Vocaliod3

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
pushedbutton

17 Jan 2015

Anyone ever used it?
I wish props would do something with vocal synths but I doubt it's going to happen.
I'd buy a Vocaliod3 Re in a heartbeat but I'd wish for something more.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

17 Jan 2015

Those things are dreadful. Unless you're after a ropey and hard-to-program voice that resembles a mk1 Cyberman, in which case, they are brilliant.

pushedbutton

17 Jan 2015

yeah I'd not use one in a final track but because I work with people who, on the whole, aren't great at reading I would find this useful as a learning aid.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.

Flandersh

17 Jan 2015

I own Vocaloid Leon (version 1 of vocaloid) and it does not sound good, and I have never found any use for it. Using Reason with formant filter in thor works as good as it with finetuning and tweaking do I believe. For vocals I use Eastwest Symphonic Choirs which sounds great enough.

pushedbutton

18 Jan 2015

As I said I don't really intend to use a supped up text to speech engine in a finished track but because I work with people who don't read to well, this would be preferable than having to spend my time recording vocal guides for crappy 90's boyband songs. Just for those occasions when they think the words are one thing and they need to hear the right words sung without all that distracting music going on.

raymondh

18 Jan 2015

I'm always on the lookout for a good synthesized vocal.

The Vocaloid stuff seems very oriented at J-Pop from what I can tell.

That Choir synth sounds really impressive!

My goto synth vocals continues to be the speech synth in FL Studio. For a robotic vocal it sounds pretty good.

I also dabble a bit with vocoding using Reason, it can sound pretty good, especially when the vocal input is a synthesized vocal :)

What I would really like though is synthesized vocals like Kraftwerk and OMD use (Atomic Ranch). Not sure how to get that vocal on a Windows platform.

• Information