Zvork Volt SL-1 update coming (SDK 2.0 stuff)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EnochLight

30 Jan 2015

Saw this on their FB page: new SDK 2.o update coming to their SL-1!

Old version:

New version:

Now you can copy/paste parameters!  
Attachments
Sl-1_v2.jpg
Sl-1_v2.jpg (40.89 KiB) Viewed 2664 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

JoshuaPhilgarlic

30 Jan 2015

... and it has more knobs ;) !

Kategra

30 Jan 2015

I have a feeling the new version won't be as appealing as the 3d render.

Lizard

30 Jan 2015

Any word as to if this is a free update or not?

Concep

30 Jan 2015

Very Nice Indeed!

EnochLight

30 Jan 2015

Lizard wrote:Any word as to if this is a free update or not?
Paid update. It'll be cheap though.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

selig
RE Developer

30 Jan 2015

I have no idea about whether it's free or not, but I did notice what looks like a custom display in the lower left hand corner, which means (assuming I'm right) it's an SDK2 device now, so not everyone will be able to upgrade. 
Selig Audio, LLC

eusti

30 Jan 2015

Kategra wrote:I have a feeling the new version won't be as appealing as the 3d render.
Dunno, reminds me of BeatCrush in regards to looks... I think it looks great in the rack...

D.

Lizard

30 Jan 2015

selig wrote:
I have no idea about whether it's free or not, but I did notice what looks like a custom display in the lower left hand corner, which means (assuming I'm right) it's an SDK2 device now, so not everyone will be able to upgrade. 
Yes.  I wanted to point this out that moving to SDK2 for it to be "free" to existing buyers would render the previous version useless (or non existent) to non 7.1+ adopters.  I suppose I could have answered my own question but I still learn new things everyday.  Like trial resets.  Who knew?

EnochLight

30 Jan 2015

Anyone on a previous version of Reason (before 7.1) that can't upgrade won't be presented with the option in the shop or their account page, from what I understand.  Or, at least it should have a "Reason 7.1 or later required" warning?

It will be a paid upgrade, though - I think Zvork said somewhere around $9 USD (not sure though).

joeyluck

30 Jan 2015

Is that display just a duplication/representation of the knobs?  This is another device that would benefit from the ability to collapse sections.  Is that feature in the works for the SDK?  Will it ever be?

selig
RE Developer

30 Jan 2015

EnochLight wrote:Anyone on a previous version of Reason (before 7.1) that can't upgrade won't be presented with the option in the shop or their account page, from what I understand.  Or, at least it should have a "Reason 7.1 or later required" warning?

It will be a paid upgrade, though - I think Zvork said somewhere around $9 USD (not sure though).
The RE store does not (yet?) support "updates". Your current options as an RE Dev are to update the device and keep the price, update the device and change the price, or release a second device with the updates. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

michal22

30 Jan 2015

This is an interesting display in the corner. Maybe it's just duplicate values. Maybe there is some modulation?
With traditional knobs is a small button. This may be an option for the LFO SYNC.
Traditional knobs can set the resolution of the LFO. Knob on the lower display can indicate the behavior of a CV and can be used to set constant values? I was just thinking out loud. :)
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

kloeckno

30 Jan 2015

The SDK 2 display is probably there because you can change the set with the CV inputs on the back, but the front of the rack will still show the last set you selected by clicking on the letter buttons. So now you can see very clearly what the knobs' outputs are at all times! Pretty cool, and you can now copy and paste the knob settings from one set to another.

selig
RE Developer

30 Jan 2015

kloeckno wrote:The SDK 2 display is probably there because you can change the set with the CV inputs on the back, but the front of the rack will still show the last set you selected by clicking on the letter buttons. So now you can see very clearly what the knobs' outputs are at all times! Pretty cool, and you can now copy and paste the knob settings from one set to another.
That would be my take as well - pretty clever if so!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

eusti

30 Jan 2015

EnochLight wrote:Anyone on a previous version of Reason (before 7.1) that can't upgrade won't be presented with the option in the shop or their account page, from what I understand.  Or, at least it should have a "Reason 7.1 or later required" warning?

selig wrote:
The RE store does not (yet?) support "updates". Your current options as an RE Dev are to update the device and keep the price, update the device and change the price, or release a second device with the updates. :)
Really??? I thought there was just a "paid update" incident recently... Forgot which device... I think it was some kind of utility though...
D.

kloeckno

30 Jan 2015

eusti wrote: Really??? I thought there was just a "paid update" incident recently... Forgot which device... I think it was some kind of utility though...
D.
CV Mutant recently had a $9 update when the SDK 2 features were added.

EnochLight

30 Jan 2015

selig wrote:
Yeah, I think Wiz Audio did their SDK 2.0 update for TableOscillator to v 2.0 by releasing an entirely new version.  That said, v 1.0 is no longer for sale in the Shop, so didn't they treat it as a logical progression as an "update"?  Else there should be a version 1.0 still available, shouldn't there?

eusti

30 Jan 2015

eusti wrote: Really??? I thought there was just a "paid update" incident recently... Forgot which device... I think it was some kind of utility though...
D.
kloeckno wrote:
CV Mutant recently had a $9 update when the SDK 2 features were added.
Thanks, Kloeckno! Was thinking I'd imagined that, but I recall some people being bent a tad out of shade about the paid upgrade...

D.

normen

30 Jan 2015

EnochLight wrote:Yeah, I think Wiz Audio did their SDK 2.0 update for TableOscillator to v 2.0 by releasing an entirely new version.  That said, v 1.0 is no longer for sale in the Shop, so didn't they treat it as a logical progression as an "update"?  Else there should be a version 1.0 still available, shouldn't there?
If the update was the one where you can paint the waves instead of using sliders, I got that for free.

Jagwah

30 Jan 2015

Yessssss!!!!!!
Always wanted this feature. It's actually a lot of work to dial these -100 to +100 value knobs in when dealing with parameters of different values, but being as cool a device as it is it's been worth taking the time to do it. Oh now I will be able to copy these settings to the next set that's just perfect!

Yay Zvork! :angel:   :comp:

childofsaturn

30 Jan 2015

Looks fantastic! This is one of my favorite REs, so I'm stoked. Makes me tempted to get the Behringer BCR2000 to use with it.

MirEko

30 Jan 2015

EnochLight wrote:Yeah, I think Wiz Audio did their SDK 2.0 update for TableOscillator to v 2.0 by releasing an entirely new version.  That said, v 1.0 is no longer for sale in the Shop, so didn't they treat it as a logical progression as an "update"?  Else there should be a version 1.0 still available, shouldn't there?
normen wrote:
If the update was the one where you can paint the waves instead of using sliders, I got that for free.
I think your thinking of tableosc which was free.
This one was CVMutant, and yes the update costs $9 and there is an update button on the shop page.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (7.15 KiB) Viewed 2112 times
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

Theo.M

01 Feb 2015

Very cool to see props finally release update pricing. I wonder if this can extend to "complete a bundle" yet.

EnochLight

01 Feb 2015

normen wrote:
Sorry, it was CVMutant.   ;)
MirEko wrote:
I think your thinking of tableosc which was free. This one was CVMutant, and yes the update costs $9 and there is an update button on the shop page.

Yes, thanks!

• Information