Having Trouble with a feedback loop

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Nerveclinic

31 Jan 2015

I am using a really aggressive effect on a track (Chenille "Destroyer") It's creating a feedback loop that doesn't stop until you completely close the song.

Is there a remedy for this or is some kind of a noise gate the only option?

Gaja

31 Jan 2015

Well I guess if there's a feedback loop then there's a 14:2 involved and at least one send. Look exactly at where the feedback loop is generated, and then turn down the volume somewhere in the feedback loop. It should give you enough control over the feedback.
Unless of course it's a feedback created within a single device, then there should be a feedback knob somewhere. Turn that down to your liking.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Olivier

31 Jan 2015

The patch takes an extremely long time to die down.. Both destroyer 1 and 2 are still very much active after 7+ minutes. Even at 30 minutes they haven't completely died down. So, to stop the sound, dial back the feedback knobs on the master section of Chenille.
If you want this to happen automatically, there's a neat and easy trick you can do with a matrix and a combinator that works on any effect that you want to stop on hitting "stop". It goes like this:

First, find out which knobs you need to dial down to stop the feedback. In this case both the feedback knobs on the Master section of Chenille.
Create a Matrix Pattern sequencer.
Dial down the amount of steps on the matrix to 1
Switch to Curve mode.
Set the value for step one to max.
Tab to the back of the rack.
Connect curve CV to the Progammer CV in. Flip the switch underneath that CV in to Unipolar.
Flip back to the front of the rack.
In Modulation routing select Chenille and create two new source entries for CV In 1.
As target select Feedback Left, and Feedback Right. Leave Min and Max as is.

What this does is:
As soon as you press play the matrix curve out will go to max value. Via the programmer the feedback on chenille will be opened.
On stop the curve CV goes back to 0, via the programmer feedback will be closed.

[edit - attached combinator example]
Attachments
Auto_Feedback_Control_[eauhm].zip
(1.73 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Nerveclinic

31 Jan 2015

Big help Eauhm, thanks for taking the time.

Olivier

31 Jan 2015

Nerveclinic wrote:Big help Eauhm, thanks for taking the time.
Happy to help ;)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

• Information