Kong momentary pads

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
submonsterz

08 Feb 2015

Ok had couple of video encoding probs but finally got there.

Combi and instructions all here in zip file.

And video (not great vid but gives a good clue on combi)

sonic spiral selections kong rex trigger.zip     

enjoy or not :) .
peace.
submonsterz.

P.S.
You will need two free RE`s the poly modular cv splitter and merger !!!.
Attachments
sonic_spiral_selections_kong_rex_trigger.zip
(123.28 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

init

08 Feb 2015

ryanharlin wrote:They won't loop, however, since the NN-Nano doesn't have a loop function.
Select sample in Kong's NN-NANO, click EDIT SAMPLE button, set the Loop mode to Forward, hit Save.

submonsterz

08 Feb 2015

ryanharlin wrote:They won't loop, however, since the NN-Nano doesn't have a loop function.
init wrote:
Select sample in Kong's NN-NANO, click EDIT SAMPLE button, set the Loop mode to Forward, hit Save.

I did that on couple of pads in the combi above in the demo vid (if you can call it a demo)
only problem there with nn-nano its not tempo mapped like rex etc :frown: .

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

09 Feb 2015

init wrote:

jfrichards

09 Feb 2015

init wrote:
I had to do an extra step.  If I turned on the forward play and hit save, it would not loop the sample holding down the pad, with the nano amp envelope on zero decay and square wave.  If I went into Recent Patches, and loaded the saved sample into a Kong pad, it looped when holding down the pad (you have to have the envelope on zero and square or it will never stop).  I have 8.1, maybe it's different?  Even with the idiosyncrasies, all this stuff is so very cool.  It's opening up Kong for me, for performance and composition.

WeaponizedCornflakes

11 Feb 2015

I have a semi-related question. In fact, ironically I want to achieve just the opposite but using the NNXT. I simply want to be able to press a key or a pad and trigger a loop and have it play indefinitely WITHOUT gradually decreasing in volume.

I have played around with all of the settings and I can't figure out how to do this basic simple thing. I have the release and sustain on the amp envelope all the way up to maximum other than that I can't figure out how to press a key let go and have it keep playing forever.

Am I a moron? And yes I've looked through the manual and help file, but I just can't get it to work. Forgive me for hijacking this thread, but I thought it was sort of a relevant question.

submonsterz

11 Feb 2015

WeaponizedCornflakes wrote:I have a semi-related question. In fact, ironically I want to achieve just the opposite but using the NNXT. I simply want to be able to press a key or a pad and trigger a loop and have it play indefinitely WITHOUT gradually decreasing in volume. I have played around with all of the settings and I can't figure out how to do this basic simple thing. I have the release and sustain on the amp envelope all the way up to maximum other than that I can't figure out how to press a key let go and have it keep playing forever. Am I a moron? And yes I've looked through the manual and help file, but I just can't get it to work. Forgive me for hijacking this thread, but I thought it was sort of a relevant question.
if you just wanting to trigger a nnxt to loop one loop from one key its simple as this.
make nnxt .
make unconnected thor.
load in sample or loop into nnxt.
right click on sample select edit sample turn on you`re loop choice edit what ever ya want for the loop and click save.
flip round rack take cv 1 out from thor to nnxt gate in.
flip rack back round.
right click thor rotary 1 and select edit remote over ride mapping.
press key you want to trigger the everlasting loop from. ok that.
then go programmer enter
source rotary and amount 100
destination cv 1 no amount needed.
now when you play that note with thor selected that sample will loop until key pressed to turn off.
hope that helps in some way .
forgive me if I`m dumb on this but I`m still a noooob sorry :frown: . shure you can sus the rest out yourself from there on :) .
peace.

WeaponizedCornflakes

12 Feb 2015

submonsterz wrote: if you just wanting to trigger a nnxt to loop one loop from one key its simple as this.
make nnxt .
make unconnected thor.
load in sample or loop into nnxt.
right click on sample select edit sample turn on you`re loop choice edit what ever ya want for the loop and click save.
flip round rack take cv 1 out from thor to nnxt gate in.
flip rack back round.
right click thor rotary 1 and select edit remote over ride mapping.
press key you want to trigger the everlasting loop from. ok that.
then go programmer enter
source rotary and amount 100
destination cv 1 no amount needed.
now when you play that note with thor selected that sample will loop until key pressed to turn off.
hope that helps in some way .
forgive me if I`m dumb on this but I`m still a noooob sorry :frown: . shure you can sus the rest out yourself from there on :) .
peace.
Goodness! "As simple as this"? lol That's not exactly what I would call simple! Simple would be the push of a button or turn of a knob. But I do thank you for taking the time to explain that. I will try it out. :D

• Information