Uh oh.......... Fell hard in love with $140.00 worth of rack extension......

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Marketblandings

27 Jan 2015

The RiVerb studios, stages, symphony halls reverb.
Remarkably different. Makes other reverbs sound cheap. Even the dry/wet knob is a revelation!

It's 70 bucks. And it's little pal the small spaces Riverb is 70 more.

Doh!

Bonkhead

27 Jan 2015

And how about Tsar ?

Last Alternative

27 Jan 2015

I haven't heard or tried the RiVerb yet but TSAR1 is by far the most realest fake reverb I've ever heard or used. It's the best for room ambiance and it's on my drum bus in every song now. I recommend ignoring the presets.
For symphony halls my go-to is the RV7000 full orchestra preset tweaked to fit what's going on. I have the Ubihk A but never use it because it sounds like a tin can to me. And maybe 1/10 songs I use the red half-rack reverb for a unique effect on something. It's really cool after the red half-rack delay. I think I'm good on reverb.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Marketblandings

27 Jan 2015

Bonkhead wrote:And how about Tsar ?
havn't tried the Tsar, yet.... but if it's even better, I better wait!

electrochoc (PRX-A)

27 Jan 2015

Do Tsar and RiVerb really fall in the same category? Tsar is an algorithmic reverb, while RiVerb is a convolution reverb packed with a set of impulses. If I understood everything right, that means that Tsar might be the best choice to add some ambience to a sound, notably to a synthetic sound, and to add some flavor to a song assumed to be a studio recording. Tsar might be more suited when the power of the effect itself wins over its realistic side. But if what you're looking for are realistic results, for example in classical music, if you want in other terms something as close as possible as the reverb response of a real room, RiVerb might be better, since it's based on real rooms configurations.

But that's only the way I understood that... Anyone can confirm?
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

• Information