4 Band Dynamic Equalizer

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Raveshaper

28 Jan 2015

I designed this patch as an emulation of the L3 plugin from Waves.
It was designed in 7.1.1 on PC, mac compatibility unknown.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzrZOf ... sp=sharing

Please Note: this patch may not work properly when loaded into the SSL. I have had difficulty getting it to work as an insert patch with no success so far.

It can be used for subtle treatment of a mix or submix and is intended to help dynamically ride the levels of the signal passing through.

Simply put, the levels that are detected in the four bands automate dynamic gain reduction in the MClass EQ to cut peaks in real time. It also has a button mapped to let you solo the part of the sound that the patch is "listening for"/working on. What you hear when soloing this signal is the difference between the dry signal and a compressed, phase inverted copy of the dry signal.

The priority knobs work just as they do in the L3. It's best to think of the priority system in terms of which bands you want to keep, with 127 being most important and 0 being least important. To clarify, turning a knob up to max preserves that band so that no gain reduction occurs, while turning it to zero lets maximum gain reduction occur.

You can get pretty specific with how you fine tune the behavior of this patch by adjusting the attack and release times of the compressors that drive the CV signals, as well as the stereo imagers used to isolate bands of the audio spectrum. Just be sure to keep a copy of the original patch file in case something goes wonky while tuning.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

orthodox
RE Developer

29 Jan 2015

QwaizanG wrote:Please Note: this patch may not work properly when loaded into the SSL. I have had difficulty getting it to work as an insert patch with no success so far.
Works OK (the EQ curve is animated) for me in a SSL mix channel. Reason 8.1/windows here.

Raveshaper

29 Jan 2015

Excellent, glad to hear it works as an SSL insert for you. I have not done this yet, but you can modify this to act like a kind of 4 band sidechain. Just split in sound from other channels to drive the sidechain inputs (remember to route it through the signal processing Thors).

I am turning my attention to a better version of this and it should be complete sometime relatively soon.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

• Information