satire image "propellerhead crew"

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Rice

26 Jan 2015

Come Georgie, do we really allow them to have that much control of our emotions? Man, we are giving them too much power...I know it's hard for some, but man, them dude don't have me worried about their every move...hell, at the end of the day, it don't matter!

Rice

26 Jan 2015

Rice wrote:Come Georgie, do we really allow them to have that much control of our emotions? Man, we are giving them too much power...I know it's hard for some, but man, them dude don't have me worried about their every move...hell, at the end of the day, it don't matter!
GeorgeFeb wrote:
Sure, I said hell with the PUF, move on, all cool!

I don't have even a slightest regret about PUF now, all people are here, great!

Now ReasonTalk just need more recognition, that's what it needs!
That's my feelings too man.

Unlike some, PH's do not affect my bottom-line...hell, if they went belly-up that's on them and their decisions, but as for me, I would carry on making music.

NMRosta

27 Jan 2015

I like to create music/art and i suppose it came natural to react. But i like to be sarcastic and joke about things like the Reason forums death but it does not bother me so that i will dream nightmares about it. It is just that i like Reason that mutch and that there actualy are people that having the Reason logo on their butt. But i can´t even imagen how it woud be to be a part of a propellerhead crew because im not a programer. Maybe im a bit jellous about that? Maybe thats why i whant more more more like a baby grying for some more milkshacke. Hahaha

Peace people/NMRosta

jappe

27 Jan 2015

Rice wrote:Why does it matter so much since we do have this place where it seems the majority of the "kitchen" krew gang is at?
I think people react in different ways. If I analyze myself, it matters to me mainly because:

1. Forum removal didn't make any sense to me, given the vague and strange explanations we got from the Prop's.

2. They gave a very short notice about the forum removal. We helped Prop's build the community, and they ditch it like that. It cannot be a surprise to the Prop's that it was going to be perceived as very disrespectful.

3. The "perspective" blog was suggested to give some perspective on this, but it was written in Marketing Language which I don't speak or understand. In fact I personally very much dislike marketing language.

4. This one is only a small issue, but still: Mattias promised to see what he could to to extend the deadline. Perhaps I missed any message, but I didn't see him coming back giving us any status.(correct me on this if you have other info) the forum was just removed.
I really don't blame Mattias personally for this, I'm quite sure he had valid reasons, perhaps it's just that I don't know those reasons. And I do realize that when you have a community riot like that, it's not easy to handle without getting pissed off - I know I would. (And I do appreciate that he communicated with the community, even though the rationale didn't become much clearer for me)

5. Personally I have difficulties when people treat me badly in real life, so I think I tend to overreact compared to the average when I feel the slightest feeling of being treated with undeserved disrespect - especially from a company I admire so much. I'm a programmer myself and I sometimes struggle with far far less complex programming problems than I imagine the Prop Crew do. They made Reason, so they are heroes.

Perhaps we would understand their decision and the way they handled it if we had access to relevant information.
Could be that they are merging with some other company, and quickly needs to clean up the facade. (I agree that PUF was dirty at times the past year, since it wasn't actively moderated)

That said, I don't plan to get stuck because of this. Happy to be here, and hope to re-focus on contribution instead of complaining eventually:-)

kloeckno

27 Jan 2015

Way to keep it classy :s0959:

jfrichards

27 Jan 2015

Not sure if this is continuing with satirical graphics or an actual suggestion (I suppose that fits in with the confused purgatory that some of this situation appears to be).  But anyway, here is a cartoon character for use by Japanese teens using Discover, half Harajuku, half Kabuki:

rvman

27 Jan 2015

I've been to the new site just ONCE since the changes. And I used to visit several times a day.
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

Jagwah

27 Jan 2015

Attachments
Untitled6.jpg
Untitled6.jpg (97.82 KiB) Viewed 2282 times

Rice

28 Jan 2015

kloeckno wrote:Way to keep it classy :s0959:
What do you mean by this?

kloeckno

28 Jan 2015

The picture in the original post is very amateurish and full of vulgarity. Not that I'm some kind of prude, but it just seems out of place in our happy new forum. No big deal, but to assume Props don't listen to their customers is silly.

It just seems like many of the forum regulars think that the majority of Reason's users have the exact same opinions as them, when in reality they are probably in the minority IMO.

pushedbutton

28 Jan 2015

Personally I'd have drawn Ernst as a dad trying to watch a game on tv with a beer and his feet up, Matti would be dressed as a maid shouting at the kids telling them to stop playing in the mud while a shiny new climbing frame remains untouched in the centre of the garden.
If your attention span expands to three frames the second would be Ernst turning the mud into a vegetable patch with a sign saying 'keep off' and the third frame would be the kids playing in the neighbours mud, but who has time to draw all that these days?
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Jagwah

29 Jan 2015

kloeckno wrote:The picture in the original post is very amateurish and full of vulgarity. Not that I'm some kind of prude, but it just seems out of place in our happy new forum. No big deal, but to assume Props don't listen to their customers is silly.

It just seems like many of the forum regulars think that the majority of Reason's users have the exact same opinions as them, when in reality they are probably in the minority IMO.
I think you are reading in to it too much. It's just a bit of fun, I really enjoyed it.

Ecopro

29 Jan 2015

KEVMOVE02 wrote:So the people who have never took the time to go to PUF, but join this forum, what impact do these "bad break up" posts have on their impression of reason users? Besides, the people that you really want to see these post are not here, so you're pain is intensified.  "Time will never mend the careless whispers of a good friend. To the heart and mind, ignorance kind. There's no comfort in the truth, pain is all you find." 

Take your grief and make something memorable.
Couldn't help it! :)

Guts Electronic Mayhem

Rice

29 Jan 2015

KEVMOVE02 wrote:So the people who have never took the time to go to PUF, but join this forum, what impact do these "bad break up" posts have on their impression of reason users? Besides, the people that you really want to see these post are not here, so you're pain is intensified.  "Time will never mend the careless whispers of a good friend. To the heart and mind, ignorance kind. There's no comfort in the truth, pain is all you find." 

Take your grief and make something memorable.
Ecopro wrote:
Couldn't help it! :)

Ok...too, too funny :D

forensickbeats

29 Jan 2015

I remember of having a "hitler finds out" moment when I learned about DISScover.

RhysHuntley89

01 Feb 2015

Noplan wrote:Image 
Oh man, that's classic - it's funny (it hurts) because it's true. And I'm glad my first post here is acknowledging that great graphic. 

Noplan
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2015

Oh man, that's classic - it's funny (it hurts) because it's true. And I'm glad my first post here is acknowledging that great graphic. 
Thanks! :)

edx500

02 Feb 2015

FWIW I think the picture is cool. A fair commentary on PH customer relations :thumbup:

kitekrazy

03 Feb 2015

Rice wrote:Come Georgie, do we really allow them to have that much control of our emotions? Man, we are giving them too much power...I know it's hard for some, but man, them dude don't have me worried about their every move...hell, at the end of the day, it don't matter!
 I guess that's what $400 buys.

kitekrazy

03 Feb 2015

kloeckno wrote:The picture in the original post is very amateurish and full of vulgarity. Not that I'm some kind of prude, but it just seems out of place in our happy new forum. No big deal, but to assume Props don't listen to their customers is silly.

Jagwah wrote:
I think you are reading in to it too much. It's just a bit of fun, I really enjoyed it.
+1

• Information