The RE shop feels like a ghost town. Any release news?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Last Alternative

27 Jan 2015

Sitbull and many other great REs were allegedly in approval status like 2 months ago or more. Anybody got the skinny on what's going on? Electroshok? Noel G? Anybody?
Does Propellerhead not have time for that anymore? :s0225:
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

selig
RE Developer

27 Jan 2015

Do you know something I don't know?!?   ;)

There are many potential reasons for a delay in approval, some coming from the Props side and some coming from the Devs side. I don't know the specifics of Mike's RE (Sitbull) or whether he has publicly stated that HE has been waiting for two months for an answer from the Props. This would be HIGHLY unusual, and there's no talk of delays such as this among the devs that I've seen. 

It's FAR more likely there are issues being worked out on both sides, which could be anything from technical/DSP issues to GUI issues. 

Apologies if Mike HAS publicly stated that the Props are the ones holding this RE up for the past two months!
:)
[EDIT - There have been a few new REs and a few updates that have come out in the past few months, indicating the Props have been approving REs regularly over the past few months…]
Selig Audio, LLC

Reasonistas
RE Developer

27 Jan 2015

selig wrote:Do you know something I don't know?!?   ;)

There are many potential reasons for a delay in approval, some coming from the Props side and some coming from the Devs side. I don't know the specifics of Mike's RE (Sitbull) or whether he has publicly stated that HE has been waiting for two months for an answer from the Props. This would be HIGHLY unusual, and there's no talk of delays such as this among the devs that I've seen. 

It's FAR more likely there are issues being worked out on both sides, which could be anything from technical/DSP issues to GUI issues. 

Apologies if Mike HAS publicly stated that the Props are the ones holding this RE up for the past two months!
:)
[EDIT - There have been a few new REs and a few updates that have come out in the past few months, indicating the Props have been approving REs regularly over the past few months…]
This sums it up perfectly.  It's not the first time the Ph re shop goes silent for a while.  It's anyone's guess outside of Ph and individual Devs why this temporary "inactivity" is occurring.  I'm sure we'll see a few devices come out this week.  There are at least 8 in the pipeline that I'm aware of.
ImageImageImage

Last Alternative

27 Jan 2015

Yeah but not much at all. And yeah Mike did say I think in late November or early December that it was waiting for approval. And I've heard... read talk of a few others too. The ones that have come out since Christmas aren't really a big deal to me. Mostly it's the Sitbull and another game changer I can't remember.Not much activity though. Virtually none this year so far.
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

electrochoc (PRX-A)

27 Jan 2015

Most of the last awaited REs are in fact released... FutzBox, EVE-MP5, Beat Crush, ReBass Wide, only to name a few... Sitbull from Devoloop is one of the only ones we currently know to really be on its way to the shop and which, for some reason, hasn't reach it yet. But this is no surprise: it's not the first time Devoloop publishes info about an upcoming RE weeks before the RE is actually released (remember Dynarage?), so, in this case, I'd rather say it's the developer's way of working.

Among other REs that we're waiting for, we knew for example from Ochen K. that his Carve RE would take a little more time than first expected. There's also a couple more REs that were at earlier stages of development, so not ready yet to be released. In other terms, I would'nt say that there seems to be a problem on the Propellerhead side: it just seems that things are quiet on the developers side, something that's not unusual in January (I've checked: it was quiet also in 2013 and 2014)! :D
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

jfrichards

27 Jan 2015

Jason, if I was your manager, I'd come over and rip out the internet connection in your house.  I'd make you a great Italian feast, like a serious lasagna, and make you sit down for a long dinner to review the stages of the vocals in each of your songs and help you direct your frustrations and anger into destroying the roadblocks and difficulties in getting your vocals up to the same level as your compositional and guitar levels.  I have tremendous respect for your musical work and the fact that you do it all inside Reason is a serious accomplishment.  But don't let your one-sided frustrations with the Props keep dragging you down into this kind of banter.  You're going to kick yourself six months from now when an agent says wow, your songs are great but I can't sell them with those semi-hidden vocals.  Do you have any idea how many record label A&R people toss great songs away (every day) because the vocals don't stand out?  And you have the voice and the lyrics too! Aaahhhhh, you're driving me nuts!

Last Alternative

27 Jan 2015

jfrichards wrote:Jason, if I was your manager, I'd come over and rip out the internet connection in your house.  I'd make you a great Italian feast, like a serious lasagna, and make you sit down for a long dinner to review the stages of the vocals in each of your songs and help you direct your frustrations and anger into destroying the roadblocks and difficulties in getting your vocals up to the same level as your compositional and guitar levels.  I have tremendous respect for your musical work and the fact that you do it all inside Reason is a serious accomplishment.  But don't let your one-sided frustrations with the Props keep dragging you down into this kind of banter.  You're going to kick yourself six months from now when an agent says wow, your songs are great but I can't sell them with those semi-hidden vocals.  Do you have any idea how many record label A&R people toss great songs away (every day) because the vocals don't stand out?  And you have the voice and the lyrics too! Aaahhhhh, you're driving me nuts!
WOW. That's harsh but I can't agree with you more. I sure do waste a lot of time here obsessing over everything, huh? You make me wish you were my manager cuz I need a swift kick in the ass now and again. Pretty often. You've supported me for years and now this is the best support I could get is a you're awesome but wasting time and pissing me off speech. And you're 100% correct.
I'm starting to feel like Hank in the Californication show- about the writer who never writes.

A sincere thank you, my friend. Every day I tell myself to stop going here and facecrook and everywhere else BESIDES Reason. It's hard when you doubt yourself so much.

selig
RE Developer

27 Jan 2015

jfrichards wrote:Jason, if I was your manager, I'd come over and rip out the internet connection in your house.  I'd make you a great Italian feast, like a serious lasagna, and make you sit down for a long dinner to review the stages of the vocals in each of your songs and help you direct your frustrations and anger into destroying the roadblocks and difficulties in getting your vocals up to the same level as your compositional and guitar levels.  I have tremendous respect for your musical work and the fact that you do it all inside Reason is a serious accomplishment.  But don't let your one-sided frustrations with the Props keep dragging you down into this kind of banter.  You're going to kick yourself six months from now when an agent says wow, your songs are great but I can't sell them with those semi-hidden vocals.  Do you have any idea how many record label A&R people toss great songs away (every day) because the vocals don't stand out?  And you have the voice and the lyrics too! Aaahhhhh, you're driving me nuts!
PSoames wrote:
It is frustrating when someone who has such obvious skill and ability, gets ground down by non-issues like this.

But I just see it as him relaxing, letting off some steam, kicking back, throwing a few insults at a corporate identity that's not listening anyway!

;)
To be perfectly fair, the main gist of this thread is asking if anyone has intel on what's going on. Not so much as a rant or insults that I can see. 

But you make a great point that may not apply to this thread but DOES apply to this forum - the Props aren't listening here so any anger etc. directed at them only ends up stirring the pot here. I understand the need to vent (maybe "vent threads" should be better labeled?), but this is after all a user forum and not a developer forum. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

27 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote: WOW. That's harsh but I can't agree with you more. I sure do waste a lot of time here obsessing over everything, huh? You make me wish you were my manager cuz I need a swift kick in the ass now and again. Pretty often. You've supported me for years and now this is the best support I could get is a
Last Alternative wrote:you're awesome but wasting time
Last Alternative wrote: speech. And you're 100% correct.
I'm starting to feel like Hank in the Californication show- about the writer who never writes.

A sincere thank you, my friend. Every day I tell myself to stop going here and facecrook and everywhere else BESIDES Reason. It's hard when you doubt yourself so much.
Man, if there's one thing I'd LOVE to see more of with this new community is mutual artistic support. Just about EVERY artist has healthy doses of self doubt, even the ones that you THINK are so confident in public!

Sometimes the best thing you can do for someone you know is to light a fire under them, remind them how far they've come and how close they are to their goals. It's easy to loose sight of your goal as a music artist IMO, especially if you work in isolation. 

I just worked with a lead guitarist in a band this past weekend. He hates everything he plays, and the band warned me he would be hard on himself. But the thing is, he's a pretty amazing player, he just doesn't realize how good he actually IS! He would lay down this amazing lead and then basically rip himself to shreds, while at the same time everyone in the room is telling him how great the solo is! 

It may even be a form of "fear of success", something that seems to infect artists of all types more than fear of failure or any other fear. But indeed, there's a fine line between self-confidence and cocky, and I'd much rather try to build up someone with self esteem issues than talk down someone with an over inflated ego!
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 Jan 2015

I think it's less a fear of success and just that they likely see where they want to be and will beat themselves up until they reach that point, though it's more than likely they'll never realise when they've reached it.

I know from my own experience that what I perceive while I'm playing and performing is not actually what other people hear. Instead I hear the facts of timing, I hear the other instruments and am indulged 90% in my role and not in actively listening to what I am actually doing. It's not until I listen back and think, who the hell is that guy playing the piano, I quite lik.,.. ... oh wait, that's me!!!

My guess is that because play more than they record they never realise how good they are.

And for those who do record and still doubt, it's just likely that they are focusing on the fact that the song doesn't sound how they want to sound, while that specific sound they are after doesn't prevent their song from still being awesome.

joeyluck

27 Jan 2015

PSoames wrote:
It is frustrating when someone who has such obvious skill and ability, gets ground down by non-issues like this.

But I just see it as him relaxing, letting off some steam, kicking back, throwing a few insults at a corporate identity that's not listening anyway!

;)
selig wrote:
To be perfectly fair, the main gist of this thread is asking if anyone has intel on what's going on. Not so much as a rant or insults that I can see. 

But you make a great point that may not apply to this thread but DOES apply to this forum - the Props aren't listening here so any anger etc. directed at them only ends up stirring the pot here. I understand the need to vent (maybe "vent threads" should be better labeled?), but this is after all a user forum and not a developer forum. :)
I think the insult is more so in the thread title; Referring to the RE Shop as a 'joke.'  We've seen a couple of these recently.  Such as the "PX7 is worthless" thread.  Where the thread itself doesn't seem as much like trolling as the title does.  Perhaps unintentional.

eusti

27 Jan 2015

Jason, I agree with John here. You are immensely talented... Not that I know too much of your music yet... :)

D.

selig
RE Developer

27 Jan 2015

joeyluck wrote:
I think the insult is more so in the thread title; Referring to the RE Shop as a 'joke.'  We've seen a couple of these recently.  Such as the "PX7 is worthless" thread.  Where the thread itself doesn't seem as much like trolling as the title does.  Perhaps unintentional.
Indeed - please check out my comment in that thread, which can possibly apply here as well IMO.
http://www.reasontalk.com/post/show_sin ... stcount=44
Selig Audio, LLC

Exowildebeest

27 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote: WOW. That's harsh but I can't agree with you more. I sure do waste a lot of time here obsessing over everything, huh? You make me wish you were my manager cuz I need a swift kick in the ass now and again. Pretty often. You've supported me for years and now this is the best support I could get is a
Last Alternative wrote:you're awesome but wasting time
Last Alternative wrote: speech. And you're 100% correct.

selig wrote:
It's easy to loose sight of your goal as a music artist IMO, especially if you work in isolation. 
I've experienced the exact opposite - the more success I've had with my music, the more difficult it is to stick to my own vision. When I just started out and was totally isolated, I didn't have fans or labels with expectations in mind when I was making music. Neither did I have to think about "how will this track sound between other people's tracks on forthcoming compilation X" and stuff like that. Now I do, even though I tend to be able to ignore it, such thoughts and consequent self-doubt pops up regularly. It's a matter of continually trying to balance those feelings and use them positively towards one's own goal - at least that's what it seems like to me.

rcbuse
RE Developer

27 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Sitbull and many other great REs were allegedly in approval status like 2 months ago or more. Anybody got the skinny on what's going on? Electroshok? Noel G? Anybody?
Does Propellerhead not have time for that anymore? :s0225:
I can only speak for myself when I say that any slowdowns on my releases have been self imposed.  I haven't noticed any change in speed to the RE approval process.

joeyluck

27 Jan 2015

joeyluck wrote:
selig wrote:
Indeed - please check out my comment in that thread, which can possibly apply here as well IMO.
http://www.reasontalk.com/post/show_sin ... stcount=44

True.  And what's valuable about this forum over the PUF, is we can change our titles after the fact (not just the title of our first comment, but the thread title).  I think just as much as folks can do their best to avoid reacting to titles, the OP's can put more thought into the title (or change it if it doesn't actually convey what they mean to say/discuss).  It is after all much of the conversation starter and the thing that draws people to the thread.

PX7 is my favorite synth and my response to that thread was to just point the OP to a ReFill that might change the opinion.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

27 Jan 2015

Xmas and NY are a strange time. 

One is either :

1) Away

2) Drunk

3) Violently ill

or

4) All the above!

It does take about a month to catch up. ;)

Last Alternative

27 Jan 2015

OK guys I made the thread title more tactful. Sorry if I seemed to be trolling. Not my intention. And I'll be more careful with my words from now on. I sure as hell don't want this place to turn sour like the PUF that's for sure.
God bless and have a fun week :)

joeyluck

27 Jan 2015

Good on you, Last Alternative ;)

Now folks will approach the thread with a completely different mindset :)

Last Alternative

27 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:and another game changer I can't remember.
joeyluck wrote:
This made me chuckle  :s0238:
LOL I felt a little silly forgetting about such a big one! Just remembered while in the Sidechain thread.
There was a dynamic EQ RE announced late last year and I just checked the shop and didn't see it. I'm guessing it's coming soon. Really looking forward to that one, buddy!
In my studies I've gathered that it's a great substitute for sidechain compression.

Submonster showed me the workaround a while ago but I don't like workarounds- too messy :roll:

electrochoc (PRX-A)

27 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote: LOL I felt a little silly forgetting about such a big one! Just remembered while in the Sidechain thread.
There was a dynamic EQ RE announced late last year and I just checked the shop and didn't see it. I'm guessing it's coming soon. Really looking forward to that one, buddy!
In my studies I've gathered that it's a great substitute for sidechain compression.

Submonster showed me the workaround a while ago but I don't like workarounds- too messy :roll:
You mean this one?

Attachments
carve1.jpg
carve1.jpg (103.84 KiB) Viewed 2899 times
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

JNeffLind

27 Jan 2015

It does make sense that January would be slow. Anyone that produces a product tracks consumer behavior and does their best to time releases accordingly. The holiday season was when everyone had their checkbooks open. Now most are cutting up their bank cards and tightening their belts to recover from spending sprees. Releasing products now doesn't make sense since promotional pop would fall on deaf ears (empty wallets?)

Last Alternative

28 Jan 2015

Welllllll..... I don't know about the rest of the world but tax season starts now in USA! Maybe we'll see some sales. PH has got to know peeps are getting their tax returns. I'll be filing taxes this weekend and am expecting a nice return if I don't get the fascist communist tyrannic imperialistic monarchist fine for not having Obamacare!
Been pretty much a wreck hoping I made little enough to be exempt. It's supposed to be around $395! Fucking lies. At first they said $95. I hate my Constitution killing criminal government.

Anywho! Back on track; OK so now I see why the Ocean K Carve is all the rage! Any idea on pricing? ETA?
Gosh darnit. And I said I wouldn't spend a penny on PH until they redeemed themselves with R9 :nono:

selig
RE Developer

28 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Welllllll..... I don't know about the rest of the world but tax season starts now in USA! Maybe we'll see some sales. PH has got to know peeps are getting their tax returns. I'll be filing taxes this weekend and am expecting a nice return if I don't get the fascist communist tyrannic imperialistic monarchist fine for not having Obamacare!
Been pretty much a wreck hoping I made little enough to be exempt. It's supposed to be around $395! Fucking lies. At first they said $95. I hate my Constitution killing criminal government.

Anywho! Back on track; OK so now I see why the Ocean K Carve is all the rage! Any idea on pricing? ETA?
Gosh darnit. And I said I wouldn't spend a penny on PH until they redeemed themselves with R9 :nono:
If you care enough about the wording your titles (and I sincerely thank you for that!), can you also kindly show similar care in leaving inflammatory politics out of your threads. Pretty please?
;)

Selig Audio, LLC

• Information