Post a pic of your studio!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
DJMaytag

Post 31 Mar 2021

EnochLight wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Creativemind wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Yeah the Juno-106 is one of my synth-wants. Hope you got a good price for it? ;)
I did, actually, though I sold it with the MSQ-100 sequencer that goes with it as well. It needed to have at least 2 voice chips replaced (likely all 6 at some point), the filter chips were starting to act a little wonky, and the battery needed to be de-soldered and replaced. And that was just the "regular" maintenance that it needed. I'm sure the potentiometers on various sliders would fail at some point, as most felt a little grindy.
If you or anyone else on here needs work like that done, hit me up (if you're in the US, especially in the upper Midwest). I do synth repairs as a side-gig and have had a pretty solid success rate with saving those old wonky chips. The sliders usually just need opening up, cleaning the resistive tracks and wipers, and lubing the parts that rub metal-to-metal.

That said, I do have a Juno-106 here that needs a lot of work, that hopefully will be ready to go this fall. Follow my shop Instagram and hit me up if you have any repair needs or gear wants: https://www.instagram.com/madisynths/

EnochLight

Post 31 Mar 2021

DJMaytag wrote:
31 Mar 2021
Follow my shop Instagram and hit me up if you have any repair needs or gear wants: https://www.instagram.com/madisynths/
Cool; good to know. Not sure how much shipping would be from where I'm at to Waunakee, WI, but if my JX8P repair isn't successful, I might get in contact. Cheers
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Ensoniq SQ1 Plus | Korg Minilogue XD

gullum

Post 13 May 2021

Just updated and downgraded my setup
I added
Mac Mini 2018 model 3Ghz 6 Core 64 Gb ram (from 2012 iMac 21,5 2.7 4 core 16 GB ram) the difference is night and day
MSI MAG322CQR curved monitor
Icon Keyboard
The CME got Painted black

I sold about 20 of my string instruments because I only have 2 hands and most of the guitars were similar anyway
IMG_8479.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

killhamster

Post 13 May 2021

It's not much and I need proper monitors and an interface, and the PC is in desperate need of upgrades, but it's home for now and beats what I had for the past 3 years, which was just a laptop on a table and some headphones.

splitpen

Post Yesterday

Hi, love to share my little homestudio, measurements: 1.8 x 3.5x 2.4m (LxDxH)
- Roland Quadcapture
- LG 34UM69G-B Ultrawide, and 22' old Samsung above
- AMD Ryzen 3700x
- Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Peerless studiomonitors
- AKG K702
- Rode NT1A
- Key­sta­tion 61 MK3
- BCR2000
- Behringer X-Touch Ext
- Al lot of rockwool around ceiling (60cm deep, 40cm high around whole room)
- bass traps in corners (rockwool)
- Slot absorber on the back corner (filled with sheets of rockwool)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Latest track: https://youtu.be/JjtcCplYiBA
Reasonstudios 11 :reason: | Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 3700x | Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Peerless studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 | BCR2000 | X-Touch Ext

• Information