Anyway to take out the "scratch noise" in Audiomatic's vinyl ??

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
wellman

29 Jan 2015

Hi!

I'm working on a track and I really like the "flavor" the Audiomatic's vinyl preset put into the whole mix,except the vinyl's noise. So there's anyway I can keep the "warmth" of the preset without the noisy scratch? 

selig
RE Developer

29 Jan 2015

wellman wrote:Hi!

I'm working on a track and I really like the "flavor" the Audiomatic's vinyl preset put into the whole mix,except the vinyl's noise. So there's anyway I can keep the "warmth" of the preset without the noisy scratch? 
Sorry, but no. It's been requested but will probably not see the light of day for whatever reasons (my opinion). Can't say much, but I have wished the Props would share the development device with users so they could "roll their own" or tweak the presets. But I don't see that happening any time soon either, and is probably even less likely than modifying the current preset because of backwards compatibility issues. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

wellman

29 Jan 2015

selig wrote:
Sorry, but no. It's been requested but will probably not see the light of day for whatever reasons (my opinion). Can't say much, but I have wished the Props would share the development device with users so they could "roll their own" or tweak the presets. But I don't see that happening any time soon either, and is probably even less likely than modifying the current preset because of backwards compatibility issues. :)
Thanks for the detailed explanation Selig. Now the other question would be..: There;s any way to replicate the warmth of the Audiomatic's vinyl preset with lets say the Scream? I tried the vinyl sample's preset on the Scream, and it isn't the same. 

My big issue is that my track start with a piano riff, and the Audiomatic's vinyl preset puts too much noise. I would even be happy with the noise in the song with all the music going on, but at the beginning with just the piano?!?!? It is a bummer :-( 

selig
RE Developer

29 Jan 2015

selig wrote:
wellman wrote:
Thanks for the detailed explanation Selig. Now the other question would be..: There;s any way to replicate the warmth of the Audiomatic's vinyl preset with lets say the Scream? I tried the vinyl sample's preset on the Scream, and it isn't the same. 

My big issue is that my track start with a piano riff, and the Audiomatic's vinyl preset puts too much noise. I would even be happy with the noise in the song with all the music going on, but at the beginning with just the piano?!?!? It is a bummer :-( 
You would have to talk to the person who created that particular preset, and I'm not sure who that is. I created the Tape and Wash preset, so I can only explain those fwiw! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

kloeckno

29 Jan 2015

We should try to reverse engineer the preset using frequency and harmonic distortion analysis!

joeyluck

29 Jan 2015

selig wrote:
wellman wrote:

selig wrote:
You would have to talk to the person who created that particular preset, and I'm not sure who that is. I created the Tape and Wash preset, so I can only explain those fwiw! ;)
You made the Wash?  Thanks!!!  It's one of my favs!
I used it on most all the drums for the music I wrote for this ballet :)

Lots of the Wash preset and Echobode.  Would love some more control over that patch as well ;)  Maybe one day when the SDK allows, the Audiomatic could be updated with a dropdown editor.

Julibee

29 Jan 2015

Selig! I didn't know you made those!  I LOVE THOSE!   :love:

Who made the vinyl?? I want MOAR scratch! MOAR warp-age! Would pay for a separate RE *just* for that!!!!
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

wellman

29 Jan 2015

selig wrote:
Any idea of who could that be? :-) By the way Im using the Tape preset on my piano in this track!

Raveshaper

29 Jan 2015

Wouldn't it be possible to isolate the frequency or frequencies of the scratch and then either cancel out those pops and clicks or use the isolated audio to drive a gain reduction to minimize their presence?

Edit: did I misunderstand? I don't use that preset very often.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

FrankJaeger

29 Jan 2015

Why not just automate the dry/wet and the transform knobs in relation to how many instruments are playing? With the piano solos find a sweet spot for the transform knob and find the right amount of wetness to accent but not overpower.
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

FrankJaeger

29 Jan 2015

joeyluck wrote:

Nice tracks there Mr. Luck.  :t2018:
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

selig
RE Developer

29 Jan 2015

selig wrote:
wellman wrote:

selig wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
You made the Wash?  Thanks!!!  It's one of my favs!
I used it on most all the drums for the music I wrote for this ballet :)
joeyluck wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
Lots of the Wash preset and Echobode.  Would love some more control over that patch as well ;)  Maybe one day when the SDK allows, the Audiomatic could be updated with a dropdown editor.
Fun Fact, Wash was submitted with the name "Dirty Washing Machine", which I thought was funny and clever - but they went with one-word names in the end… ;(

Cool sounding tracks, btw!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

29 Jan 2015

selig wrote:
wellman wrote:
Any idea of who could that be? :-) By the way Im using the Tape preset on my piano in this track!
Sorry, I can't remember everyone who was involved, and I don't think I heard who contributed what preset. There are a few folks I can ask - worth a try.

In other news, I just checked and I actually submitted over 30 presets originally - need to check some of the "rejects" out for any ideas! :)
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

29 Jan 2015

selig wrote:Fun Fact, Wash was submitted with the name "Dirty Washing Machine", which I thought was funny and clever - but they went with one-word names in the end… ;(

Cool sounding tracks, btw!
I'd buy the Dirty Washing Machine RE! :)

wellman

30 Jan 2015

For anyone interested, this is the answer I got from the Props:

@PropellerheadSW: @wellmanlake That’s a shame! :frown: But yeah, the transform rotary is the only setting for the vinyl preset

But they give me some kind of solution too..:

@PropellerheadSW: @wellmanlake The Tape setting in Scream on really light settings can work wonders!

Ecopro

30 Jan 2015

Julibee wrote:Selig! I didn't know you made those!  I LOVE THOSE!   :love:

Who made the vinyl?? I want MOAR scratch! MOAR warp-age! Would pay for a separate RE *just* for that!!!!
I didn't know either. Cool stuff Selig.

Juli, if you want more, give the FutzBox a try and see if you like. It's like the Audiomatic on Steroids. 

To the OP: have you tried the Pulverizer apart for the Scream device?
Guts Electronic Mayhem

wellman

30 Jan 2015

Ecopro wrote:
To the OP: have you tried the Pulverizer apart for the Scream device?
Yes I did! Didn't get the result I was looking for. Right now trying with the Scream's Tape setting. I think I will get something with that. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all your help guys!

Emian

30 Jan 2015

hi !
i remember someone made an preset for REQ131 simulating what the ART vinyl setting does and also an "inverted" preset.

i "zipped" both presets & share them here, so assuming you have "REQ131" or haven't trialled it yet, i hope this works for you :)

ART Vinyl.zip    

Cheers !

Jan
Attachments
ART_Vinyl.zip
(1.68 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

selig
RE Developer

30 Jan 2015

OK, I've gone and done it. I've faithfully re-created the Vinyl setting from ART, but without the scratches. Added more controls etc. Read more (and get the free Combinator!) here:

http://www.reasontalk.com/post/selig-ar ... trail=25#1

Selig Audio, LLC

wellman

31 Jan 2015

Emian wrote:  
hi !
i remember someone made an preset for REQ131 simulating what the ART vinyl setting does and also an "inverted" preset.

i "zipped" both presets & share them here, so assuming you have "REQ131" or haven't trialled it yet, i hope this works for you :)

ART Vinyl.zip    

Cheers !

Jan
Thanks  a lot Emian! I Will check it out!!!

Emian

31 Jan 2015

wellman wrote:
Thanks  a lot Emian! I Will check it out!!!

You're welcome ! :)

i recommend you take a look at Seligs combinator as well tough !!!!

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

• Information