is fabulous! Glad I managed to grab most of them before the switch...
(as a Mac person I wasn't able to make sense of the Easy Rider one, bc of the Soundfont issue...)

Thank you!

D.
Sadly I am not a Mac user.  Soundfont technology is "old" not by modern music standards.  But there is a utility for PC and not sure if one exists for Mas but allows you to decompress a soundfont archive.  You may have to decompress on a PC or have someone do it for you.  Once unzipped I think you may actually be able to use the soundfont with Reason on a Mac.  (Don't quote me ;) )

eusti

19 Jan 2015

Lizard wrote: Sadly I am not a Mac user.  Soundfont technology is "old" not by modern music standards.  But there is a utility for PC and not sure if one exists for Mas but allows you to decompress a soundfont archive.  You may have to decompress on a PC or have someone do it for you.  Once unzipped I think you may actually be able to use the soundfont with Reason on a Mac.  (Don't quote me ;) )
No sadness necessary, unless you're unhappy about it! ;)

When I came across the issue last week, it seemed that this app is PC only and nothing similar exists for Mac... I think as well that uncompressed soundfonts work with the NNxt, but not sure either... ;)
But no worries: 15 out of is pretty neat and will give me plenty to do... Will need to get into some of them where I'm not too fond of some sounds and see if it's worth it to exchange them... Some of the snares are just not to my liking...

D.

Lizard

19 Jan 2015

I did conceptually arrange these as described so that one COULD build their own refill from it.  This is why I refer to the certain structure of samples going into WAV folder and the NN-XT files being at the root.  You could if arranged in such a manner replace things for snare and build your own kit as well.  I've tried as hard as I could where possible to keep them somewhat MIDI drum standard so that people would generally know where to replace sample zones if needed..  Not always possible but I did try.

tt_lab

19 Jan 2015

This is great!!! since reasontalk opened I have a lot of more new sounds...and drums are my favourite when I'm out to purchase, so I am very thankful towards you Lizard for posting this here...
THX

eusti

19 Jan 2015

Lizard wrote:I did conceptually arrange these as described so that one COULD build their own refill from it.
Yes, I noticed! It would be very easy to switch things around, because of all the thought and work you put in already! Thank you! It's appreciated!

D.

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

20 Jan 2015

Thanks you for the guidance on the extraction of .wav files from a compressed  Kontakt library. Not owning Kontakt, this will be useful to know.

Lizard

20 Jan 2015

AJ_3000 wrote:Thanks you for the guidance on the extraction of .wav files from a compressed  Kontakt library. Not owning Kontakt, this will be useful to know.
Glad that helps.  It took me a while to find that out too.  Most of the format conversion programs I have do not do this.  It was odd to find that all I needed was the Free Kontakt Player to do it.  That said I think I do remember in my reading that it may not convert the most newest NKI libraries.  Older formats should be OK though. 

craven

21 Jan 2015

I made six of them into refills already, mapped in the NN-XT sampler

maybe we can share them if that is not illegal... (I did not include copyright info, and have no time to do that now)

EDIT: I just saw that you are way ahead of me, Lizard. I converted those six when you first linked them in the PUF.
Still I'm all for creating an unofficial refill :)
:ugeek:

Lizard

21 Jan 2015

@craven :  I don't think there's any problem in creating the refill for personal use but distribution may pose problems which is basicly why I presented them as I did.  Many of the ones I came across did have a PDF with them restricting their distribution so I just made them as so.  These patches and methods I've provided are mostly designed so that one could create there own refill without me actually creating one.  You can even group them together into one for simplicity if one likes but probably would be HUGE.  If time allows I'd like to create more things such as Kong Kits as well and offer variations beyond the simple NN-XT map.  But... it takes time to build a city.  :D   Anything you or anybody would like to add for others based on the kits provided just let me know.  I'll add them to my downloadable zip file for each kit (will give credit of course) and edit my initlal post to include.

Last Alternative

22 Jan 2015

HOLY SHIT! Thank you!!!!! I love new drums :s0221:

EDIT: I'm downloading all this stuff and listening to the demos. Boy do I feel like a chump for paying $100 for Alt Drums pk1 years ago  :frown: This free stuff sounds way better!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Ixus

23 Jan 2015

I've been meaning to check this out since I saw it in the PUF, a really well put toghether thread indeed!
It's just a pain to get everything downloaded with my internet speed :sleep: The first one, Big Mono kit is taking about an hour haha!

Thanks for putting this toghether, great stuff! :)

Yorick

23 Jan 2015

Lizard wrote:

Wavesfactory Tape Drums

Listen to a Demo of Waves Factory Tape Drums

This is certainly a different sounding kit. This comes from the Free Kontakt library from Wavesfactory. The sound of this set takes me back to the 80’s when I tried to record my friend Brian’s drum takes on the old Fostex 4-track. We had cheap mics and were poorly placed. Even though I’ve painted an ugly picture of exactly what you tink it may sound like…. this is way cool and adds a different character than a clean sounding studio kit I assure you. Think Blur’s Song #2. To add the extra touch there is a small sample set of tape recorder sounds of an old tape deck including FFWD, REW, PLAY, PAUSE, STOP and tape noise. Even though this may be presented as a dirty sounding kit it is sampled heavily with 6 velocity layers and 6 alternatives at each zone for a total of 36 samples for each drum piece (mostly). It sounds real… and real nasty. To make this work for you it will take a little more effort than usual. Do as follows :

1. This is a Kontakt library and in compressed format.
This thread is a gold mine. Thanks so much. I just grabbed this Old Tape kit. I have Kontakt, so just loaded it right in, and it's sensational. What a find, thanks man.

Lizard

23 Jan 2015

@Last Alternative : Don't regret past purchases.  Everything has value.  Be positive and say I have now 16 new choices that won't cost me a penny!  ;)

@Ixus :  Patience is virtue.  You only have to suffer the one download.  You can be jamming on the other ones as you are donwloading the next one.

@Yorrick :  Glad you like that one.  I too thought it was a find.  It took me a minute to research how it could be decompressed.  It is also very unique.  It is a poorly produced kit to be honest as you can tell from the quality of the samples but I love the realism.  It is exactly what you'd expect from recording a kit on a tape deck... at your Mom's house.  LOL.  Great stuff I agree.

If anyone knows where there are other free "multi-sampled" kits I'll be gad to create maps for them.  I do stress multi-sampled kits.  There are plenty of free kits that have one shots but they end up too mechanical sounding. Multi-samples add quite a variety.  I do still have a few left to convert but more complicated.  They require quite a bit of work on the user end and I'm not sure people would go through the effort.  However, sometimes I get bored.  ;)   I may do it just to burn some time.  Let me know if you see something out there to add to the thread.

Last Alternative

23 Jan 2015

UPDATE:
Some of them didn't work. I was looking for .WAV.. got some great REfills and the stuff I did get is really good. However, the ones that didn't work which I would really like to have:

-WavesFactory Tape Drums
-Salamander drums
-Sam Green Sonor kit
-Plutonic Lab Ludwig
-Big Daddy drums

The one I absolutely want the most is the tape drums! Someone let me know if there is ANY way to get them into WAV form! :s0106:
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Lizard

23 Jan 2015

@Last Alternative :  Look at the directions I've posted under each kit.  Some do require some slight modificaiton to folder structure or may even require additional "free" tools to make them happen.  Specifically with Tape Drums you will need to download the Free Kontakt Player from NI.  I have given instructions on how to load and export the WAV files for it.

Last Alternative

27 Jan 2015

Thanx, Lizard. I can't believe I didn't see that. It worked with no problem. Great thorough explanation. Next question is do you have a list of great free electronic drums? :s0547:

Lizard

28 Jan 2015

@LastAlternative : At the moment no.  Generally electronic drums aren't multisampled..... but that doesn't mean there aren't awesome collections out there.  I have a ton of DX sampled electronic drum sounds.  Maybe I'll make a release of some type with those.

Noise
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2015

Just dropping by to say thank you! Started to download some of this samples, they sound amazing!
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Trefor

28 Jan 2015

Thanks for the links, and also for taking the time to map the samples.  Just one question the pluto65ludwig_maschine zip file won't unzip without a password.......do you have it?  Or am I just doing something wrong?  Thanks again.

Lizard

29 Jan 2015

@Noise : You are welcome.  I love acoustic kits. 

@Trefor :  Hey!  No problem.  The pass is : www.plutoniclab.com

It is a little ambiguos there but written underneath the links.  Says KONTAKT version HERE, Machine Version HERE, and then ZIP PASS.  Hope this helps.

Trefor

31 Jan 2015

Thanks for that.

stratatonic

18 Jun 2016

This should be a sticky.
Why is this not a sticky?

Catblack

09 Jan 2017

I have made a combinator for using Kong with the multisampled drumkits from this thread. Most of the kits in this thread have more than 16 drum hits mapped to the keyboard, so this method is a way to select 16 for some sweet finger drumming action.

This combinator uses Marcus Fiedler’s Natural Drumset, mostly because that's the one I loaded up first when creating it. I have to use 16 NNXT samplers with duplicates of the kit, and Reason really doesn't like it. (It took 3 or more minutes to load each patch instance, even though I had self-contained the samples in the song file.)

This combi uses two CV8X4s to dial in the note number for each Kong drum pad. The gate/velocity is passed to each sampler from the kong, and then each sampler gets its note in from the CV8X4. (CV8X4 is a free RE. The combi also uses TMA4, also free, so I could leave a note as to what it does.)

If anyone loads up any of the other kits from this thread so they can be played easier on pads, please save a combinator here.
Attachments
MF Natural Drumkit.zip
(163.75 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

• Information