Zvork Volt SL-1 update coming (SDK 2.0 stuff)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
electrochoc (PRX-A)

01 Feb 2015

Theo.M wrote:Very cool to see props finally release update pricing. I wonder if this can extend to "complete a bundle" yet.
In fact, from what I read, paid updates are possible since the very beginning of the shop... It just took a lot of time before one developer decided to use that feature! And the first one was Red Rock Sound, with a paid update on Measure (although they gave away the update for free for a limited time)! :)
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

zvork

02 Feb 2015

Hi everyone. To answer your question, update to version 2.0 of the Volt SL1 from a previous version will indeed cost 7€50 / 9$. It will also need at least version 7 of Reason to work so will not be available to Reason 6.5 owners, unfortunately.

And the update is available in the shop, starting... now!
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/volt-sl-1/

rcbuse
RE Developer

02 Feb 2015

zvork wrote:Hi everyone. To answer your question, update to version 2.0 of the Volt SL1 from a previous version will indeed cost 7€50 / 9$. It will also need at least version 7 of Reason to work so will not be available to Reason 6.5 owners, unfortunately.

And the update is available in the shop, starting... now!
Nice looking update!  

motuscott

02 Feb 2015

Woo Hoo!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Jagwah

02 Feb 2015

Very cool, a long time favourite device of mine, and now it's much better. $9 - no problem.

Thanks Zvork, top device.

I wonder if more expensive updates for other devices will come with a new trial period..

ravasb

02 Feb 2015

I do not mind paying for a significant update. I mind a lot that I cannot try it before updating. 

MirEko

02 Feb 2015

I already love the original so I will update to this and the new CVMutant update too. $14 to drastically improve two of my favourite devices is great :)
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

JoshuaPhilgarlic

02 Feb 2015

pjeudy

02 Feb 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:Yay, it's in the shop now :) !

And I really like the UI.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

gullum

02 Feb 2015

Is there any reason why only the first 15 knobs are remote mappable? and none of the buttons?

anyway if you want to map it these are the commands

Code: Select all

//_____________________________Zvork Volt SL-1____________________________
Scope  Zvork  fr.zvork.VoltSL1
//  Control Surface Item  Key  Remotable Item  Scale  Mode
//Map  _control_  set7_cv1
//Map  _control_  set7_cv2
//Map  _control_  set7_cv3
//Map  _control_  set7_cv4
//Map  _control_  set7_cv5
//Map  _control_  set7_cv6
//Map  _control_  set7_cv7
//Map  _control_  set7_cv8
//Map  _control_  set7_cv9
//Map  _control_  set7_cv10
//Map  _control_  set7_cv11
//Map  _control_  set7_cv12
//Map  _control_  set7_cv13
//Map  _control_  set7_cv14
//Map  _control_  set7_cv15
//Map  _control_  active_set
//Map  _control_  glide
//Map  _control_  trigger_res

childofsaturn

02 Feb 2015

Bought without hesitation! Looking forward to playing with it when I get home :) .

I will second the concerns of gullum if it's indeed true that not all knobs are mappable, including all the set buttons. I would hope to be able to use buttons on my controller keyboard to trigger them. I look forward to these concerns being addressed.

gullum

02 Feb 2015

childofsaturn wrote: I would hope to be able to use buttons on my controller keyboard to trigger them.
Keybord mapping sems to be for all buttons but they are useless for the knobs 

zvork

02 Feb 2015

gullum wrote:Is there any reason why only the first 15 knobs are remote mappable? and none of the buttons?

Hi, the buttons not being "remote mappable" is due to an initial design choice of the Volt SL1 since the very first version. All set buttons control a single property which is the active set so all buttons are mapped to the same property. Modifying this implies a break of compatibility with previous versions which is forbidden with Rack Extensions. It would only be feasible with a new product, Volt SL2, for instance.

As for the knobs, you are right for the 9 new controls. They are not remote mappable and that can be fixed in a free update. We made them non-automatable because the SL-1 eats up all the automatable channels (an automatable channel corresponds to a MIDI CC and thus is limited to around 255) and we decided that non-automatable would imply non-remotable too, for clarity. But if you would prefer, we can easily fix this.

Please not that the 15 first controls ARE remote mappable.

kloeckno

02 Feb 2015

I've found the best way to change the set with a MIDI keyboard is to use a combinator and the individual CV inputs for the sets. That way you just use Thors, a Kong or whatever you prefer to send CV signals, and you can map those to your keyboard or controller easily.

Rice

02 Feb 2015

I'm not a CV geek at all and barely use CV much, but i must say...this is one damn good looking device!

michal22

02 Feb 2015

Hi, the buttons not being "remote mappable" is due to an initial design choice of the Volt SL1 since the very first version. All set buttons control a single property which is the active set so all buttons are mapped to the same property. Modifying this implies a break of compatibility with previous versions which is forbidden with Rack Extensions. It would only be feasible with a new product, Volt SL2, for instance.
Please do not change this. This is a very good solution. Line edit in sequencer for changes scenes is perfectly way. Quick and simply.
If you want to trigger a scene with the buttons, for example, use the kong. You can also select "create track for VOLT SL1" and use your midi keyboard.

There is also the option to use synchronization and knob in combinator to the live scene changes.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

michal22

02 Feb 2015

I forgot.
Very cool update. Bought. Thanks and please more... maybe optional LFO manipulation after the change of scene and various LFO for each knob and scene? It would be good to prevent static sound after change the scene. Useful for synthesizers. Constant changes scenes are not a good way.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

-008'

02 Feb 2015

Just grabbed the update! Great changes :)
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

zero01101

02 Feb 2015

i am really enjoying this update.

excellent work, zvork :)

electrofux

03 Feb 2015

gullum wrote:Is there any reason why only the first 15 knobs are remote mappable? and none of the buttons?

zvork wrote:

As for the knobs, you are right for the 9 new controls. They are not remote mappable and that can be fixed in a free update. We made them non-automatable because the SL-1 eats up all the automatable channels (an automatable channel corresponds to a MIDI CC and thus is limited to around 255) and we decided that non-automatable would imply non-remotable too, for clarity. But if you would prefer, we can easily fix this.

Please not that the 15 first controls ARE remote mappable.
Yes, please make all the knobs remotable at least 16 would be a good idea. EG i have a combi were the SL1 chains Thor Sequencers driving the 16 Pads of Kong in an 8 bar loop. I had to leave out Pad 16. But many other things work in 16s.

frog974new

06 Feb 2015

very nice update .

just try it last night , pretty easy to use
it will be the big device with input for the potar .

Faastwalker

07 Feb 2015

ravasb wrote:I do not mind paying for a significant update. I mind a lot that I cannot try it before updating. 
It does seem kind of wrong that TRY is not reset for a paid upgrade. On other hand this is clearly a significant leap forward for $9. So in this instance it's not a problem. But for more expensive possible future upgrade paths on higher priced RE's this is going to be an issue I think.

zvork

10 Mar 2015

A new version 2.0.1 of the Volt SL-1 Rack Extension is out with all 24 controls remote mappable instead of just the first 16 with the previous version.

Pepin

10 Mar 2015

zvork wrote: A new version 2.0.1 of the Volt SL-1 Rack Extension is out with all 24 controls remote mappable instead of just the first 16 with the previous version.
I've already upgraded to 2.0, but it's showing up as a paid update for me...

Attachments
paid.png
paid.png (40.15 KiB) Viewed 2579 times

zvork

10 Mar 2015

zvork wrote: A new version 2.0.1 of the Volt SL-1 Rack Extension is out with all 24 controls remote mappable instead of just the first 16 with the previous version.
Pepin wrote:
I've already upgraded to 2.0, but it's showing up as a paid update for me...
Pepin wrote: 
Hi Pepin. That's an error. This should be corrected anytime now. The upgrade is free for owners of version 2.0.0, of course.

• Information